Ukraine

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
carte_russie.gif
I am delighted that Russia is going through with this because since the fall of the USSR it has only said yes to the world l.The world needs a face power against the usa and his pet what europe of today (EU)
I know the history of russia and ukraine was lucky that it was Yeltsin who succeeds Communist otherwise today Ukraine would be part of the Federation of Russia which would be natural!

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
carte_russie.gif
I am delighted that Russia is going through with this because since the fall of the USSR it has only said yes to the world l.The world needs a face power against the usa and his pet what europe of today (EU)
I know the history of russia and ukraine was lucky that it was Yeltsin who succeeds Communist otherwise today Ukraine would be part of the Federation of Russia which would be natural!

That's like saying Rome should control all of this land because the once great Roman Empire had it.
800px-Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png

Or even saying that Britain should have control over the eastern US because they used to own it.

Russia does not own Ukraine and Ukrainians do not want to be a part of that crappy country. Russia needs to leave them alone and Putin needs to stop beeing a little crybaby. He and Kim Jong-Un HAVE to be related somehow. That whole "if you guys make fun of me, I'll nuke your country" needs to GTFO.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
unless i'm wrong, Crimea voted 95% for Russia to annex them ...

meh none of our business...

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
In a hastily done vote with no oversight allowed from any outside countries while the military had control of crimea.

Russia has taken over Crimea. It's done. I don't think the UN or the rest of Europe actually expects to change that.

The problem with being a super-powerful country with fingers in every aspect of the global community and global economy is that it is everyone's business what everyone else does.

Nick I think your argument is a little overboard. Russia isn't talking about nuking anyone. That would be stupid. Russia would get utterly destroyed. Russia isn't the mighty superpower it once was, and one of Putin's goals seems to be returning Russia to that power.

I also really liked what Gage had to say about north korea. Check out his posts.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Lol Nick, you can't compare Putin to Kim Jong Il.
Kim Jong Il is a man that barely knows what it means to run a country and solely bent on power ( hence his extravagant spending on nuclear warheads) despite the suffering of the people of N.K.
Putin is much smarter and tactical in fact.
Although I disagree with what Putin is doing, that's only because I live in the U.S. and this push- and - shove charade between us and Russia won't lead to anything good down the long run.
However, I can understand why Putin is annexing Crimea .Putin ( former KGB) feels betrayed that after the former Soviet Union fell, Crimea remained part of Ukraine. Anyone in his shoes would feel and do the same.

Last edited:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Lol Nick, you can't compare Putin to Kim Jong Il.
Kim Jong Il is a man that barely knows what it means to run a country and solely bent on power ( hence his extravagant spending on nuclear warheads) despite the suffering of the people of N.K.
Putin is much smarter and tactical in fact.
Although I disagree with what Putin is doing, that's only because I live in the U.S. and this push- and - shove charade between us and Russia won't lead to anything good down the long run.
However, I can understand why Putin is annexing Crimea .Putin ( former KGB) feels betrayed that after the former Soviet Union fell, Crimea remained part of Ukraine. Anyone in his shoes would feel and do the same.

I was talking about his son, Kim Jong Un. I do agree Putin is much smarter, but this would be just like Britain deciding they want the 13 colonies back and putting up all of this British propaganda and threatening us until we decide to join them.

Plus, after Russia acquires Crimea, they will see that Ukraine will easily give up land to avoid war against a superior military and eventually just take their whole country. Kind of like how early Americans saw that their guns overpowered the native's spears and bows and proceeded to take over all of their land.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
meant kim jong un* i get the two confused
they say apples don't fall too far from the tree but Kim Jong Un is worse than his father.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
unless i'm wrong, Crimea voted 95% for Russia to annex them ...

meh none of our business...
96,77 to be more precise[DOUBLEPOST=1395212783][/DOUBLEPOST]For those thinking that the people were made to vote this way, I was in Crimea two or three years ago.
And all the people I talked to said that "it would be great if Crimea ever got a chance to join Russia back".[DOUBLEPOST=1395213912][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, social packages in Ukraine were decreased by half.
Armed men freely enter local parliaments and prosecutor's office and tell them what to do.
About ten new MPs (some of whom are members of the "Free speech" parliamentary committee) entered Ukrainian 1st TV Channel head office and made the head editor to resign tonight.
All Russian TV channels were banned.
Russian language that used to be the second official language since forever is no longer official.
Don't know what that means? Imagine that Canada does the same in Quebec and jasmine MUST study and write and read ALL official documents in English.
Since the beginning of the year over 675.000 Ukrainians crossed Russian border.
I, personally, had to help a few Ukrainians from other parts of Ukraine to find their way in Moscow during the last couple of weeks, and those people are, in fact, refugees.

Seriously, is there a single member in the whole Krew who has ever been to Ukraine?
Is there a singe member who knew that Crimea exists three months ago?
No? Then stop making statements based on mass media :poop:
You sound as ridiculous as I would if I was speaking about American government's policy on relations with Puerto Rico.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Seriously, is there a single member in the whole Krew who has ever been to Ukraine?
No?
I've known about Crimea since grade school and have several friends living in/who have been to Ukraine. The whole thing is a bit unnerving to me because Romania shares 2 borders with Ukraine.

Did the people vote? It seems so, so that's their business.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Moldova has this little breakaway region known as Transnistria with a large Russian population and some old, but very large Soviet weapons stockpiles. A few years back they voted 97% in favor of splitting from Moldova and joining Russia. According to Putin's logic, this would give him the right to waltz in annex it to Russia. Now the Moldovans are wondering, "are we next?"

And why on earth do I see people referring to Ukraine as "the Ukraine" or Crimea as "the Crimea"? Haven't seen it here but I have over at other places and it sounds really strange.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Just let time do it's business and we'll see what happens. There's nothing I can do whilst 1000 miles away. Yes, I might not have heard of Crimea, but I am still allowed to show my sympathy for the victims of the situation regardless. Whilst people who have never been to the Ukraine like me are shouting knives at Russia, and the Russians standing up for their people in Crimea are defending it, only time will tell the outcome of this crisis.

Meanwhile, I have chosen to ignore the news here in the UK (e.g. BBC) as they are biased. I will now read world news sites (but still remain skeptical).

There are always two sides to a story. So I say stand back and consider them both. You can't argue about things you don't know.

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
96,77 to be more precise[DOUBLEPOST=1395212783][/DOUBLEPOST]For those thinking that the people were made to vote this way, I was in Crimea two or three years ago.
And all the people I talked to said that "it would be great if Crimea ever got a chance to join Russia back".[DOUBLEPOST=1395213912][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, social packages in Ukraine were decreased by half.
Armed men freely enter local parliaments and prosecutor's office and tell them what to do.
About ten new MPs (some of whom are members of the "Free speech" parliamentary committee) entered Ukrainian 1st TV Channel head office and made the head editor to resign tonight.
All Russian TV channels were banned.
Russian language that used to be the second official language since forever is no longer official.
Don't know what that means? Imagine that Canada does the same in Quebec and jasmine MUST study and write and read ALL official documents in English.
Since the beginning of the year over 675.000 Ukrainians crossed Russian border.
I, personally, had to help a few Ukrainians from other parts of Ukraine to find their way in Moscow during the last couple of weeks, and those people are, in fact, refugees.

No? Then stop making statements based on mass media :poop:
You sound as ridiculous as I would if I was speaking about American government's policy on relations with Puerto Rico.

a&

hello guys
the Crimee I know a little, and for some years, I am very interested to quickly Sarmatian scythes etc... peoples living in the north of the Black Sea (IV century BC), which were then replaced by TURK peoples through gensiskhan and then the conquest Russian deal with various hordes populating the south of Russia and finally face to face with the Ottoman "Empire. not tell you about what happens to the property is on the southern flank of Russia.
I'm not intervened by altruism but only because of my big passion: "Stories of Turkish Mongolian peoples"
in my last post I tried to summarize a little too fast I'm sorry, but I still say that we do not keeps spreading the march of history.

international legality is subjective force is the law
we are descended from the tree, but we are never out of the jungle

Top Bottom