Ukraine

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Make love not war.
But if you have to make war, make sure to make time to make love inbetween.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
VsLxkOMRjQg.jpg

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
russia wants to protect ethnic russians in a chaotic state, i dont see how that is so damn controversial? wouldnt any goverment do exactly the same? also, these troops were there even before this revolution, so dont make this look like some all out armageddon invasion. also there are a dozen contries pissing in this pool that dont even have any ethnic minority there.
also lets not forget that Kiev does not speak for the entire contry, just because protesters in Kiev storm the goverment doesnt mean the rest of the contry is pleased with it (especially the eastern parts)
sure there is probably a hidden agenda behind it, but then again when is there not in todays politics.
also, if ukraine really think they are better of in the EU they are very wrong.

althou i dont support russian actions in krim its kinda understandable what the russians did. and if the media wouldnt get all horny about it things probably would go so much more smoothly. the media is the biggest warmonger of this century!

but obama coming out now saying this is violation of international law is utterly ridiculous, given the fact that there has been not a single contry violating more international laws then the U.S. and all the exeptions it makes for its allies, but as soon as ANYTHING or ANYONE is anti-russian, U.S and especially wester media is gonna be there to support it, even if they cant find anything better then a attentionwhore shoving a chicken up her pussy.

this cold war politics have to stop. and as a german i am most pissed at Angela Merkel, ever since she took office germany pretty much copies the U.S foreign policies and dragged relations with russia in the dirt. wich is utter bullshit and not the least in europes or germanys interest.
ex-president schröder did so much to actully do something productive like construct gas pipelines who benefit all and russian-german relations where very good and non of this cold war hangover bs was there. now its all to shit again.
thank god schröder now works for gazprom and keeps his buddy putin close, othervice who knows where we would be today. that bitch needs to GTFO of office.

bottomline: i hope the world can drop the bs and i hope ukraine gets rid of its corruption. i really hope stuff works out, was in kiev some years ago at the very place these demonstrations were, and it is unreconizable.
[DOUBLEPOST=1394352959][/DOUBLEPOST]
russia wants to protect ethnic russians in a chaotic state, i dont see how that is so damn controversial? wouldnt any goverment do exactly the same? also, these troops were there even before this revolution, so dont make this look like some all out armageddon invasion. also there are a dozen contries pissing in this pool that dont even have any ethnic minority there.
also lets not forget that Kiev does not speak for the entire contry, just because protesters in Kiev storm the goverment doesnt mean the rest of the contry is pleased with it (especially the eastern parts)
sure there is probably a hidden agenda behind it, but then again when is there not in todays politics.
also, if ukraine really think they are better of in the EU they are very wrong.

althou i dont support russian actions in krim its kinda understandable what the russians did. and if the media wouldnt get all horny about it things probably would go so much more smoothly. the media is the biggest warmonger of this century!

but obama coming out now saying this is violation of international law is utterly ridiculous, given the fact that there has been not a single contry violating more international laws then the U.S. and all the exeptions it makes for its allies, but as soon as ANYTHING or ANYONE is anti-russian, U.S and especially wester media is gonna be there to support it, even if they cant find anything better then a attentionwhore shoving a chicken up her pussy.

this cold war politics have to stop. and as a german i am most pissed at Angela Merkel, ever since she took office germany pretty much copies the U.S foreign policies and dragged relations with russia in the dirt. wich is utter bullshit and not the least in europes or germanys interest.
ex-president schröder did so much to actully do something productive like construct gas pipelines who benefit all and russian-german relations where very good and non of this cold war hangover bs was there. now its all to shit again.
thank god schröder now works for gazprom and keeps his buddy putin close, othervice who knows where we would be today. that bitch needs to GTFO of office.

bottomline: i hope the world can drop the bs and i hope ukraine gets rid of its corruption. i really hope stuff works out, was in kiev some years ago at the very place these demonstrations were, and it is unreconizable.

I agree with you on principle (media)
but be aware that we are all corrupted by the power of the media that he is a real growing radicalization of stakeholders in the armed conflict[DOUBLEPOST=1394356408][/DOUBLEPOST]
06-HADDAD_2014-02-19-2514.jpg

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I have been holding my tongue. But seriously...... whole world is telling Russia to stop annexing countries.

Here is a good article on the USA's actions: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/14/us-foreign-policy-crimea-obama-response

The UN vote kinda says it all. Completely legit UN resolution vetoed by Russia.

Putin's actions are seeming very similar to prewar german actions......

And before anyone says it... Ukraine isn't something the USA can deal with right now. The USA didn't (or shouldn't have) had plans to involve itself with Ukraine. USA has enough on its plate. Especially since elections are coming up. The Obama administration, im thinking, didn't want anything to do with this shit.

And please. Get out of here with that protecting ethnic russians bullshit. Russia isn't working with Ukraine. Russia isn't working with the UN. Russia doesn't want UN monitors involved. And when I say russia, I guess I'm really referring to russian oligarchs and putin.

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Guess so.
Over 82% of people had cast ballots, about 96% voted for joining Russia.
And that with only 58% of ethnic Russians, 25% of UKRAINIANS and 12% Tatars.
I've seen people taking Ukraininan symbols down from numerous government buildings..[DOUBLEPOST=1395076687][/DOUBLEPOST]@TheDude
Russian veto was as legit as the resolution and all 13 countries voting for it knew what would happen even before drafting it.

Why not let Ukraine decide? Because why not let Serbia decide on Kosovo? Or because why not let Crimea decide for itself. 96% is not 51%.
On a serious note, it's obvious that everyone is playing chess. I don't understand why you get so mad over nothing. I doubt you've ever heard of Crimea in your whole life except for the last couple of months.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
I have been holding my tongue. But seriously...... whole world is telling Russia to stop annexing countries.

Here is a good article on the USA's actions: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/14/us-foreign-policy-crimea-obama-response

The UN vote kinda says it all. Completely legit UN resolution vetoed by Russia.

Why not just give it a year and let Ukraine decide for itself what it wants to do?

un resolution, yeah a resolution to not have a vote, genius resolution... isntead of boycotting the vote they could have sent obsevers to make sure everything is legit????

a vote can never be wrong IMO

why the hell would you be against a vote?

crimeans seem to be happy.

@MikeK so russia has accepted them into russia yet, havent found any accurate news stating facts

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Because crimea is part of Ukraine, and it could be done through ukraine.......

They are trying to send observers. putin says No!

Oh but I'm sure it's a conspiracy led by the USA and all the rest of the UN....

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
In a real democracy, if crimea wants its independence, it gets it. Ukraine would allow that if a good government was set up... instead of grand military forces descending upon the area.

How can you say any of that shit is legit?|

Who are they protecting?

This is as bad as that stupid "weapons of mass destruction" bullshit during the bush administration.

Except in that case, I, among many of my friends, and thousands of people nationwide, came to the streets protesting. Bush administration was horrible. I hope this putin bullshit goes away before it gets like that, if it isn't already like that.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
yeah, im sure the ukrainienb goverment would have been very eager to give crimea to russia if they had only waited...NOT
also, noone tried to sent observers, they called it illigal and that was the end of it. froim what i heard they ever invitet observerse but they refused to come, sdaying that only the ukrainien goverment had the right to invite them.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
It's not about whether Ukraine government would have wanted to.... a legit government couldn't have said no....

if 95% of of crimea wants to join russia, let them. Just not while they have a gun pointed to their heads.

Russia is making a clear point... "we're going to take this shit... and you're not going to do anything about it"

It has nothing to do with what the crimeans want. It has nothing to do with what the rest of the world wants except to spite them. It's about what putin and his cronies want.

And it's not about the Ukraine government waiting.... it's about the Ukraine government being set up and established before russia runs in and starts stealing territory. Government isn't even worked out yet!

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
a legit goverment, they stormed the goverment and seized power lol, not that i support yanukovich. but if i lived in crimea i wouldnt put any trust in the current goverment neither.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
So your solution is to have russia come in under the bullshit guise of humanitarianism and scoop up what it can???

Your solution still doesn't help ukraine! Doesn't help the crimeans.

It's not about waiting, it's about getting shit done, which takes time. And the USA and Russia and the rest of the world digging their money-hungry fingers into the situation doesn't help AT ALL.

Russia on one hand says "yea let's let Crimea decide what it wants for itself" and then on the other hand uses military force to ensure the outcome it wants, while also denying Ukraine the right to decide what it wants for itself.. while ALSO vetoing a unanimous vote by the UN? Come on. That's not democracy....

The shit was an oligarchy. There is no democratic process. Not in reality. The only thing that happens in goveremnts like that is regime change, usually precipitated by protest and revolution.

The BEST thing that could have happened to Ukraine did.... goodbye yanukovich. Now they're in an antebellum period of sorts.... Russia getting involved militarily pretty much ensured the failure of any democratic government being established.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
In a real democracy, in a real democracy, yeah. not in a country where armed men enter prosecutor's office, slap him in the face twice, laugh at him and go away. and the very next day they burst into some local parliament and tell all deputies supporting Yanukovich's party to gtfo. (not that I support Yanukovich)
if crimea wants its independence, it gets it. it wanted it, it got it
Ukraine would allow that that makes no sense. you can't tell what ukrainan politicians would have done.
if a good government was set up... ha ha ha ha. it would take ages. Also, good and democratic Canadian, Spanish and German Gvmts don't let Quebec, Catalonia and Bavaria do anything.
instead of grand military forces descending upon the area. they didn't affect the referendum by any means, at least no one was killed, unlike in other eastern regions

How can you say any of that shit is legit?| the only shit that is technically legit, is Yanukovich. How can you say that the government seized by peaceful protesters (who seized hunders if firearms, if not thousands)

Who are they protecting? peaceful people. from "peaceful" protesters armed with police rifles

This is as bad as that stupid "weapons of mass destruction" bullshit during the bush administration. My nose is not as long as yours, I don't care.

Except in that case, I, among many of my friends, and thousands of people nationwide, came to the streets protesting. Bush administration was horrible. I hope this putin bullshit goes away before it gets like that, if it isn't already like that. it aint gonna change anything, but you can try and use incendiary mixtures against your police, like "peaceful" ukrainians did. and let's see what your police do with you.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
In the USA if that many people protested, something would change.

We wouldn't have to resort to revolution.

In fact, if you want to talk to your congressperson here, you can. All you have to do is request a visit.

Russia is scooping up territory here. Not protecting people.

I was at the gym yesterday and NBC news was talking about the Ukraine issue, and I was so infuriated by the lack of good journalism that I smacked the screen and yelled and attracted the attention of people around me, who were appalled, which made me appalled.

However, there are smart people here in America discussing the issue. And they are definitely not on Putin's side.

Top Bottom