Recently watched movies

Lonsense

#Nonsense
Former Krew Member
Recently.... hm...

We're the Millers, Pain and Gain, Iron Man 3, Oblivion.

Yea, i'm behind lol

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Thanks Damage, I haven't seen Oblivion yet but Brian watched it and said it was pretty good, so now Moon is on my list to get next ;)

P.S. Got any other suggestions like these two movies, I'm really in to syfy movies too and also, have you seen Jack Reacher?, heard it was pretty good too and probably going to watch that one next weekend...

Moon is relly good! Jack Reacher was solid, Tom Cruise did a good job and yeah it was quite entertaining.
If you like Sci-Fi, watch the Star Trek Movies :D And Serenity of course :p

I watched all X-men Movies this weekend (got a lot of time being sick) includind X-Men Origins: Wolverine. And I watched Serenity again (after I had seen Firefly, god I loved it!). Really good movie as well!

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah unless the real book is different than from the audiobooks you may wanna wait until book 9 (One Shot), I am on book 10 now (The Hard Way) and from all that I have listened to so far One Shot is the book that this movie is based on, Brian also watched it more than once and said the same thing.

And about IMAX, I'm not even sure my closest big city has IMAX so that may be a no go for me, but I'll check out Gravity for sure, sounds pretty awesome.

Your other suggestions, the only ones I haven't seen yet is Attack of the planet of apes and Looper, I'll check those out too for sure, thanks man! ;)

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
i started watching moon a while ago and it was kinda slow at first and i hate the main actor but if its worth it i should finish it, and those sci fi movies are all great also watched a movie called Jug Face about these fucked rednecks who believe in an evil spirit living in this pit and the main girl has sex with her brother within the first fucking like 10 minutes, its a fucked movie but kinda good anyway

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Watched 'Gravity' last night in IMAX 3D. 1 word, epic! I'm not a huge fan of 3D movies, mainly because I wear glasses and the 3D glasses annoy me. But the small annoyance was worth it. I'm not exactly sure how the movie would look in a non-3D-IMAX TV. Either way, it's a good movie if space intrigues you.

Sandra Bullock looks great too!

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
probably not, im usually laughing at things nobody else is...i cant explain why it was funny without giving away the whole movie

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Gravity and Thor: The Dark World

Gravity was awesome! One of the few movies, where 3D pays off. Great atmosphere, great Sandra Bullock and visually brilliant! 9/10 Points

Thor: The Dark World was awesome, too. I even liked it more than the first part. Tom Hiddlestone gets a lot of screentime, I liked the story, it was funny and optically really good as well. I felt perfectly entertained . 9/10 Points.

Kacey

Epic Poodle
Former Krew Member
At least you made it through grown ups 2. I turned the first one off after 30 mins. Dreadful stuff.

I rented Oblivion in blu ray, wasn't too bad but not anything great or original, IMO. Nice visuals. Was hoping for Pacific rim but red box doesn't get it until Nov.

For those who liked Oblivion, check out the link. Many people Have said this movie is much better with a similar concept.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/?ref_=nv_sr_3

also rented Oblivion in blu-ray from Redbox but it wouldn't load. Like the initial Universal logo would spin then nothing. Also rented Star Trek Into Darkness, great action movie, really enjoyed it, would love to see a modern version of Next Generation as well.

Also watched I Am Legend, amazing movie. The Internship last night too, was good but most of the technical terms and stuff was completely inaccurate and very NCIS-esque. Great if you don't understand computers or coding or anything but it kinda takes away from it if you too. Regardless still a great comedy.

Oh and I watched the Social Network the other night. Also enjoyable, quite a few laughing moments and the technical stuff was actually accurate (even down to the linux terminal stuff) which was a pleasant surprise.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Went to the theaters on Friday night to watch Bad Grandpa. This movie is absolutely hilarious.
I also saw White House Down last night. I enjoyed it. A fairly long movie, 2 hours, but it goes by pretty fast. Quite a lot of CGI of course, cuz you can't really blow up the White House XD Good movie.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I watched 2 Guns the other night. Was better than i expected it to be. Not great, but not bad.

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
i wanna see bad grandpa, went to see the new thor movie tonight instead though and it was great but i'll fall for any movie with crazy looking shit in it like weird evil elfish things and magic and shit hehe

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Yesterday I watched Repo Men and Silver Linings Playbook. Both were very good. Jennifer Lawrence was really good too, but I think not worth the Oscar. She should have gotten it for Winter´s Bone instead.

TheLastBoyScout

Private First Class
just watched escape plan ....

movie was good ... i would recommend it...

also theres a movie called Big Ass Spider.... dont let the name fool you it was extremely well made with a good plot and funny actors ....

i def recommend it for anyone .... thus proving you dont need to fill a movie with nudity and swearing for it to be good...

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Gravity and Thor: The Dark World

Gravity was awesome! One of the few movies, where 3D pays off. Great atmosphere, great Sandra Bullock and visually brilliant! 9/10 Points

Thor: The Dark World was awesome, too. I even liked it more than the first part. Tom Hiddlestone gets a lot of screentime, I liked the story, it was funny and optically really good as well. I felt perfectly entertained . 9/10 Points.

I liked Thor: The Dark World as well. They add so many random awkward moments XD

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
YEp - caught Gravity on Sunday. Great movie - 1st one ive seen in 3D!!

Fekin price tho!! £11 a go!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Watching Pacific Rim now. As you can see by my being here i don't think too much of the movie. Pretty lame really.

Glad that's over. Even Transformers was better than that crap.

Last edited:

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Really? I liked Pacific Rim a lot more than Transformers. But everyone to his taste.
Last movie I saw was 3096 days, that movie about Natasha Kampusch (maybe someone here heard of her), the girl that was in captivity in a cellar for over 8 years in Austria.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Sounds a bit too dark for my tastes Jana ;(

Im a man of simple tastes when it comes to movies - lots of action, fast cars, death and destruction, and no real need to take brain any where close to out of neutral as far as plot mechanics go!:yummy:

Top Bottom