Sochi Olympics Thread

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
@MikeK ´s pics: :naughty:

@DamageINC
Yeah the luge was amazing and the woman´s ski jumping was great, too. Let´s see what this day will bring :)
Men´s Nordic Combined is on now.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
^ Saw that. Actually, this new system is BS. A team with one lucky random gold medal will have better position than another team with 10 silver/bronze.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Shaun is really really good. The guy from Japan did better on the pipe, but he didn't go for anything unique. Shaun did and fucked it up. Risk takers don't do well on a crappy half pipe.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Dude - he didnt have what was needed on the day - thats all. Plus hes long in the tooth! bad workman......

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
HOCKEY SPOILER - USA VS RUSSIA

Just finished watching team USA 'win' their game vs Russia in Men's hockey. Was a fantastic game but i really hate shootouts in any sport. It's just such an absurd way to determine a game, especially in hockey.

I though Russia outplayed team USA. They got screwed by a rule that applies to International comp. and had what would have been the game winning goal waved off. It was the correct call by the officials, but the rule is ridiculous and didn't affect the goal at all.

Great game, but kind of ruined a bit by the stupid shootout.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
HOCKEY SPOILER - USA VS RUSSIA

Just finished watching team USA 'win' their game vs Russia in Men's hockey. Was a fantastic game but i really hate shootouts in any sports. It's just such an absurd way to determine a game, especially in hockey.

I though Russia outplayed team USA , but they got screwed by a rule that applies to International comp. and had what would have been the game winning goal waved off. It was the correct call by the officials, but the rule is ridiculous and didn't affect the goal at all.

Great game, but kind of ruined a bit by the stupid shootout.

http://cs538416.vk.me/u2000049573/d...DgB_j3tuKnMuWl1LmteswKSouefhLOwsQiP0ClcJdCX0d

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Officials (one of them is American, btw) were close enough when this ^ happened.
They should have paused the game and placed the net back. Also, an intentional knock of the net = 2 min on the bench.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
That's IF they saw it off the pegs. If they did, it would have been stopped. And how long was the net off the pegs before the goal? It could have been seconds before. Plus, if the game was stopped, that means the play would have been reset to a faceoff. Team Russia would not have gotten off that same shot from the same location after a reset.

Ok, it seems the net was knocked off well before the goal was scored. In this case, it was an error by the officials. I don't think they purposely let play continue, it was just something they missed. Officials miss calls in every game.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well, it's the national sport isn't it? I'd hope they would kick ass. Just like America would kick ass in Basketball, baseball and football.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Germans didn´t get any medals in bobsleigh :eek: First Olympics without medals in 50 years in this discipline...
And we have a doping incident at the women´s biathlon :whyyyy:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Americans did great in bobsledding. I was pretty into that. The story about our lead sledder was pretty amazing.

Top Bottom