Sochi Olympics Thread

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
That russian ice skater was amazing...[DOUBLEPOST=1392105276,1392103235][/DOUBLEPOST]honest question....who the fuck Curls in real life ..like outside of the olympics? Do people actually do this regionally?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Was a fun night.

Men's moguls, won by the Canadian who won them four years ago. Was a nice story with his brother who has CP. I think the Canadians actually swept the event, not sure. I know two got medals.

The Dutch swept in 1500m speed skating. A set of twins got gold and silver i believe.

Another Canadian gold in short track speed skating.

Mancuso got bronze in the Women's supercombined , which was fun to watch. I like the downhill best.

Half pipe snowboarding tomm. I hope they got the halfpipe sorted out. The snow today was pretty bad. I don't anything about snow sports and even i could see how crappy it was.

I think curling is pretty big in Canada.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
I like Curling somehow, although i don´t really understand the rules XD
And I love Biathlon, it can be so intenese, when, let´s say, 5 people stand next to each other at the shooting and it is the last round and they all need to hit all five targets. And it´s amazing how they hold their breath and are calm after they ran so much. But I don´t have the hope, that the germans can finally get a medal there...they´re doing bad at this Olympic games.

Looking forward to women´s ski jumping because germany has chances to get a medal there. And of course women´s luge, currently 1st and 2nd after two runs.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
SPOILER TAGS! I won't be seeing Luge until later.

Germany only has two overall medals, but both are gold. Not too bad. I'm pretty sure it was a German skier who won the Women's supercombined that i watched earlier.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
That russian ice skater was amazing...[DOUBLEPOST=1392105276,1392103235][/DOUBLEPOST]honest question....who the fuck Curls in real life ..like outside of the olympics? Do people actually do this regionally?
Its big in Scotland!.... apparently!

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Was a fun night.
Men's moguls, won by the Canadian who won them four years ago. Was a nice story with his brother who has CP. I think the Canadians actually swept the event, not sure. I know two got medals.

The Dutch swept in 1500m speed skating. A set of twins got gold and silver i believe.
Mancuso got bronze in the Women's supercombined , which was fun to watch. I like the downhill best.

Our guy won bronze medal in moguls.
Dutch won all 3 medals, the twins won gold and bronze.
Downhill is just great! Slalom is too.
Look at these downhill skis. They are crazy
skis20.png

http://www.stockli.com/products/laser-dh

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Has anybody seen woman´s ski jumping yet?
Don´t want to spoil :D

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
No, snowboard and ski jump start in 6 hours for me. Thanks for not posting results! They do show them live here, but I like watching the Prime time show.

Lol @ Those Skis.

Speed = MAX.
Comfort=minimum.

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
yeah canadians actually do curl....its pretty boring though, watched a tiny bit of curling yesterday, cant believe they have 10 rounds, thats way too long

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
@Jana - POSSIBLE SPOILER. I'm 99% it isn't , since it's already aired, but better safe than sorry. It's about Luge.

Germany got gold and silver in the Luge. In fact, the winner had the biggest margin of victory in 32 years. Quite impressive. The USA got an unexpected Bronze.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Finishing up the half pipe snowboarding right now. How disappointing that the event is so affected by the crappy halfpipe. I don't know anything about snowboarding , but even i can tell they aren't getting much speed.

The only thing that should matter in these competitions is the rider. How they adjust and adapt to a crappy pipe shouldn't factor into who wins!

Many of the riders are blaming the IOC and FIS for contracting out to a cheaper company instead of using the best halfpipe makers. The high temps probably aren't helping either.

I'm kind of rooting for the Swiss rider over Shawn white. Not sure why, i should be rooting for Team USA. The Kid from Japan is pretty awesome too.

IOC is shameful.

Spoilers

That had me nervous. Waiting for scores. Before they come in, i think White should get silver. He made two small mistakes......

Gold for Yuri! Good judging, i thought he had the best and cleanest run. White didn't even make the podium... Can't help but think it was due to the shitty half pipe. Maybe not, i don't follow how he does in other events.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Seriously, start a new thread if you want to post pictures. I want to talk about the actual events and athletes. Maybe I'm the only one though?

@Jana - Germany with four golds now!

Top Bottom