My cod4 app wont launch!!!

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
ask somebody to send you their config and try pasting it insted of yours?

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
are u using the steam version or app store version of cod? From what I know, the app store version is much more compatible for mac then steam version.
But theres another way. Log out of "John Pardue" and log back in using Administrator. Open Cod4 once your in Administrator and it should open perfectly fine. Once your in, go to options and click "optimal system settings." Once thats done, you could either play using Administrator mode or log back in John Pardue and play there. All your apps will be there in Administrator mode but you will have to make a new profile for cod4 multiplayer.

the safe mode error wont come up when you log in Administrator and open cod4 because Administrator is completely separate partition.

there's no administrator option that i can see. Just my profile and one that says "Other". When i click on that one is asks me to type a username and password. I hate not nowing how to use my computer....and its a mac...im already getting spoonfed everything. :cry:

ask somebody to send you their config and try pasting it insted of yours?

Yea! If anyone is willing to share their config file for cod4 on mac (and the settings are medium or lower) I'd super appreciate it!

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I feel like getting a windows sometimes....then i realize i love pretty much everything about OSX. OSX for the win!

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
mac is easier to learn then windows IMO. I'm completely useless when it comes to pc but getting to know your mac and its options is pretty simple i think.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
apparently i cant find something as simple as the Administrator account XD

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Wally disliked my post!

What a whore!

He mad b/c i spent $1000 less :neener:

I'm sure MAC has some sort of program like teamviewer. Maybe someone can view your screen remotely and tinker with some fixes.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
theres one more thing you can try. Right click the Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer. app and click show package contents.
Then do contents > MacOS > and there should be a box that says "Exec Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer" Right click that and open it with Terminal. When the box comes up saying if you want to run it in safe mode, click no.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
mac is easier to learn then windows IMO. I'm completely useless when it comes to pc but getting to know your mac and its options is pretty simple i think.

because windows has 999235432 times more options :troll2:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and that's right. There's teamviewer for mac, install it and let somebody try and help you..

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Wally disliked my post!

What a whore!

He mad b/c i spent $1000 less :neener:

I'm sure MAC has some sort of program like teamviewer. Maybe someone can view your screen remotely and tinker with some fixes.

I spent $0 on my MBP and well, most of my other Apple stuff :K

King, I can Remote Desktop into your Mac on Tuesday. Day off tomorrow but its gonna be used for the Mrs. :D

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Windows has a similar weird crash if the folder permissions get screwed with, except a message box shows up telling you about bad permissions. Maybe you could try running cod4 from terminal as root (using sudo)?

Last edited:

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I spent $0 on my MBP and well, most of my other Apple stuff :K

King, I can Remote Desktop into your Mac on Tuesday. Day off tomorrow but its gonna be used for the Mrs. :D

Yea! If you'd look through my files and see whats wrong, i'd super appreciate it! But being tuesday, it'd have to be after like 5:30 or so CST. (school)
btw, I also spent $0 on my MBP :hm:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Yea! If you'd look through my files and see whats wrong, i'd super appreciate it! But being tuesday, it'd have to be after like 5:30 or so CST. (school)

let Wally fix it while you are at school...

He might change your wallpaper to some kitten photo, tho XD

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive

:hi5:

My laptop's HDD took a dump last night :tf:. I gotta order a new one :\

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I , too, spent 0$ on Apple.

i-think-this-is-a-cool-story-bro-but-let-me-call-my-buddy-whos-an-expert-on-cool-s.jpg

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Yeah. :\ I'm gonna open it up tomorrow and see if it's the same manufacturer as the one that I took out of the Mac mini.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
:(

Have you tried adding a new local user, installing Steam and installing cod4 on that local user account?

Top Bottom