My cod4 app wont launch!!!

Kyle

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Maybe the resolution is too big, but since you've played the game before it's unlikely. You may need to go into files to change it.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Did you try verifying your game cache yet?

All operating systems

Verify integrity of game cache
Load Steam
From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Source

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Did you try verifying your game cache yet?

All operating systems

Verify integrity of game cache
Load Steam
From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Source

I did exactly what you said and its still crashing. This is beyond frustrating. I have deleted and redownloaded the game twice, and i have tried literally everything anyone has suggested on this thread...it still refuses to work! A;LKDSJFPAOIEHJFAJERN;GFA

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
did u run it in safe mode already? If u did, it auto changes your resolution and bunch of other graphics/ commands. That could be the cause of your problems. Some of the commands / graphics resolution aren't compatible with mac so it keeps force quitting.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
try adding

+r_mode 800x600

to the command line (or whatever resolution of your choice) to change the resolution on launch.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Find your main config. file in your cod folder and tweak those. For example, once you open it, you'll see a bunch of /seta commands. In the command line of r_mode, delete what that line has already and type /seta r_mode "800x600"

Last edited:

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I cant find the folder! Can you tell me where to go with this? Thanks guys so far for tryin to help!
OOQOAoF.png

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
On the desktop of mac, click Go at the top, and click "go to folder...". Type ~/Library in the box and click go.
Open the "Application Support" folder then the Call of Duty folder. Config file should then be in the players folder or one of the folders there.

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Ok, i found the config file. but its a .cfg and i cant open it.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Might be a shot: Create a new local user, install cod4 on it and see if that works.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
are u using the steam version or app store version of cod? From what I know, the app store version is much more compatible for mac then steam version.
But theres another way. Log out of "John Pardue" and log back in using Administrator. Open Cod4 once your in Administrator and it should open perfectly fine. Once your in, go to options and click "optimal system settings." Once thats done, you could either play using Administrator mode or log back in John Pardue and play there. All your apps will be there in Administrator mode but you will have to make a new profile for cod4 multiplayer.

the safe mode error wont come up when you log in Administrator and open cod4 because Administrator is completely separate partition.

Last edited:
Top Bottom