MD Vote on Question 6 - Gay Marriage

VoX

Twat Hammer
Don't worry Houston can't be civil when it comes to opinions Nikon. Think someone beat him too hard or something. Knocked the patience out of him. Just like his brilliance in calling me a Christian when I'm just trying to state the definition of marriage needs a rework.

The two times i have Intro'd to the krew they told me to be nice, so I would hope the same thing would be about members.. The way you flamed there kinda reminds me of how I quit.. Just cause it was a flame at a Red Poster. anyways.. Just try to tone it down houston. From what i hear that's hard to do for a houston boy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

Do I like murderers and rapists? No. Do I accept them? Yes. Why? Because they are here for a reason. If there were no crime, there would be no such thing as good.

If there were no such thing as gay, there would be no straight people.

Ok, please tell me this is a joke? You just compared gays to murders.. As if being gay is the bad side of sexuality. Re-word it. Or you are trying to say murderers and rapists can't help who they are.

Last edited:

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Haha, "WOW" is all I have to say. Now I remember why I pulled out of this the first time.

Do you really think that because you are straight then you are better than gay people? You do not respect your fellow man, you do not accept other people's preferences, you do not truly accept your own religion until you can accept everyone around you and not say that they are sinners just because they do something you don't like.

I never even once implied such a thing. And you don't even know me so its quite foolish to make such assumptions about me. And please, don't try and tell me about Christian love. Loving someone doesn't mean agreeing with every single thing about them. And just because I disagree with one aspect of someone doesn't mean I hate them. When I wrote this post, I was in no way attempting to be a "holier than thou" so I'm not sure where you got that from. If you knew me you'd know that I am in no way a Holier than thou, they annoy me too.

@D. No I don't believe that people sit down and think, "Oh, I think I'd like to be gay!" But I also do not believe they were born that way.

Either everyone seriously misread my post or I lack skill at writing posts on such topics lol.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
If someone isn't born with attractions to the opposite sex, how else can it be explained? Once a person starts going through puberty , they are naturally attracted to one sex or the other. They don't decide it. It's just who they are. Just as most of us are naturally attracted to the opposite sex, gay people are attracted to the same sex. It just makes that person who they are. Just like people enjoy different colors, types of music, food, art, etc etc. We see it and just like it. Not sure we can explain why, we just do.

I just have a problem with judging and condemning people based on that because some man made teachings dictate you do so. Not saying you do so. As you said to Nick, i don't know you well enough. I can only go on what i read here.

Some people may think i have issue with other believing in god etc. ( i dk ) I do not. I respect anyone's faith. It's when people use God and the bible to try and dictate , judge, condemn etc etc. Telling people they are sinners, are going to hell, need to beg god for forgiveness, quote the bible like it's the absolute last and final word on everything etc. I very strongly disagree with that sort of mentality.

Last edited:

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Don worry steel I'm not annoyed atyou or frustrated, I just don't like seeing things like this where people seem to be making sins out to be worse than others, I mean in that verse you posted it mentioned sexual immorality as well, you know that that is just as simple as having sex before marriage, so people that do that are just as 'bad' as homosexuals, also when whoever was comparing gays to murderers it was just a poor example on their part, its one of those things that can be again seen as placing more value on sins, yes murder is a sin, yes being gay is sin, so in terms of separating you from god neither one is worse, but you have to remember also that that means even smokers or people that swear are also as 'bad' as murderers.

Steel you said your parents are better Christians than you, and that's fine, id make the same claim, hell I wouldn't even say I'm a Christian to begin with, I just share th beliefs, one thing that my dad was struggling with as a minister was this issue, even though g marriage isn't legal yet, he was thinking "what should I do if a gay person wanted me to marry them" but what he realised is that for him to not marry people because they were gay wouldn't that mean he'd have to refuse to marry anyone that sins?

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Destroy this thread.

Think if you were in the other person's shoes, and if in that case, what you would believe.

In crap like this, we are all considered ignorant by the opposing party. Drop it.

For Christians, faith is evidence. For others, there is no evidence. Therefore, we all can agree to disagree.

Religion should only control aspects of ones that follow it, while others should be free to do what they want to, even if it goes against the beliefs of Christains, ect.

I'm being hypocritical for saying the following because I'm giving my input to this thread, but:

This is a gaming site, a gaming clan, and a gaming forum. People come here to have fun and get away from real life problems, no matter where they come from. People do not want to come here and see all of this.

#EndLateNightRant

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Holland was the first country in the world to legalize gay marriage on April 1st 2001.

VoX

Twat Hammer
Destroy this thread.

Think if you were in the other person's shoes, and if in that case, what you would believe.

In crap like this, we are all considered ignorant by the opposing party. Drop it.

For Christians, faith is evidence. For others, there is no evidence. Therefore, we all can agree to disagree.

Religion should only control aspects of ones that follow it, while others should be free to do what they want to, even if it goes against the beliefs of Christains, ect.

I'm being hypocritical for saying the following because I'm giving my input to this thread, but:

This is a gaming site, a gaming clan, and a gaming forum. People come here to have fun and get away from real life problems, no matter where they come from. People do not want to come here and see all of this.

#EndLateNightRant

You dont have to read the POLITICS thread.. Under politics not christian morality thread.. as a country, who gives a fuck what christians think is right or wrong.. its what is constitutional or not. If gay is something that is predetermined then we have to legalize 'Same Sex Marriage' cause of EQUALITY... Don't know why religion is constantly brought up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli
Here one of your founding fathers JOHN ADAMS SAYS IT.. first line in this treaty. JUST SHUT UP about your beliefs.. its a constitutional issue not a god damn moral/religious issue..

just saying. dont be dense about it

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Some people may think i have issue with other believing in god etc. ( i dk ) I do not. I respect anyone's faith. It's when people use God and the bible to try and dictate , judge, condemn etc etc. Telling people they are sinners, are going to hell, need to beg god for forgiveness, quote the bible like it's the absolute last and final word on everything etc. I very strongly disagree with that sort of mentality.

Exactly.

I am a christian but I do realize that the bible isn't the way I should live. None of it even relates to me. I should however build my life on the moral principles of the bible. I should be kind and live my life while helping others and making myself happy.

The bible was not written by God or Jesus. The bible was written by humans. And the humans that wrote it gave Christianity great morals and lessons. However, since this was written by people 2000 years ago, the people who wrote it gave Christianity BAD morals too. This is humans not wanting people to do what they feel isn't natural.

If we lived by 2000 year old principles than we wouldn't be able to choose our spouses, we'd be told what to do with our lives, and worst of all we'd be governed by the church.

Also, some of the bible's teachings are complete BS.

Noah built an ark because there would be a big flood and took every species of animal on there with him? Really? So this guy, Noah, traveled around the world gathering every single species of animal(even the ones indigenous to the Americas, which weren't discovered until the 1400s, 1400 years after the bible was written). He then gathered 40 days of food and water for every single species, including humans. And it also says this giant boat was built out of the lumber from his house? WTF. Who has enough lumber in their house to build a boat that can hold millions of species of animals and separate them well enough for them not to kill each other?

And then we have Adam and Eve. God is this great, forgiving being so he bans all future humans from entering a garden where all necessities of life are? He then turns animals against animals and condemns all future humans with "original sin" which will not be forgiven until a priest pours water on you. Yes, this makes God look like a very forgiving being.

Keep in mind that I am a Christian. I just don't believe in some of the BS stories and morals we have.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
If someone isn't born with attractions to the opposite sex, how else can it be explained? Once a person starts going through puberty , they are naturally attracted to one sex or the other. They don't decide it. It's just who they are. Just as most of us are naturally attracted to the opposite sex, gay people are attracted to the same sex. It just makes that person who they are. Just like people enjoy different colors, types of music, food, art, etc etc. We see it and just like it. Not sure we can explain why, we just do.

I just have a problem with judging and condemning people based on that because some man made teachings dictate you do so. Not saying you do so. As you said to Nick, i don't know you well enough. I can only go on what i read here.

It's actually a lot more complex than someone just starts becoming attracted to the opposite sex (or the same sex).
And there are lots of studies on this.

And I find it hard to believe that even if you haven't read any of these studies, that in this day and age any intelligent human being wouldn't just ASSUME they exist.

And they do.

And there's genetic evidence for the roots of homosexuality.

So idk wtf you are going on about saving people from being gay, Jack. It is kind of preposterous.

- - - Updated - - -

Destroy this thread.

#EndLateNightRant

You do understand that no one is infringing on the rights of the religious, right?

However, from what I see here, there seems to be a general desire by the religious population to actually force their beliefs on to gay people.
And it does make gay people feel bad.
And gay people growing up in religious families have killed themselves for just that reason.

It's not both sides are considered ignorant. It's quite a bit more complex than that.

- - - Updated - - -

What is strange about what jack is staying is how ironic it is.

He is saying basically that we need to help gay people not be gay because they are hurting the world and themselves.

When in fact, the truth is that we need to help people with beliefs like that be more accepting and loving, because having views like that is quite detrimental to people and society.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Everybody, just watch Prayers for Bobby. And you'll all see how good the christian faith is at 'not forcing' their beliefs on others.
What TheDude just said remembered me of this movie and it really touched me. I hope it especially touches the christians out there,
so they don't poke their noses around with their faith where they don't belong.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Freeze,
I don't think anyone on this thread would deny that tons of "Christians" today are way to aggressive with their beliefs. My personal belief is that there needs to be a revival/clean-up within the Church that reteaches the true, essential beliefs of Christianity. Currently, people have no idea what being a true Christian is all about. I have been doing a lot of praying about this subject and what I've come down to is the simple phrase: "Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin."

Yes, I do believe that homosexuality is a sin. However, I am NOT going to go about preaching fire and brimstone on any homosexuals. Just like with almost any other sin, the sinner needs to be embraced with love instead of hatred and condemnation. That is the thing that most Christians don't get. Love and compassion is just as, if not more important than sternness and justice.

I believe that gay marriage should be allowed, despite my views on the actual action. It is not about the action right now, it's about the laws of the country. This country has set precedents that make outlawing gay marriage to be absolutely contradictory to the standards of the country. Equality is exactly what America needs, because right now, homosexuals are, in my mind, less of citizens because they are not allowed to marry (I do not consider them to be that way, I see them for their situation under the current laws).

Just legalize it already. Stupid American government...

Also, the correct word is "reminded" not "remembered" :K

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Freeze,
I don't think anyone on this thread would deny that tons of "Christians" today are way to aggressive with their beliefs. My personal belief is that there needs to be a revival/clean-up within the Church that reteaches the true, essential beliefs of Christianity. Currently, people have no idea what being a true Christian is all about. I have been doing a lot of praying about this subject and what I've come down to is the simple phrase: "Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin."

Yes, I do believe that homosexuality is a sin. However, I am NOT going to go about preaching fire and brimstone on any homosexuals. Just like with almost any other sin, the sinner needs to be embraced with love instead of hatred and condemnation. That is the thing that most Christians don't get. Love and compassion is just as, if not more important than sternness and justice.

I believe that gay marriage should be allowed, despite my views on the actual action. It is not about the action right now, it's about the laws of the country. This country has set precedents that make outlawing gay marriage to be absolutely contradictory to the standards of the country. Equality is exactly what America needs, because right now, homosexuals are, in my mind, less of citizens because they are not allowed to marry (I do not consider them to be that way, I see them for their situation under the current laws).

Just legalize it already. Stupid American government...

Also, the correct word is "reminded" not "remembered" :K

This new pope is kickass so far. Hopefully this revival comes.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I know, right?

The guy seems to be getting back to the original meaning of the Faith. In past years, I've disagreed with the Catholic Church on many doctrines, but this guy looks as if he's got the right idea.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
So idk wtf you are going on about saving people from being gay, Jack. It is kind of preposterous.

i dont know what this is a response to, i didnt say people need saving from being gay, but whatever floats your boat if you read to far into something i did say, incase you havent noticed ive been defending homsexuality, you have obviously missunderstood what im saying, but im sure glad you think you can just state what you think i am saying based on your misinterpretation of what i have said.

to reiterate what i was saying, homosexuality is a sin, but being homosexual doesn't make you any worse than any other sinner, which means everybody. that clear enough?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
People aren't born as gays. That is a flat out lie to try and justify homosexuality and to enslave gays who want to stop into thinking they can't because that's "just the way they are". There is absolutely no proof for such a belief. God does not create imperfect things.

Sorry jack. You are totally right. It was Nikon who said this.

Don't know why I thought it was you.

Deepest apologies.

Nikon, this is preposterous! Treating gay people as if they are diseased and need to be cured. :smh:

VoX

Twat Hammer
Get this religious shit out of the politics section. Separation of church and state. Gtfo

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
I treat gay people like diseased people who are hurting the world? This is new even to me! So maybe I didn't write my post out very well because sometimes what I want to say gets goofed up between my brain and my keyboard. Once again, you don't know me so don't make such assumptions.

Separation of church and state? Do you even know the origin or context of this phrase? This has to be the most misused phrase in all of politics. It first appeared in a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists from Ct. to dispatch a rumor that a certain denomination was to become the state denomination. That beginning phrase in the 1st amendment was put in place to prevent two things! The establishment of a state controlled church "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" and to prevent the prohibition of practice of any religion. This was to address the problems that were present in so much of Europe. Separation of church and state does NOT mean that any religion cannot have any form of influence on the law. Its Ironic how this one phrase, used to assure people that their rights were safe, is now used as the biggest weapon against people of faith. (sorry for going a tad off topic there, Just pointing out that religion and politics can go together at times.)

And all of this back and forth religious bashing needs to end! It will just end in a divided Krew and locked topics.

#MiniRantOver

Lets look at this a different way. Since when has it been the government's right to redefine marriage? Why not create a civil union for gays that gives them all the legal benefits without getting into all this redefining stuff? That way, both parties are happy. Marriage does get meddled with, and the gay community gets what they want.

Top Bottom