[SOLVED] Unban me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MassNightmare

Resident Assassin and Ex-Member
There is no logical reason to unban at a later undecided date, it would just be a choice. If a vote is held, odds are that another argument like the one over gradalis will happen, and we do not want that.

IMO if less than 90% of votes are to unban at a later date, then it isn't worth it. Choosing to hack because you aren't good at a game is just pathetic. >.<
I'm not pathetic I just dont make great choices anyway I dont know what will happen but I'll accept whatever
punishment yall see fit.

JohnRyAn

|KKK|JohnRyAn
|K3| Member
yea I know Houston the other hackers also haven't got a second chance. I think in some situations I'm just too nice lol. So in retrospect I think that it is also not fair to lift the ban after 1 or two months because the other hackers also don't get this chance.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I don't think you are pathetic, either. I don't think we know enough about you to make that judgement, currently.

WaLLy, hacked. WaLLy is very much not pathetic. In fact, Wally is the most responsible, active, organized, magnanimous, and possibly the most productive one out of everyone here (on the site), and he seems to have a flourishing life outside of cod4, as well.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

What I am trying to say is, now that this guy has apologized, let's just treat it as business (and not so much a personal offense against us). He hacked on our servers. He got banned. That's how it goes. Maybe down the road lifting the ban could be considered, but for now I think it's not even worth thinkin' about doin' that.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

After that amount of time I might be persuaded to think that, given a second chance, he wouldn't dare break our rules again.

Grey_Fox

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I agree with TheDude. As unfortunate as it may be to have a fellow member be banned....a cool guy at that, there is really no excuse for it. The ban should stay in effect for Mass just like it would for any other hacker on our servers. In my mind, the only reason why anyone here is trying to rationalize an unban is because he is a member on the forums and a nice guy. Yes that makes it a harder decision to keep the ban permanant, but alas, that is how it goes.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
If he really wanted to play again, he could just buy a new copy of cod4 for $20 and play normally under a completely different name etc.

Now that I think about it, the consequences should be the same for all hackers.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
nyah.jpg

THIS IS HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW! SEE WHAT YOU DO NIGHTMARE!!!!!??....

Ok back to reality, I say a few months ban, and go ahead, keep him on the forums, It's just going to be real awkward from now on.

Kacey

Epic Poodle
Former Krew Member
I honestly don't know where to go with this. I hate hackers but you seemed like a nice guy.........
but what is to see that you don't hack again if we give you a second chance?

+1 vote for permanent ban stays.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
If he buys a new copy of the game and plays under the same name, we can't logically ban that guid.( unless he hacks on that one too -_-

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I say we ban him for a few months. Up to 6 months if necessary. Hes already learned his lesson, but I think a little scar would make it iron clad. He seems like a nice kid, which is why I felt a little bad for banning him, but at the end of the day, he hacked. BUT he did admit that he did hack, and he is remorseful. I think a few days or a week forum ban, and a few months ban off of all cod4 servers would be sufficient. Whether or not we let him on other game servers (we are supposed to be getting tf2 sooner or later) is up to you admin. Sorry kid, whats done is done. Thanks for at least admitting it and not making it too hard on yourself.

Miles

Private First Class
well mass, you were a great friend there. sad to see you getting banned, but it was your fault.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Well Mass the first time i played in server 1 with you i was going to ban you for a wallhack but stop due to a thread on the subject. Not being funny but you never did a very good job a hiding it. the way you looked around all the time and would watch someone throw the wall untill they cam in to veiw done you no favours at all and made it pretty clear to see what was going.

then after you killed me in the above way i replied in the in game chat with cheat (must have been about 10seconds after the kill) and seconds later you posted back a question of me?. That for me was the iceing on the cake.
when someone puts cheat or hacker in the in game chat people ask who not shout ME? Also this should have been a very clue as to the fact that if not everyone new about the hacks at least someone did and that you would be watched. maybe if you had of stopped there and then things could have been a little different. maybe a pm sent from an admin just letting you know that we saw it and if seen again that that would be it

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I don't think the ban is gonna be lifted.

No one said he was a great friend, but then this is also a cod4 sight, we don't need godfather-level people to get unbanned. Of course, I agree that the ban should stick. It's the obvious choice for practical, structural, moral, and logical reasons.

However, as he is already banned, I see no reason to harass him anymore. The purpose of banning them is to maintain our hack-free server, not to teach these kiddies a lesson. After they are banned, as long as they make no forum trouble, I see no reason to hate on them. We have already prevented them from being able to negatively affect KKK and they are already no longer allowed to play on our servers, which I think we can all agree are the best in cod4. People HATE being kicked permanently from our ffa server. It is 1 of a kind and a great environment.

Let's get on with our shit and let Mass get on with his. Maybe later we can come back to this. I mean the reasoning behind allowing for teh possiblility of unbanning him is simple. It's the same reason we ban people in the first place. We want a clean, fair server that the majority want to play on and that brings in the most traffic and makes th most people entertained. When we ban someone, it is because they interfere with that, not because we have a moral duty to fulfill. We are not parenting these people. All we need to ensure is a clean server. If at some point we can be sure that MassNightmare will never again hack or break rules on our server, there is no argument that would legitimize an opposition to that action. If he isn't going to break rules, why can't we let him back on..... because he needs to learn a lesson? That is not our job.

Certainly no unbanning now, but the flaming, pomp, and shit talk need to stop.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Agree with TD.

Even if he decides to buy a new game and he plays under the same name, Mass, you'll be immediately watched. It's just the nature of things. Whatever the choice you make, it'll have some consequences.

Stay clean man. It is that much more gratifying winning legit. A new gaming rig, practice and learning the methods of what the people that are consistently @ the #1 spot make you an overall better player. I tell you this because I'm living it.

Have a good one.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Dude, can't stress the gaming rig and little tricks. Go onto cod4 orums and promod sights. All the cheapest, gayest, "follow these directions and get kills" tricks SHOULD be there (never been to one) , or just hang around with us and ask us questions. I personally discovered switch shooting myself, and then i kinda posted it on this forum. Cent0 might have known about it, but he wasn't that active then. Slaya knows about it because promod players try to get every single advantage possible, no matter how simy, and they rationalize it so they can argue with anyone who disagrees. The rationalizations are of course illogical and I know for a fact that the poeopl wil realize this when they get older. But or now, they win. XD

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

In terms of gaming rig, I got a new mouse back when I had my old mac, and right away peopl started accuseing me of hacks.
Cod4 also doen't unr scmooht for me. There are games that do, however, and I can see how if you can run at high res and smooth, you could own, even if you were worse knowledged abotu thegame than your oponnent. Get a good rig!!!!! it'llbe worth it. CONSULT JOE FIRST, he'll get you the best deal so it's not like outdated and over spent in 2 years.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Maybe try playing WoW or just a different genre of games if your not very good at FPSs. No reason in torturing your self with fail

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Dude, i play borderlands and fear and dead space and minecraft. I mean, we don't hate you. YOu have certainly lost all oour cod4 server privs, becasause you were a cockmaster and a liar, but we (at least me) isn't so proud that I hate you know.

AVC

Banned
This guy is absolutely correct.

Houston, that is. He does suck! LOL
OK, not that bad.

But in all seriousness, and for future reference. If you do think a fellow player, that is a member, is hacking. And you feel you have a good rapport with them, then have a chat with them.

I don't think anyone here would have a problem with helping out a fellow member with some tips or some coaching if they are a noob player.

Now, I didn't really know this guy, so it's irrelevant to me, but if you see one of your friends doing what you think is hacking, let him know that we are here to help. Even our strongest players all started out as n00b. If a player puts their hand up and said "I'm a n00b, and I hack because of it", BEFORE they get caught and banned (and subsequently try to deny it), then the outcome might be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom