God bless the USA

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I agree with Drew. This country was founded on Christian principals and by Christian men, and the Bible is very clear on what is right and what is wrong. Homosexual marriage is against what the Bible teaches, therefore it is wrong.

That is just utter fucking nonsense. I suggest you go re-read the constitution and the part about FREEDOM. We aren't a nation governed by the Bible (at least we shouldn't be)

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
That is just utter fucking nonsense. I suggest you go re-read the constitution and the part about FREEDOM.

Care to explain how it is "utter fucking nonsense"? So I should have the freedom to go kill anyone I want? Or steal anything I want? Elaborate more on what you are trying to say because it doesn't make any sense thus far.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
again ..you are free to believe in who you want and what the rules are according to this entity..thats your business..who other ppl marry is their business and is a right every american deserves do they not? Why is it an attack on your religion when the ppl involved are not of your faith? or I am i missing something in the words "religious freedom" Why would you want to deny them these rights..there's no reason other than bigotry and forcing your belief system on an entire country..again religion should have no place in government,it was stated that way in the begining.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
nonsense ="against what the Bible teaches, therefore it is wrong.." Just because the book for your religion teaches you something doesn't mean it applies to every citizen of this nation. The Bible is not an absolute truth, it's a belief.

Last edited:

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
you dont need to be religious or whatever to know its wrong to kill someone or whatever so just because there are laws that are similar to what is said in the bible doesnt meant it came from it - well it can but it doesnt have to come from it

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
you dont need to be religious or whatever to know its wrong to kill someone or whatever so just because there are laws that are similar to what is said in the bible doesnt meant it came from it - well it can but it doesnt have to come from it

Indeed. I never understood that point of view. People knew not to kill one another before the Bible even existed.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't understand? I wasn't saying people DIDN'T get murdered in those times. I think you missed my point. It doesn't matter anyways. We all have our opinions.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
To the people saying, homosexuality is a sin because the bible says so: The bible also says, that you can sell your daughter into slavery (Exodus), that people who work on sabbath shall be put to death (Exodus), that you shall be stoned if you plant different crops side by side. I think Deuteronomy says, that you´re not allowed to eat pork meat. No one really cares about all that stuff. But when it comes to homosexuality, people say: But the bible says...!

Just sayin´..

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Who cares how the country was founded? People didn't even brush their teeth back then. I don't understand how you could believe them (and even much older stories) over 21st century fact.

Don't get me wrong you can believe anything you wish, just don't make others suffer from it.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Who cares how the country was founded? People didn't even brush their teeth back then. I don't understand how you could believe them (and even much older stories) over 21st century fact.

Don't get me wrong you can believe anything you wish, just don't make others suffer from it.
I think what the issue is, is when gay people want to get married in a church. I think it works both ways, both party need to respect each others beliefs. There shouldn't be any issues with someone wanting to get married outside of a church like at a chapel in Vegas or something.

People often look at the old testament in the bible, which is before Christ, life was very different back then so they made rules according to their life style. Take Moses for example, everyone thinks he was a saint, once they escaped Egypt Moses lead and army to concur the holy land(This is where the sinners where and God helped kill them all.) When Jesus came along some of these rules changed. Everyone had the right to live, hence the reason he let them kill him on the cross. God had sent down his messages through Jesus and his disciples.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Indeed. I never understood that point of view. People knew not to kill one another before the Bible even existed.

I don't know a single Christian that believes you need the Bible to be a good person. One of the major messages of the Bible is that man's goodness is never enough.

To the people saying, homosexuality is a sin because the bible says so: The bible also says, that you can sell your daughter into slavery (Exodus), that people who work on sabbath shall be put to death (Exodus), that you shall be stoned if you plant different crops side by side. I think Deuteronomy says, that you´re not allowed to eat pork meat. No one really cares about all that stuff. But when it comes to homosexuality, people say: But the bible says...!

Just sayin´..

#1 - Exodus 21:7, and the word used is servant, not slave. #2 - Exodus 31:15 #3 - Deuteronomy 22:9, and it says nothing about stoning. #4 - That would be Deuteronomy 14:8. One thing you left out, with every single one of those examples, in a verse before or at the beginning of the chapter, you will find that these were the rules for the Jews. Christ's death on the cross fulfilled the old covenant and brought in the new. Because of that, the old laws are no longer necessary. In the early church era, the apostle Paul preached against the Judiaising of the church, as some Jews were saying that new Christians had to also follow Mosaic law. (Galatians) So no, we don't follow the old testament laws, not because we choose to ignore them, but because they are now unnecessary. The argument you use is flawed, and unfortunately, quite commonly used.

Who cares? I do for one. First off, some of the major pillars this nation was founded on are freedom of belief, freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly. When gay groups decide to go on personal vendettas and bring law suites against bakers, photographers, caterers, other wedding vendors, and pizzerias (who on earth goes to a pizzeria for wedding catering anyways?) because they dislike they idea of going against their personal convictions, I have a problem with that. Pulling such shenanigans doesn't earn anyone's cause any respect in my book, quite the opposite actually. I'm not a jerk, I don't walk around and offend people on purpose, but If my beliefs offend someone, I really don't care. My first amendment rights are more important than anyone's eggshell feelings.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
What I'm also noticing is that people who are religious see marriage are a religious ceremony.
I don't know a single Christian that believes you need the Bible to be a good person. One of the major messages of the Bible is that man's goodness is never enough.

#1 - Exodus 21:7, and the word used is servant, not slave. #2 - Exodus 31:15 #3 - Deuteronomy 22:9, and it says nothing about stoning. #4 - That would be Deuteronomy 14:8. One thing you left out, with every single one of those examples, in a verse before or at the beginning of the chapter, you will find that these were the rules for the Jews. Christ's death on the cross fulfilled the old covenant and brought in the new. Because of that, the old laws are no longer necessary. In the early church era, the apostle Paul preached against the Judiaising of the church, as some Jews were saying that new Christians had to also follow Mosaic law. (Galatians) So no, we don't follow the old testament laws, not because we choose to ignore them, but because they are now unnecessary. The argument you use is flawed, and unfortunately, quite commonly used.

Who cares? I do for one. First off, some of the major pillars this nation was founded on are freedom of belief, freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly. When gay groups decide to go on personal vendettas and bring law suites against bakers, photographers, caterers, other wedding vendors, and pizzerias (who on earth goes to a pizzeria for wedding catering anyways?) because they dislike they idea of going against their personal convictions, I have a problem with that. Pulling such shenanigans doesn't earn anyone's cause any respect in my book, quite the opposite actually. I'm not a jerk, I don't walk around and offend people on purpose, but If my beliefs offend someone, I really don't care. My first amendment rights are more important than anyone's eggshell feelings.
Here's one most Christians seem to forget though

Luke 6:37
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;"

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
There is no commandment greater than these" (Mark 12:30-31)

Oh and this: http://www.religioustolerance.org/ashford01.htm

I´m out of this religious discussion now. Same sex-marriage is civil.

Last edited:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
@The Moment @SteelHorse

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

To say that America is a "Christian Nation" is to reject the constitution. Now, if you want to spew your hatred and lies, you're more than free to do so. But people like you are the reason I saw the BS that is Christianity. You use your religion as a cover for your hate, and your book as ammunition to oppress.

Now, if you want me to respect your beliefs, stop trying to govern ME, a non-believer, with them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom