God bless the USA

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
:ay:

It´s a shame that Germany and Austria still didn´t legalize it.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Although same-sex marriage has been allowed in all states, it is only a governmental union. Churches still have the right to refuse whomever just as they did before.

I don't agree with the Supreme Court's decision, but I cannot do anything to reverse it.

This is not something that I stand for and never will. If people want marriage equality, why can I not marry my cousin or sister? What's stopping people from doing that? As a Christian, I am willing to love those that do not agree with me, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I don't like this ruling and I don't think it should have happened, but it did and that's not going to change any time soon.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
If people want marriage equality, why can I not marry my cousin or sister? What's stopping people from doing that?

Common sense. And wanting to marry your sister has nothing to do with a (not related) homosexual couple that wants to marry. This is not incest.

I think (I can only speak for the queer community here in Austria), homosexual people just want to have the same rights as anyone else. It´s not a special right what they demand, it´s a human right. The governmental union or the civil marriage gives homosexuals finally the same rights as heterosexual married people. Here in Austria, only the registered partnership exists, which has many disadvantages.

I accept your opinion though. Live and let live.

Last edited:

Garycheese

The Bringer Of Cheese
|K3| Member
I hope to see more countries follow this, I fully support LGBT and hope that one day no matter where homosexual people are they can live equally and have the same rights as everyone else in which ever country, I hope this starts a snowball effect and we see more change world wide.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Common sense. And wanting to marry your sister has nothing to do with a (not related) homosexual couple that wants to marry.
This common sense also dictates that someone that wants to marry their sister or cousin would be entitled to the same rights. You give an inch, and they take a mile. Just because something is taboo today doesn't mean it's always going to be. Homosexuality got you killed only a few hundred years ago. Now it's commonplace. For all we know, people will eventually want to marry cousins, siblings, or even animals and be demanding equal rights.

I don't like this decision, but again, I can't change it.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Incest is illegal, Sodomy is illegal. Homosexuality isn´t. Do you really compare Sodomy to Homosexuality now?

Btw: Homosexuality still can get you killed in many countries.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Incest is illegal, Sodomy is illegal. Homosexuality isn´t. Do you really compare Sodomy to Homosexuality now?

Btw: Homosexuality still can get you killed in many countries.
I am comparing them. In Christianity, homosexuality is a sin. Sodomy is a sin. Incest is a sin. None is more heinous than another, but all are wrong. It's not a very far stretch to think that as society becomes more liberal with what is acceptable, things like sodomy and incest will become legal and acceptable. I try not condemn people for their actions, as that's not for me to do. I can only state that I don't agree with life choices of whatever person I may find.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
But you do know, that an animal can´t voice its consent in whatever you may do with it. While we´re at it...I should go to my best friend and propose to her cat, cause she´s really cute! She can´t answer me, but who cares.

I respect the believes of Christians. I really do. But there are many things, the Bible says are a sin. But it seems, that some Christians like to ignore that and just pick out the stuff that fits best to their opinion.

Anyways, I don´t think this discussion will lead to anything.
I just want to state, that I am happy for the LGBT people in the USA. I hope that some day, we´ll have the same laws in Germany and Austria.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I respect the believes of Christians. I really do. But there are many things, the Bible says are a sin. But it seems, that some Christians like to ignore that and just pick out the stuff that fits best to their opinion.
I will only address this statement then be done with this thread. Lots of the people you probably know of that are Christians are nominal, meaning they only take the name of Christianity to feel good about themselves. I'm not going to make any judgement on them, but true Christians should never pick and choose what they want to obey in the Bible. At the same time, Christians fight against a flawed nature, giving the appearance of hypocrisy.

/done unless anyone wants to PM me.

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
I do not understand people who oppose the aditional rights of other people. equal rights between individuals must be total. I'm not gay but it is abnormal that adults are excluded from certain rights only for their sexual orientation. And the allusion made about a marriage with his sister is really not to my liking. People want gay marries for the same reason that other people is formalized their love. And it seems to me that there are already churches that agree to do weddings for homosexuals. but I do not think this is what he asks (about Gay Christian church maybe)
@Moment you confused too quickly civil marriage and religious marriage. The religious factor should remain in the private sphere. And I would go even further if two siblings want marries and if they are adults I totally agree.
How this can harm me in my own choices about my own life...

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
hz26vUm.jpg

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Separation of church and state..... don't like gay marriage? don't marry a dude.. it's not like ten thousand gay guys are going to attack a church and force the priest to marry them..nope .. it's about human rights .. not religious anything

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
What is this free nation, governed by laws and a constitution, founded on the principals of equality for all, coming to when its citizens are freely allowed to be who they are?

No, no, we simply can't grant American citizens equal rights and equal treatment under the law.

Utterly absurd (to put it mildly) that people use their personal religious belief as justification for the denial of equal rights of others. Very sad.

Last edited:

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
I agree with Drew. This country was founded on Christian principals and by Christian men, and the Bible is very clear on what is right and what is wrong. Homosexual marriage is against what the Bible teaches, therefore it is wrong.

Separation of church and state..... don't like gay marriage? don't marry a dude.. it's not like ten thousand gay guys are going to attack a church and force the priest to marry them..nope .. it's about human rights .. not religious anything
If you are going to separate Church from State, then separate them, but that is not how the country was founded, and it isn't run that way today. No matter how hard you try to separate them you won't be able to do it. The Christian religion for now is very strong in our government. We still pray before many federal meetings are started, and all the buildings in D.C. have verses and Christian symbols all over them. So to want separation of church and state is going to be very hard to do, although it is happening, slowly, but it is happening.

Top Bottom