The Heli Issue Redeux

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
lets make super badass helis that can take 10 rpg shots, last for 10 minuits and have sick accuracy. lmao i can already see the butthurt people! pls DO IT!

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
+1 for the Storkster.

I called in 6 helis in a game on A1 and got 0 kills from them. They got shot down literally 4 seconds after entering the map.

IMO, helis should have more health. People like Chet and Terry that shoot at them as quick as possible make it useless to even call in a heli. Might as well just die right after a 5 killstreak to get an air strike sooner.
I find airstrikes rather useless compared to helis.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
i kinda like it the way it is..maybe a few more bullets but it makes for an all gun kill game,at least airstrikes have to be thought out..helis are just free kills

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Maybe half health so one rpg can take it down. No sense in giving it feather armor.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Looks like that's what they've got - p90 short burst - heli down! took down 3 just now lol - Id go with 1/2 health too @Kreubs

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
The helicopter has too little health, in my opinion, too. However, more helicopters get called in. I don't get stuck with a helicopter all game, making it impossible for me to get UAV or airstrikes. When the helicopter is that hard to kill (without losing the game), it is possibly better to just die after 6 kills, and not even earn a helicopter.

I have played games where no one shoots down the helicopter, still..... even with its low health. Its health is basically 0, by the way.And it stayed up or its whole life many a time.

We could try increasing its health to 700-900 and making it slightly more effective. I would say increase the amount of missiles it fires and such, as that would be cool lookin'.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
maxhealth has been changed from 1 to 650. Half of the original, 1300.
Further input?

edit: changes haven't been made to the config, so I'll need to do that whenever the server is empty.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Any other input on the change? As well as maybe changing the rage missiles, etc?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Helicopter health appears to be 1, again.[DOUBLEPOST=1391620278][/DOUBLEPOST]set scr_heli_maxhealth "650" <-------------- This could even be set a little higher. Maybe 750.

set scr_heli_target_spawnprotection "10" <---- let's give people more time after they spawn.

set scr_heli_target_recognition "0.5" <------- 50% of the target must be visible to engage it. Tired of helicopters "wallhacking" you? This is how to fix it.

THE TURRET!
set scr_heli_turretReloadTime "1.8" <------------- This is how long the heli takes before initiating turret spin up and fire. Default is 1.5. Let's increase to 1.8. This gives .3 more seconds to fight back.

set scr_heli_turretClipSize "50" <----------- This is a 25% increase in clip size for the helicopter. It will make the helicopter get more kills. I only added this to help balance out some of the other changes I have suggested.

set scr_heli_turret_engage_dist "1150" <---------- default is 1000. Again, the increase is to balance out the other settings.
*The MISSILES!!!! rawr*

It occurs to me that I've never actually been in a server where missiles really did anything. Once or twice I have been killed by my own helicopters missiles, at which time the killfeed showed an icon I have almost never seen. Since we are tweaking the heli, why not make it more intense sounding and looking, too?

set scr_heli_missile_regen_time "6" <------------- Shoots missiles every 6 seconds. Instead of 10.

set scr_heli_rage_missile "7" <---------------- Default is 5. Let's give the heli some more ammo.
set scr_heli_missile_rof "7" <---------------- Default is 5. I'm unsure of whether higher is faster or if the number is a time interval.

set scr_heli_missile_max "8" <-------------- Default is 3.

With these settings, we should have a helicopter that is better in the following ways:
1. It doesn't shoot you when you are behind cover as often. This allows you to hide from it and shoot at it.
2. It Shoots at slightly longer intervals. This gives you more time to fight back/find cover.
3. It shoots more missiles, more accurately. When is the last time you got shot by a missile? Exactly.
4. It is slightly more deadly. The turret can both shoot you at a longer distance and has 10 more bullets to shoot you with, per firing interval (which are further apart). It's not by much, but I thought this would help from nerfing the helicopter.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
well, since the thread was about reducing the helicopter health this is probably not going to be very popular here.

but here is my opinion:
i joked about a badass heli earlier, but playing with these new setting for a while and not having witnessed a single helikill, i think the helis got kinda lame.
so now im siriously suggesting a badass heli.
why? because you deserve it.
and because helis are badass, both the apache and especially the hind are completly bulletproof. now, i dont give a rats ass about realism in a game, but 1 ak clip, cmon. where is the challenge? i play games because i want a challenge. and a heli should be on some fucking dome 3 like endboss shit challange level!
and already now i miss the days of hunting helis with the rpg, even if i didnt do that all to often.

i dont even bother to call them in anymore. so this is how my ultimate heli would be like:

high accuracy
long spawnprotection
no wallhack
shitload of ammo
an assload off accurate missiles
and about 3 times the normal health, sth. between 4000 and 5000. !!!or lets go completly fucking armageddon, like 10000 :fy: !!!

to counter it a bit, would it be possible to give people 10k for shooting it down?

i know many here are going to be turned off by this idea, but think about it, ones u get your killstreak, u are rewarded. and it makes the entire game a bit more unforgiving, wich is fun in my opinion and has kinda been a trademark of our servers.
besides think off all the things people make you rage with:
-lmg corner camping
-martyr
-last stand
-tubing
-claying

lets piss back a bit with some bad ass helis:D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Went ahead and made the changes but changed some of the missiles:

scr_heli_missile_regen_time "5" <<<1 lesser second for missile action. it might get shot down before the 5 seconds anyway XD
set scr_heli_rage_missile "9" <<for the lulz :K
set scr_heli_missile_rof "7" <<lowered to 3, since it's a rate of fire, I presume. WE WANT MORE MISSILES!! :muahaha:
edit:
changes are in effect just yet. Gotta restart the server when its empty.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Went ahead and made the changes but changed some of the missiles:

scr_heli_missile_regen_time "5" <<<1 lesser second for missile action. it might get shot down before the 5 seconds anyway XD
set scr_heli_rage_missile "9" <<for the lulz :K
set scr_heli_missile_rof "7" <<lowered to 3, since it's a rate of fire, I presume. WE WANT MORE MISSILES!! :muahaha:
edit:
changes are in effect just yet. Gotta restart the server when its empty.

The RoF I'm not sure if Higher makes it fire faster, or if the number is a time settings, meaning a lower number would increase the fire rate. I noted that in my post.

The change to 650 health appears to take one full clip (3o bullets) of ak47, with stopping power. I'm not sure if the perks make a difference on helicopters. However, one full clip of Ak-47 is a shit ton of power. Don't get mad at the settings, get mad at how overpowered the Ak-47 is. The only reason I used that as a reference was because the Ak-47 easily overpowers the other assault rifles. M14 is the only one with a higher attack power, but it only has 20 bullets in its clip, and it's semi-auto (unless you got one of dem fancy "pro" binds).

I actually recommended that the health be a little higher than that... 750 or 900. This would force people to switch to pistol to finish the thing off, while those with RPG's would still be able to take it down with one hit.

Snipers still get screwed because they have to snipe down the heli, for instance. As do people using the Uzi or Scorpion at range.

Anyway... Thanks wally!

Top Bottom