The Heli Issue Redeux

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
to be honest i don't see the real issue anyways it could go both ways and make it harder for ppl to get a heli in,and then when they work hard for one only to get shot down in a few seconds..not worth the effort if by chance it fools with the server being "ranked" ..I have no clue if it would or not but that was mentioned in the article i was reading about it

Are you sure it messes with the rank? Our server already has modified settings. The run speed is higher than normal.. and no one complains about that. That setting has a drastic effect on gameplay. It is one of the reasons marty isn't a huge problem on our server (at reasonable server traffic volume)

I also agree with your thinking hibred, however I feel that the people who consistently get helis prevent the newbs from calling them in. The people who consistently win in server 1 are pros at calling in helis. They also earn them much faster. So if it's a little easier for people to kill the helis, I view it only as making it easier for everyone ELSE to call theirs in (there may be as many as 5 or 6 people with a helicopter in stock at the same time). I view it as making it harder for one dude with a little experience to run the server with killstreaks. I do see your logic though.

Also, consider that if there is a heli-assassin, such as YooooMooonnn in there, everyone's heli goes down in seconds. He's just that good at it. But what about the guy using a shotgun and bandolier?

I think we should try it, and if it sucks, just change it back.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
to be honest i don't see the real issue anyways it could go both ways and make it harder for ppl to get a heli in,and then when they work hard for one only to get shot down in a few seconds..not worth the effort if by chance it fools with the server being "ranked" ..I have no clue if it would or not but that was mentioned in the article i was reading about it
Doesn't require a mod so it'd still just be the same. Though I don't see a point in it, if you can't call one in, oh well, probably your fault. They aren't hard to hide from either. I usually don't even call mine in, and if I do its so that I have some time without someone else having one, I could care less if it gets kills.

Chopper settings are fine really, if you can't hide from it and need to shoot it down, make an effort, it shouldn't just be easy because you don't like the fact that the same guy managed to get 5 of em in a row and no one else got one in.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
if the same guy got 5 in a row with he current settings, he will do the same with less health for heli.

Also, playing with the missile settings would be cool and funny. How many times people actually get killed by the missile anyway? I have been killed by my own choppers missile maybe twice in the course of my entire cod4 gaming career.

More missles for the funnis plox.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
just a thought .....but I didn't think it was all about winning.... I hear what you guys are saying - if I get a heli once in a game im having a good day! But other peeps helis dont spoil the fun for me. I still say leave as is.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I think the health is far too low. The fact that my heli can be shot down within 15 seconds of me calling it in pisses me off. Normally I work hard for 7 killstreaks, but then 2 RPGs and the killstreak is gone without killing anyone.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
It doesn't really matter. Chet will always shoot my choppers down.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea moment but how hard is it for you to shoot down helis and also win the game. Seems like were offloading the duty to a select few people who sacrifice their games for our sakes.

Also, 2 rpg's in the middle of a game in a row is pretty hard to pull of without getting shot immediately afterwards.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I know there are some naysayers but I'd like to ask to give it a chance. We want to be different and stand out from the rest of the servers. This might be the little extra that can accompany our run speed :K

Worst case scenario, we can always put it back :)

I'd need to do some tests on S2, to make sure the changes stick after a map/server restart/rotates.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
i like the idea of lowlife helis, hate when i have to stand in some corner and spam the heli button just to get one of my helis out therer during a match:D with weak helis, one can still win without even calling them in. also more missiles sound fun.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
I know there are some naysayers but I'd like to ask to give it a chance. We want to be different and stand out from the rest of the servers. This might be the little extra that can accompany our run speed :K

Worst case scenario, we can always put it back :)

I'd need to do some tests on S2, to make sure the changes stick after a map/server restart/rotates.
dtays till server restart, Unless you just put it in server.cfg then itc'll stay, theres no preexisting command line for it so just add it in anywhere.

Last edited:

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
it will mean the scores will rely on an individual's skill rather than their ability to score loads of helicopters...

the scores at the end of each match will more accurately reflect this.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
@WaLLy
Now the Heli health is way too low in my opinion...just 3-4 shots of AK and it´s down XD

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Heli is so weak now and doesn't get you any kills. Might aswell make it nonexistent. On some servers as soon as you call the heli in, it leaves straight away. This would speed the process up.

I much prefer this weak heli to the normal one. Means I can get rid of my heli quicker and get another airstrike.

@WaLLy Maybe we should have a proper vote?

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
+1 for the Storkster.

I called in 6 helis in a game on A1 and got 0 kills from them. They got shot down literally 4 seconds after entering the map.

IMO, helis should have more health. People like Chet and Terry that shoot at them as quick as possible make it useless to even call in a heli. Might as well just die right after a 5 killstreak to get an air strike sooner.

Top Bottom