Arguments for and against Marty and Last Stand

PwnSauce

Banned
Ok, I get drama from people b/c I like Last Stand perk using my .50 Cal Desert Eagle.
I don't know. It's like, I'm getting even with whoever just shot me and I get a few seconds to take revenge.

I've gotten really good with LS b/c if you're in a busy spot you can take out 5-6 people before you die. (that's 25-30 points on a 5 point per kill server.)
People call it noobish but I would argue that juggernaut does the same thing; it lets you take a kill shot, live through it and continue fighting but you don't see people whining about juggernaut. (The white cross on red that pops up when you shoot someone using juggernaut.)

My argument against Marty is simple.
You couldn't outfight someone so at least you hope that you kill someone by automagically dropping a grenade.
That seems the real cop out. Couldn't win, hope for 5/10 points if they other guy isn't paying attention.

In the end, both are really easy to overcome:
- Marty: stay away from recently killed corpses.
- Last Stand: put an extra round into someone you're shooting at. (or get a clear killshot b/c that negates LS to begin with.)

thought this was worth debating b/c I fricken _love_ blasting people with my deagle after I'm supposed to be dead.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Lol good post Pwn, I see your points on using LS and Marty. I personally don't use either one but I do agree that Marty is a noob way of trying to kill someone, but with LS it actually takes skills to get kills with it.

Your points on how to avoid them are good, and is something I have done for quite some time now. I just do as you said when I make a kill and they fall, make SURE they are dead, lol. And for Marty, just keep your distance is my advice as well. ;)

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
we should use marty cause it aint our fault that the person who killed us camped there

ande LS is skill i cant even use it cause i always mess up

so bot hshould be used

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I for one think it takes great skill to whip out a nade, pull the pin and drop it after i have been hit in the chest or head with a few dozen rounds. I have a few classes that use marty simply because s1 is what i play 85% of the time and half the people there camp. Using marty is a very effective way to kill some camper hiding in a corner.

I always also complain about juggernaut. Hate that perk. I sneak up on someone rounding a corner and put a few rounds into them only too see them saved by the juggernaut and scamper on around the corner or turn around and shoot me. Juggernaut is especially frustrating when using silenced weapons.

I have used last stand a few times, and don't really think it takes much skill at all to point ur pistol at someone from close range and shoot them. Alot of times its not even the person that killed you but an unsuspecting player running up the stairs or something. It also costs me kills if i hit you from long range, you go into last stand and someone else comes and gets MY kill.

Dizaster

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
i personally dont have problems with either of em. I treat everyone as a possible martydom and for LS lol pretty much the only time i get killed by that is when they sneak it on me i advoid it 90% of the time if i notice in time. ALso as too Juggernaut it doesnt really bother me on a hc server they still drop fairly easy,

AVC

Banned
Hey, that's what's good about KKK servers, all perks allowed.

I tend to use Marty, coz it's great way to take out campers. I don't tend to use LS coz I like to get back into it straight away.

I get way more kills from Marty than I get killed from Marty. How? Easy. Every time I get a kill I reverse direction, if you have your sound turned up you can generally hear the nade drop anyway.

I don't really frown on either. LS is great for challenges, or headshots too. Some dude is lying there and you can finish them off with a nade (direct hit) or a HS.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
i only use marty on s1

helps to take out some of the spawn camper as well. if you dont camp you dont get killed by it because by the tim it gose off your gone so i dont see the problem with that.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Lol good post Pwn, I see your points on using LS and Marty. I personally don't use either one but I do agree that Marty is a noob way of trying to kill someone, but with LS it actually takes skills to get kills with it.

Your points on how to avoid them are good, and is something I have done for quite some time now. I just do as you said when I make a kill and they fall, make SURE they are dead, lol. And for Marty, just keep your distance is my advice as well. ;)
i beleive, Blu, that is was YOU AND DAMAGE who got me addicted to Marty. -.-

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
LOL cent, well I did use marty but it was months ago and I just felt that it was a cheap way to get a kill so I turned it off, now I use steady aim (depending on what I'm using) and that is way more effective for me ;)

honestjohnny

Master Sergeant
|K3| Legend
marty is fine but LS is a waste of time. if there is no one to shoot then u just sit there and wait to die. it just doesnt seem that effective to me. i would rather respawn and hunt some ppl down.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
LOL cent, well I did use marty but it was months ago and I just felt that it was a cheap way to get a kill so I turned it off, now I use steady aim (depending on what I'm using) and that is way more effective for me ;)
oh yeaa.
im in love with Steady aim too.

AVC

Banned
This actually connects in with the other topic about pwnage and having the right Class Load-out for the situation.
Normally for S1 I use marty. But that's when there are more than 25 players. After reading Blus post I played with my classes a bit. I found that if there are only 10 or 15 players Steady Aim was way more value than Marty.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
dude.
i am Marty Free now.
i too feel that marty is a cheap way to kill someone.
but wait, Pwnsauce, Aren't you the Martydom NoOB of the krew?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
i more LS but def not with a deagle, although powerful, i shoots slower and has a lower capacity than the m9 which shoots fast enough for me and holds alot of ammo

Top Bottom