Just a question

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I really wish religion and politics were out/banned (call it what you want) of/from the forum.

But noooooo, then I'd have peeps slapping me with "Freedom of Speech bitch! :slap:"

I wont go into what I believe and don't believe in.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
It seems more plausible than something came from nothing (Big Bang).

Maybe I don't know, but my solution seems more reasonable than something was created from nothing.
The science community never said the big bang had created the universe. It was the expansion of it.

As for Nikon and the fossils. I don't believe you understood the tectonic plates explanation. Before the plates had collided to create the mountains, they easily could have been part of the sea floor, and before they rose, sea creatures died and fossilized, and over billions of years they rose, with the oldest material remaining at the top of the mountain.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Religion & Politics are 2 very sensitive subjects.
When brought up people get butthurt and argue about it for days and weeks.

I don't believe in "God" but I don't dislike people who do. Atheists should respect theists and the other way around. We have all been influenced by people around us whether to believe or to not believe. I was taught not to believe and for that I am grateful. Teaching kids that they will go to hell unless they worship God? Not sure about all you guys but that strikes me as mental child abuse.
Religion shall not be forced upon anyone.

Every individual has the right to "Find their own way". To believe or not to believe.
Some people just have a hard time believing that there is a "God" (Including me).

There is more proof that the Earth is Billions of years old than 6000 years old.
There is more proof of Evolution than God.
Sure, maybe gravity hasn't been proven yet. But it still makes more sense to me than a big guy in the sky with a white beard.
Most of us got over Santa when we were kids. God seems to take a lot longer, even though they're very similar.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
God and Santa are in no way similar. Santa bought me a playstation AND a Scalextric when I was younger. Your move God...

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
Lol Wally.

Well i'm not going to argue with anyone, but I will say what I believe and don't believe.

I believe in God and that he died on a cross to pay for my sins and that He will return someday. In saying that I do my best to read His word (the NASB Bible) and have a personal relationship with Him (which in my heart I feel like I do). I do believe that the world was created by Him and that it is between 6-12 thousand years old. Many of you have stated that you think that this is crazy and only a person in an altered state of mind would believe this. Now as a christian the most important thing to believe in and hold true in your heart is in my first sentence. The evolution thing is a different subject. If you want to believe in evolution then do it. I know many christians that believe in God and that he used evolution to do things. Not my opinion but that is their theory just like my idea of the earths age is my theory. But there is something we cannot escape from this argument. We cannot without a shadow of doubt prove any of them actually happened this way or that way. And as far as people getting killed and christianity being a mass-murdering religion. This would be, if you believe this, easy to answer. The people that "murder" are not christians. In the ten commandments God says thou shalt not murder, He does not say thou shalt not kill. Many people will say that they are christians without even knowing what it means to be a christian. There were some missionaries to Ecuador that gave their lives to save a indian tribe that was very violent. The missionaries had guns and the power to kill the whole tribe (the indians only had spears) if they wanted to but they know that they were christians and they knew where they would be going after they died. The indians were not saved so they were not going to heaven at that point. So they put down their guns and allowed themselves to be killed. To me that is true love. One that I cannot say I posses but I do wish to posses. God said after the disciples asked what the greatest commandment was. He replied, To love the Lord your God with all your heart mind and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself. I try and keep this verse and God close to my heart even when I want to do the wrong thing and get mad about something, which i'm sure some of you have witnessed me doing the wrong thing just in the short time that y'all all have known me. And I believe the latest thing that I am learning is the true meaning of unconditional love. It is very hard for me to do sometimes because I am a sinner and my flesh wants to do the wrong thing all the time. It is only because I have God in my heart that anything good comes out of me. And without Him in me I would be lost. This is my personal opinion and I hope I did not offend anyone.

Last edited:

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Alrighty. From what I've gathered, no one has answered my second question yet.

How did the universe come into being?

WaLLy: If you want you can ban religion. I was just doing a little research.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
WaLLy: If you want you can ban religion. I was just doing a little research.

I'm not. Although it's a private forum, I can't go around banning certain subjects. I learned that the last time I wanted to get rid of politics from the forum :rolleyes:

I just know that the questions turn into debates, then arguments and on to bashing/insulting. Don't think I've ever been in a forum where anything politics/religion threads have been civil.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
This has been far more civil than I was expecting. Not an offense at anyone in particular, but I thought there were going to be some flare-ups. Although I don't agree with what has been mostly said, I can't discount it as a possibility.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I guess we're growing up.

Let's not ban anything from the forum, dood. It's a slippery slope.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Does the universe have to have begun ... ? Why must it have a beginning or an end? Could it not be perpetual?

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Does the universe have to have begun ... ? Why must it have a beginning or an end? Could it not be perpetual?

There are already a few scientific theories regarding this. Scientists have evidence that the universe is consistently expanding but it can't expand forever. These theories state that the universe will keep expanding and then collapse on itself and then expand again (big bang). It'll repeat this process forever. It also states that when the universe expands again, everything will be exactly as the same now. So its possible that we have lived more than once as the universe could've expanded and collapsed countless times already.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
There are already a few scientific theories regarding this. Scientists have evidence that the universe is consistently expanding but it can't expand forever. These theories state that the universe will keep expanding and then collapse on itself and then expand again (big bang). It'll repeat this process forever. It also states that when the universe expands again, everything will be exactly as the same now. So its possible that we have lived more than once as the universe could've expanded and collapsed countless times already.

That's interesting. I've never heard those theories. It goes along with the multi-verse theories.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Difficult for me to share any of my thoughts on this without offending people.
Just don't think any of these mythious people (god, jesus, etc) exist or have ever existed.
I THINK (caps for reasons) it's a made up by "high minded" people long ago that thought they needed some help in their minds.
I also think that is the main reason people believe in whatever now; once they get taught to believe by their parents, they feel like they can't do without it.
Which is already wrong and odd in my eyes, but as long as they keep it to theirselves, i don't see a problem. If only they would actually do that..

Just posted to see if theres any people on here that agree with me in any way, probably not, but could give it a shot.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
As the picture stated.

An educated person is a person who knows how much he doesn't know.

An uneducated person is a person who thinks he knows it all and thinks he has proof of "God" etc.

Being a Christian, I know many other Christians, and I have yet to meet one that claims to have a way, let's say, to repeatedly give physical evidence of God (if that is what you mean by proof), so I don't who that statement applies to. An example of two men, Christians, that I have met: one has a master's in nuclear engineering (he taught me algebra for a year and it was awesome) from Purdue University, which has one of the top ranked engineering programs in the world, and another who has a doctorate in physics from Georgia Tech. I have talked with them and have seen them put their skills to use and to even insinuate that these men are uneducated because of their belief in God is rather absurd. I am sure they have forgotten more about science than what you or I will probably ever learn. Believing in God doesn't mean you claim to have tangible evidence of His existence. That is where faith comes into the picture: believing in something you cannot see. You have faith that the big bang happened, no one was there to see it, and to date there is no way to re-create it in a laboratory or to prove it scientifically; there is no big bang algorithm, yet that is what many believe.

To quote The Moment:
My reasons for believing in Christianity/God in general:
1. Evidence found in nature. Read Thomas Aquinas before you respond to that. (Aka no Freud arguments)
2. Revelation found in my own life. It's impossible for that to be evidence to others, but I know it to be true.
3. The Bible is historically accurate. Pagan records coincide with Biblical events and the book is coherent over a long period of time with multiple authors.

I can entirely relate to #2. You may think we are in the loony bin, but unless you have faith that God exists and believe in him, you cannot, and will not, understand.

The way I see it, there are two sides. You can take it with a grain of salt; that's up to you, but this is how I see it.

If there is no God, the universe began with the big bang and along the course of history, humans evolve and at one point you are conceived through a natural process and eventually born into the world. The very "you" is tied to your brain and emotions are a result of stimulated brain activity. You learn as much as you can about the world around you as you grow. If you want, you try to be a good person and help others and help them help others to be good people. You choose a fun life to live the way you want, with no one or thing to ultimately decide for you what is right or what is wrong or condemn any of your actions. You live a long life with many accomplishments; people consider you a good person. You eventually die and your name lives on as long as your impact on the world was large. A very long time later, the universe begins to shrink until it returns to a pre-big bang-like state. Another big bang happens and the whole process starts all over again. A new universe expands to fill the void the previous one left behind. The previous universe is erased as it's materials are completely scattered and reorganized on a new, clean slate as if you, and nothing else, had ever existed.

But, if there is a God, the God of the Bible, God created the world in a fully working, perfect state, with a set of rules. Man was given the free choice of whether or not to obey. Man disobeyed, cursing him, breaking his once inherently good nature. Man was no longer allowed to be in the presence of God without paying a price, one he could not pay on his own, leaving him in need of a savior. And so begins the general course of human history. Eventually, at one point you are conceived through a natural process and the very "you" is created and tied to you, yet separate from your brain, this being your soul. You learn as much as you can about the world around you as you grow. You try to be a good person and help others because God commanded that you should do to others as you would have them do yo you. You live your life based on right and wrong put in place by a God who loves you and wants to keep you from harm. You live a long life with many accomplishments; people consider you a good person. You eventually die and your name lives on as long as your impact on the world was large. After death, you, your soul, go to a place to face God and give answers for the choices you made in your life with two possible outcomes. If you reject the payment made for you by God when he came to die for your sins on a cross, you will spend an eternity in a lake of fire, originally created for the devil - the first to disobey God, as your own payment. This is not because God wants to send you there, but because he is just and allows no exceptions to the rules, therefore a payment is required. On the other hand, if, in your life, you realized you could not make your own way to God and chose to accept the payment made for you, you will spend the rest of eternity with God.

Personally, I don't understand why people cannot stand the thought of the existence God, maybe the thought of the possibility of answering to someone for what they've done and that there may be consequences irks them?

I can't make anyone believe anything, I can only share what I believe, as Moment asked for this thread. What you believe is a choice that you, and you alone can make.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I'd rather believe that we have something to look forward too after death instead of..nothing. The thought that having good morals, just helping out other people, or living by the Book could get you into eternal paradise is enough for me.

Many people come to me and ask "Why are you just following your parents?", or "You don't have to be a Christian; you have the right to your own opinion!", but I'm 16. I've developed my spiritual views and stand by them That's the reason why I go to church on Sundays and Wednesday. Because I want to be there.

Forgot history, forget denominations, and remember Jesus. That's my view on things. It gives me something to look up to when I might not have someone on Earth to fill that void.

You don't have to believe anything to be my friend, and I will respect you and love you until death, I'll say that.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
A-QwluDCUAAZseB.jpg

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
Actually Rival, rats are genetically related to humans more than any other animal. That's why experiments are held on them a lot more than monkeys.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I'll have to look it up again, but I just found this project not all that long ago that found that even in the best case, human and chimp DNA is 60%-76% similar. Given the massive amount of information in DNA, that's a huge difference.

Top Bottom