Just a question

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Indeed they did, and boy would that have been awesome!
humanfootprint04.jpg

Where did you find this picture? Are you sure it isn't a snapshot from the 1954 Godzilla movie?

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
It's funny how these aren't even theories, tectonic plates have been proven to have taken certain "paths" in the past. Also natural selection and evolution experiments have been conducted with bacteria and the theory has been PROVEN.

We are making scientific discoveries every single day and eventually we will disprove every illogical statement in the bible.

It happened in the past when we found out that lightning wasn't god being angry at us and that we aren't created in god's special own way.

Christianity and religion can only grasp the unknown, and if all the unknown is known religion will hopefully fade away.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
I found it on google.

This all goes back to Moment's original question on whether or not you believe in the supernatural or not. Unless you believe in the presence of some form of higher power, this will all seem like a ton of baloney to you. I know I'm probably not going to change anyone minds on this board, I'm just posting a few problems I have with the theory of evolution and what I believe about the origin of the universe. There is too much natural order in the universe for it to have come across by chance. Just look at the complexity of one of the smallest things that all living organisms have; DNA.

Freeze, how can you claim to disprove all of the "illogical statements" in the Bible when you clearly don't even know it?

Last edited:

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Well Nikon we wouldn't have noticed if it went wrong right? There is a chance that shit is messing up in millions of different universes or at million different places in this universe?
But of course we only noticed as soon as we got created, it can go wrong an infinite amount of times until an intelligent life form is created or life at all.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I have seen so many people on here condemning hate, yet I see much hate in some responses this thread...

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
theres no hate. its just a heated argument among a few of the members

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
If calling someone f****** stupid for something they believe isn't hating, then I don't know what is.

Oh, I see how it is, no hating until someone disagrees with you.

Last edited:

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
yeah thats when this thread got all heated up.. I'm sure he was being rhetorical.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well that was one isolated comment. I wouldn't have used his words, but i don't disagree. The earth being 6,000 years old? That's a bit ridiculous.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Well that was one isolated comment. I wouldn't have used his words, but i don't disagree. The earth being 6,000 years old? That's a bit ridiculous.

Why? I see all of this "you are so wrong and dumb for believing that" stuff, yet no support for it?

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
This is where I take issue. Even using the term intelligent design ruins any form of reasonable discussion. Everything anybody responds with can simply be dismissed by the intelligent design statement. "How did the big bang happen?" ... "God made it" etc. etc. Doesn't really help anything. That is the equivalent of giving up on trying to understand or rationalize anything. This is the very reason intelligent design is not taught. There is nothing to teach. It is just a cop out.

Yes, all scientific 'facts' are merely well evidenced theories as well, but going this way in the argument just descends in to 'what is a fact?' There are no ultimate facts. Even what you can see, hear, touch, and taste is not a fact. It is just a generally accepted principle by all the cells in your brain that what you are seeing, hearing, touching or tasting is there. I accept religion as a faith or a belief, not as a theory. Religion cannot be proven, therefore cannot be a theory. Hence my problem with the main religious teachings/worship (see above).

On the question of "where did we come from?" Well, the latest data scientists are getting is increasingly backing the theory that the big bang is a cyclical event (universe expands/contracts to nothing and then all over again ...). Life on this planet may well be just a tiny chance of things meeting at exactly the right moment in the nth interation of this cycle. Just like a computer making 1 error in its billionth process. Which makes us awesomely special. Also, in a couple of years they will be able to re-run the Hadron Collider at higher energy levels, where they have narrowed the Higgs-Boson down to, and should be able to find it (they are very close!). This really will provide good evidence for the big bang theory etc.

The universe. Well I subscribe to string theory, and thus alternate universes. Gravity seems illogically weak as a force (lots of complicated science blah blah), and the rationale that it slips between the different universes set together like pages on a book seems a nice theory. Again, evidence and theories of alternate universes are increasingly coming together. But again, these are just theories.

Life outside. Well, that is complicated. Suffice to say, it would be an awful waste if we are the only ones.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Let me repeat...

Gravity still isn't proven.

Neither is pretty much ANY of quantum physics. There are absolutely 0 unification theories at this point that have really any proof behind them.

It would certainly be much safer to think that God as described in the Bible does not exist, given what we DO know.

However, take for example the neuroscientist who just recently went into a meningitis induced coma, in which none of his brain was active (they monitored... none was active). He awoke with intense and clear memories of an afterlife. He's got a book out.
None of this is proven either, but it's obviously not a DMT experience (for all those smarty pants out there, 0 activity means 0 activity), and his experience was very much unlike DMT. They just had the dude on NPR.

The bible has been getting modified for ages.... It wasn't written in one sitting. I see no reason not to continue to reinterpret the bible to make it more relevant to life today.
Saying the bible is "stupid" or "useless" is preposterous, especially when the people saying it also say (in the same breath) that the Bible has been a political force for thousands of years and is, in a lot of instances, the major source of cultural migration and development in the same time period.

Also, "proving something is right," obviously most haven't take a logic class. You know the way you prove something right? You prove other shit wrong. Very much easier to prove what ISN'T true than to prove that something IS true. So until we prove these things wrong, or someone far more intelligent and educated than I makes real headway, I will withhold final judgement.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
It's funny how these aren't even theories, tectonic plates have been proven to have taken certain "paths" in the past. Also natural selection and evolution experiments have been conducted with bacteria and the theory has been PROVEN.

We are making scientific discoveries every single day and eventually we will disprove every illogical statement in the bible.

It happened in the past when we found out that lightning wasn't god being angry at us and that we aren't created in god's special own way.

Christianity and religion can only grasp the unknown, and if all the unknown is known religion will hopefully fade away.

Natural selection wasn't up for debate. Darwinian Evolution was. Natural selection, in the most general terms, conforms more to common sense.
They used bacteria and evolution shits to prove evolution. <------ Epic statement.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
It was just something for the kids who graduate highschool and college with a friggin mass communications degree or some shit in economics or film, and all of a sudden are convinced they are smarter than everyone else.

MB don't get a bs degree, y0.

Or hold on to that beautiful little phrase:

"I don't know."

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
As the picture stated.

An educated person is a person who knows how much he doesn't know.

An uneducated person is a person who thinks he knows it all and thinks he has proof of "God" etc.

Top Bottom