MD Vote on Question 6 - Gay Marriage

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Marriage shouldn't be and isn't owned by the christian community. You shouldn't have the right to decide what legal rights people of different sexual preferences have.. This really is becoming sickening. Let other people that aren't christian get married and get of their back, getting married is a right that any fucking person on the world should have despite of being gay or straight.

VoX

Twat Hammer
Marriage shouldn't be and isn't owned by the christian community. You shouldn't have the right to decide what legal rights people of different sexual preferences have.. This really is becoming sickening. Let other people that aren't christian get married and get of their back, getting married is a right that any fucking person on the world should have despite of being gay or straight.

Thanks.. this thread has gotten out of control with this christian bullshit

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
One thing I think most people forget is that marriage was defined in the old testament, so I mean, if any religion controlled marriage... Wouldn't it be ze Jews?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I agree with Freeze. Saying "gays" should only be allowed Civil unions but not have the right to marriage is pretty discriminatory. I don't see how giving ALL people equal rights is meddling with anything.......

Last edited:

VoX

Twat Hammer
#420YOLOGAYMARRIAGE 2013 babay!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
V

Voodoo

I personally, find gay people repelling. I don't understand it, it bothers me, and I get creeped out when guys try to hit on me.

But what does that have to do with marriage? Noooottttthhhiinnng.
I don't understand why the government cares about what goes on in the bedroom. So far the only thing opposing this consistently is the Christian right, which I feel is giving a bad name to the right ( and any self respecting Christians)

All I'm saying is you Christians like to ignore parts of the bible that you don't agree with. So ignore or change it to a union between two human beings. There is precedents, and I feel the ability of Christians to ignore parts of their bible that no longer make sense or disagree with their feelings is what makes them better than some other religions, like muslim.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Voodoo makes a point. There are religious scholars whose job it is specifically to tell peeps which parts of the bible to ignore and which parts not to. It's not like youre following creed verbatim in any sense. In fact, you really are following an interpretation of some other joe, who probably learned his interpretation from some other joe.

The muslim religion is actually called Islam. And there are a lot of Muslims who are not extremists, just like there are a lot of Christians who are not. I don't think Christianity is a "better" religion than Islam, and I would not make such a claim without reading and studying the entirety of the Bible, the Quran, and the history surrounding both.

I don't see how the extreme right can talk about how much freedom we should have and how this country is based on it, and then not let gays get married.
And there have been recent violent protests against gay marriage. Which is worse? Some gay chicks you don't even know and have never seen before and probably will never meet.. getting married....
Or a group of raging homophobes with torches and pitchforks trying to beat the shit out of people, which is completely against the law? These people show their immaturity at EVERY step of the way.

Fucking ridic how many hypocrisies there are surrounding this.

Last edited:

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Chris, the reason that the Protestant Church exists is because the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages decided it was their own prerogative to tell people what the Bible said without giving people access to Scripture. Martin Luther, a Catholic Monk mind you, read the Bible for himself and then attacked the Catholic Church. There is no one group of people who tell Christians what to believe, the Priesthood of the Believer is available to all, not just the highly intelligent and learned.

That's my little tidbit about why people shouldn't always listen to pastors, priests, or whatever. The Bible is meant to be read by all and interpreted to have a common meaning. Yes, I do admit that if you read the Bible in certain ways that you may come to the conclusion that many come to. Those are the Bible beating, intolerant tools that give Christianity a bad name.

The Bible's underlying theme that most people miss is accommodation and compassion. If all Christians realized that, gay marriage wouldn't be an issue.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Moment,

I was raised Lutheran until I was 18. I studied in Bible school and confirmation class.

However, most people don't actually read the Bible. And most kind of regurgitate what they hear from others. And there are people in the Vatican whose job specifically entails bible study with the intent of basically deciding what Christians believe. For instance, the debate on Free Will, and how an omnipotent God could create beings that had the will to reject Him. Also, more recently (2009) some debates on Limbo.

I think we agree that people shouldn't follow the word of their pastors in all cases. That's pretty much what I was saying, anyway. My point was also one that you implied, which was that there is this Word of God, but then there are 20 different people telling you 20 differnt Word of God's, and people just kind of walk into one of those, and follow it til they die. They swear by those beliefs and teachings, and in history have killed and died for them. But it's just some other dude interpreting the Bible.

The Bible's underlying themes are many. However, as humans and learned beings, we can take from the Bible the most important teachings. All of those relate to compassion, understanding, acceptance, compromise, humility.... etc. Basically, in many ways, the Bible is just a really lengthy story talking about the best qualities every one of us can hope to make creed for ourselves. In order to do so, much like with other religions, like Buddhism, we need to realize that we are flawed, ignorant beings from the start. The problem is that a lot of these extremists bypass that recognition and go straight to narcissism, ignorance, and hatred.

So yes, I agree with you and have always agreed with you that the Bible, at its best, is a great teaching tool for morality and the best ideals of humankind. However, that's just too hard for lowlives like the Westboro Baptist Church to do. They are just scared sheep fucking everyone they come into contact with over.

And I agree. If Christians embraced the teachings of Jesus Christ in their whole, they wouldn't have a problem with gay marriage at all. In fact, they would support it.

Anyway, just keep doing what you're doing, Moment. You're a good Christian. You embody what I really like about christianity. Pretty much why I think it should be taught everywhere (along with its HUGE historical significance). So just keep it up, talk your friends into thinking like you. All dat shit.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
You know I make an excuse to rant anywhere I can.

BTW, you should always wait a good 10 minutes before responding to a TheDude post, because I always press post before I'm done editing them. I probably go back and edit my posts about 3-4 times before they are done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom