Mr.N00B!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVC

Banned
Please keep further comments restricted to Mr Noobs ban.

I authorised the ban, FYI. Stop attacking Pwn over it.

So far, I have clearly explained the situation, and the only explanation offered has been " you just happened to be there". Every time.
If Mr Noob can give some insight on how that was possible, I'll consider lifting the ban.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Mr. N00b uses yitch config, which strips the game down to the lowest possible graphics, removing grasses, bushes, making the textures very simple so nothing blends in with them... the player skins are choppy and thus easier to see, with very little detail. There are no shadows, there is no depth of field. The brightness by default is kicked up a notch to help see in those darker places, but i don't think that helps that much. Also, it's a lot easier to see if anyone is sticking through a wall at all (the map textures are like quake, so it's incredibly easy to distinguish anything out of place).

So mb that's why some of you think he wallhacks. I personally have never seen him wall hack.

Also, take into account that on shipment you can hear everyone moving..... always. There's no place on the map that is too far away to hear someone. If you hear them once, you can pretty much zero in on them. So mb not wh?

Also, we're all supposed to still be logging bans in the staff bans section. B3 or not.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
So it's a downloadable config that gives someone an advantage?

@Take - I've made plenty of accidental bans, not sure why you're all over Pwn.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Let's stay on topic here folks. Any shit slinging and waffle tossing keep outside of this thread. This is purely about Mr. Noobs ban. Let's act like mature and respectable adults here.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
So it's a downloadable config that gives someone an advantage?

@Take - I've made plenty of accidental bans, not sure why you're all over Pwn.

Yea, it's downloadable. But all the changes are ones you could make yourself, it would just take a while, and you'd pretty much have to edit your config with text editor. The settings affecting grass and stuff are more notably like rlod scale settings. Pretty much anyone who has the name or has used the name BASHandSLASH has one of the 3 available yitch configs or dk config for cod4 (the site they can be downloaded from is BASHandSLASH.com, and the default MP name the config gives you is BASHandSLASH).

I used to use this config back on my old 13" MBP, but I really didn't notice any significant FPS boost from it (any more than could be achieved by simply lowering your settings in the options menu). However, if your computer is more ancient than that, I could see how maybe the config would give you a boost. It's just completely unnecessary for pretty much anyone with a computer made after 2006 (at least for CoD4).

Hope that clears stuff up.

PwnSauce

Banned
Answers on the nrs.

1, It doesn't matter who banned him, you agreed.
2, Ofcourse you should support unban! you made a false ban.
3, Mr. Noob, Tito and {BC}Rotten those are 3 within a month there are prob more.
4, I didn't mean to be rude or anything, It just came to my attention that you made (alot) false bans.

"ALOT" of false bans?

A max of 3 in 2 1/2 years is a lot?

Get the fk off my back. how about that?
Detecting WH is not a hard science, it goes back to judgement on the moderator and if that was our/my decision then that was our/my decision and I don't need you questioning 3 of the dozens of bans I've made over the last few years.

JohnSmith

Corporal
WH is the hardest hack to detect, so if pwn thinks he got it right with his experience, then we should believe him, IMO. Mr.Noob's suspicious playing didn't help his cause.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
WH is the hardest hack to detect, so if pwn thinks he got it right with his experience, then we should believe him, IMO. Mr.Noob's suspicious playing didn't help his cause.

Experience is one thing, making mistakes occasionally is another. Several mods and players saw him play and we even have a recording of his gameplay style. There is nothing suggesting he is wallhacking. I even took bim by surprise a couple of times while playing. Mind you I said a couple of times. He is a very good player and he picked up on my sneak attacks. I firmly believe there was a mistake made here. They spec'd him in shipment. Seriously Shipment. That map you can guess where players are easily. Hell even wally himself has been called a hacker when he played shipment. Several times. Not once.

AVC

Banned
If hes scripting or altering configs the ban can stay.
If he doesnt chime in again, the ban can stay.
Even if you left shipment out of the equation, same thing was happening in Overgrown.

MR.N00B!

Corporal
|K3| Member
Even if you left shipment out of the equation, same thing was happening in Overgrown.

I can change the config.. Never heard of it being a problem. Also just an FYI the config isn't what made it possible for me to see you as I have just started using that config again.. I am fully capable of doing it without the config.. the config just allows me to run the game a tad bit smoother.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member

I don't see why having extremely low graphics configured on his computer warrants a ban...

I also played on overgrown with him a couple of times that same day, he kept whipping my ass yes, but it wasn't fishy. It's up to you guys, honestly. But I posted proof and we have witnesses that say he is clean. But the final saying is up to you guys. Nothing in my power that says I can stop admin from doing things I don't agree with.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I played with him along with Joe for several games. I know he's a good player and I've never even considered that he was hacking. He's got a good reaction time and good connections to most of our servers. Low graphics just boost his talents.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I watched Youtube vids of pipeline with that yitch 3 config and it's defiantly not ban worthy IMO. It just strips off a buncha crap to help your game run better and increase FPS.

I don't think we should be deciding the merits of a ban , upholding or overturning based on that.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I can say I've played with him numerous times on S1 and never seen anything that warranted a ban. There were a few times I wondered but never anything concrete to make me ban.. just my 2 cents.

AVC

Banned
I don't see why having extremely low graphics configured on his computer warrants a ban... .

What normal peeps do when they have a crappy PC is lower the graphics settings in game. AA, anisotropic, res, or just use the optimal system settings.

Altering your cfg files outside those settings can be seen as cheating. If some player is hiding in the grass in a ghille suit, but viewable plain as day like he's lying on a road because of scripting by another player it's an unfair advantage. Taking away the plants is like taking away the smoke. Or taking away the walls.

The Moment - Look at what you wrote. Boosts. I agree he is probably a skilful player. But boosting your skills by using questionable methods can get you banned

I'll support an unban due to the support. And I will strongly suggest that if you wan to be a script kiddie, do it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom