Members leaving the krew

psylo

Private First Class
Heh wow. I would say that is more than sufficient time to establish trust again. In that case, I don't know what to do. If people are willing to go through all that just to venture some where else for a bit, I don't know how to stop it.

As to your comment about having people come and go rather than breaking rules and lying etc, I have my own opinions on that too:) but thats another thread for another time

TL:DR

I have no clue what to do about people leaving the clan, and thankfully I am not in a position to have to make decisions :)

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
I'm on the fence when it comes to this, i beleive it is disgusting what they've done but it is their choice. On one hand i think they should not be let back in the Krew but on the other hand i beleive if they are truly sorry and are willing to prove their worth they should be allowed in. I'm too indecisive, so i suggest you don't consider my opinion :eek:

tl;dr, don't read my post.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I don't think they need to be sorry unless they acted like dicks. Slaya didn't act like a dick. He shouldn't be sorry. BUT, if he wants back in, he will have to prove a sufficient level of dedication. Just how stuff works.

We WANT these people back IF they will play by the rules, act nicely, and be active. They don't have to prove their worth, just accomplish those 3 easy tasks.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
I very much doubt stevo will be back. I talked to him on his server the other day and he said he wasn't going to even play on our servers again, because we "cover for hackers"...

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Wow, our servers are great. He's being a little bitch. I hope he gets his runnin' . Otherwise he won't be playing on a good FFA broad server for a while. His choice.

I don't cover for hackers. I dislike that I have been disowned so quickly by stevo.

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Wow covering for hackers? That's a low blow. The Krew is so against hackers... He just can't figure out anything else to say.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
me and some other guys were talking about the issue in the shotbox.
and i came up with 2 statment i wanted to share:

still it seems like we have to redo the joining process a bit. because right now it looks like people come and go like a fucking prostitude!

these youngsters become members way to fast! i waited almost a year to become a member, u think i will ever quit...no!

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Well, yes, when stevo acts like an ass he acts like an ass. He knows how to throw an epic temper tantrum. In this instance, even, he pretty much just rage-quitted. I think since stevo dropped off the face of the Krew, our members are more guilty of behaving badly toward RE than them toward us.

In terms of how much blood, sweat, and tears he's put into the servers as a mod, he fkin' rapes pretty much every single one of you (and me). Makes you (and me) look like lazy motherfuckers by comparison.

So hate the "stevo-rage," don't hate the stevo. It is surprising to see how quickly some of you would condemn one of your friends.

----------------------------------
Yes, I agree, some things can be changed in the recruitment process. I don't think it is too short. In fact, I think lengthening the wait time any more will result in less people joining.

I think the areas we can improve in are in record keeping, standardization of steps/process, increasing the level of exposure of the new recruits to all of our members, and minimizing the amount of misguided votes on nominations (i.e someone voting "no" because they mistakenly believe the candidate is inactive).

Also, remember that until a user makes it clear they wish to join (usually), usually through their intro, and until they begin consistently meeting the forum activity requirements, it is unlikely that you are even under consideration for recruitment. We get a lot of people saying "I waited 200 years to get in," when really they were just never really active enough on the forums (or something like that) until they'd been "waiting" 199 years and 11 months. Not saying this is true of you, Anal, but it was true for me and several others.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Putting time into the servers is not logging in and staying in game all the time when one is actually afk.. This is what stevo did all the time so stop with the "he raped the rest of us crap and made us look like lazy mother fuckers" because thats bullshit. He was actually active when many of us were asleep. He really didnt go above and beyond the call of duty for us. He was a good guy that was a decent mod that has an explosive temper. I miss having him here as well but facts is facts

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

blaster didnt you disappear for awhile as well?

Nitroz

Staff Sergeant
Ok so you guys have been talking way to much about (RE) and how there taking our members, well so be It, they can do what ever they like, It's just a game
I think we should just ignore (RE) have nothing to do with them thats whats letting our members leave so I think we should delete all posts about (RE) and leave It alone
If (RE) wants to talk to us so talk to them like regular people there just an ordinary clan like us, It's us talking about (RE) Is making our members leave

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Well, no Nitroz, if they break the rules, they break the rules.

We should not delete all posts about RE.

If our members wish to go to RE, they may. Of course we cannot stop members from leaving.

Nitro, if there is no clan, there is no server. If the clan is tiny, the servers suck, and there isn't enough money to fund lots of things. It is just a game, but preserving and developing our clan is an important thing. Look at stevo's clan..... It is small, they have only 16 slots on their FFA broad server...etc. So obviously we want to keep our members.

I don't know what you mean by talk to them like regular people. There are already multiple threads and posts that discuss why we should still treat them with respect and exercise good behavior, if that's what you meant.

I don't think we are losing members now. I think that a couple of our guys happened to leave around the same time as each other, but for very different reasons. Only 2 or 3 people have actually left because of this stevo business, I believe. It's to be expected that most of the members that come in here have an expiration date, and when they reach that they'll be movin' on. We have 5 new recruits, I believe. I think the krew is growing at a healthy rate.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
Well, yes, when stevo acts like an ass he acts like an ass. He knows how to throw an epic temper tantrum. In this instance, even, he pretty much just rage-quitted. I think since stevo dropped off the face of the Krew, our members are more guilty of behaving badly toward RE than them toward us.

In terms of how much blood, sweat, and tears he's put into the servers as a mod, he fkin' rapes pretty much every single one of you (and me). Makes you (and me) look like lazy motherfuckers by comparison.

So hate the "stevo-rage," don't hate the stevo. It is surprising to see how quickly some of you would condemn one of your friends.

----------------------------------
Yes, I agree, some things can be changed in the recruitment process. I don't think it is too short. In fact, I think lengthening the wait time any more will result in less people joining.

I think the areas we can improve in are in record keeping, standardization of steps/process, increasing the level of exposure of the new recruits to all of our members, and minimizing the amount of misguided votes on nominations (i.e someone voting "no" because they mistakenly believe the candidate is inactive).

Also, remember that until a user makes it clear they wish to join (usually), usually through their intro, and until they begin consistently meeting the forum activity requirements, it is unlikely that you are even under consideration for recruitment. We get a lot of people saying "I waited 200 years to get in," when really they were just never really active enough on the forums (or something like that) until they'd been "waiting" 199 years and 11 months. Not saying this is true of you, Anal, but it was true for me and several others.

i know i wasnt always that active. and i am not trying to say in anyway that the recruit process should be a year lol, that would be fucked up. but i think that there must be a better way to judge the newcomers of their interest, quality and comitment than counting their posts on the forum. cause some people than just spam bullshit on every thread they dont even have fucking opinion on. thats why it took f. ex me so long to join. cause i only posted things that i ment and that i had interrest in. on the other hand i am NOT saying that other recruits were bullshitting just because they joined faster than me. SO DONT GET ME WRONG PLS. i hope u understand what im trying to say.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Okay, I think we all acknowledge that there is usually a certain level of asskissing done by most recruits before they get in, especially with the younger guys. Lol, no need to be ashamed to admit you have noticed that. This is true all over the place, though. People try their hardest and certainly try to sell themselves when trying to get a job/position and right when they get that position.

Also, some of our most active and committed members are the ones who are responsible for those kinds of posts you mentioned. On the other hand, there are guys who come here, make one or two well-written, developed, and articulate, and then we never hear from them again. I think that as long as the members are regularly active and well-behaved, it shouldn't really matter in what way they are active.

This is a gaming clan, first and foremost. We provide a nice place to chill and good people to play with on fun servers. I think the quality of someone's forum activity is secondary to their commitment to the clan as a whole.

Just a thought. People who come here and join and stay active almost always have gotten to know at least one or two members pretty well. When people come here and make friends, they want to stay. If they don't really get noticed and they don't really have any pals in the krew, there isn't much reason to stay.

Also, I have noticed that people who have a history of different clans don't stay too often. When I see that on their intro, I definitely take note.

People who JUST started playing the game are probably going to get better and their opinions about what kind of gameplay they want is more likely to change than someone who is a vet player. Beefcake, for instance, at some point decided he had gotten good enough that he wanted to be in a serious clan. When I first noticed him hangnin' around, I am fairly sure he was a complete noob to the game.

Younger people are still growing up and I feel like, first of all, they don't really think about what it would mean to spend a year or two in this clan, or mb it's harder to understand for young people how long a year or two really is and what that kind of commitment would entail.

That's all I can bullshit right now.

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Anal you make a good point, there are a lot of people that spam the threads in order to be "active". I like you believe that one shouldn't post in a thread if they dont have any type of opinion or truly carea bout the subject matter.
I think what Anal means is that the whole recruit process needs to be something that doesnt have a set amount of time, but is truly based on contribution to the Krew. As for people leaving, it's going to happen, and some people may become a member here and not feel as comfortable as they think they should. If they find another clan in which they feel comfortable, or they just want to leave, I think we as a whole need to be sensitive to every one else circumstances.

Top Bottom