Which music are you into?

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
Well I dont wanna pay almost 140€ to see two bands I´ve never listened that much XD

ponyboy

|KKK|'s Pony
|K3| Member
I listen to everything.
If it sounds good to me, that is. The genre's i listen too the most is alternative, and indie rock.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
There is a Madien Concert (Somewhere in time; DVD?)airing right now on on the PLD channel. Oh, it's the Flight 666 show (i think) in HD. Looks like a decent edit as well. I hate the trend of concert dvd's these days that feel the need to cut to a different angle/member every two seconds.

:headbang:

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
blues/folk rock, jazz any soul/RnB/funk stuff, i was looking up genres on wikipedia and electronic has absolutely wayyyy too many subgenres...its stupid

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
Well I'm born in Europe and dance music is pretty big there. I remember my mother holding me in her hands while we were listening to her cassettes of atb who is to this day my favorite DJ/producer and he came out w/ a new album last month :w00t: . So that's when the love for dance music just went into my genes. Ever since about three years of age, Trance has been my favorite I guess it's my favorite because I like the feeling that some songs give me. My head gets the feeling as if you feet fell asleep, I get butterflies in my stomach, and start to tear up, but the tears are of happiness and I just want to dance - I simply can't explain, it's just that amazing. Though I am not big fan of what is called "Trance" because it been influenced by Electro House way too much. The overpowered bass lines and lack of synth and originality just makes me a bit sad sometimes.. I also love Electro House (especially Benny Benassi's works like Hit My Heart, and Love is Gonna Save Us. But the early 2000 trance IMO was the best.
Lately when moved to the US I fell in love with rap especially 2Chainz - that man has the voice if a God it's simply perfect. The song Beautiful Pain <3 is my most played song on my phone. So basically I'm a European kid who for the most part likes electronic dance music.
Trance because well it's like a medicine
Electro house because of Benny Benassi
And rap/hip-hop because of 2Chainz.

P.S. I don't like "EDM" which actually in the beginning just stood for Electronic Dance Music in which there were a lot of genres like progressive house, progressive trance, acid, drum n bass, techno etc. But now if I ask someone what their favorite genre is they'll say "EDM" and I'm like :eek: which genre there's like hundreds and their like "EDM" and then I'm like -- "alright, can you tell me the difference between trance and others?" And they look at me like I asked them what is calculus :|

I'm just gonna throw this out, but I cannot wait to go visit Latvia and wet my buddies take some E and go to Club Essential which is a nightclub on Riga.
Pretty pumped.
I don't however want to go to large raves like Ultra, Tomorrow land, EDC, Armada etc. -- way too many people and way too many opportunities to get AIDS :K.

And lately dance beats have been present in POP music which has overtaken great artist like Armin, Tiêsto, Guetta, Oaki etc. have been making shit (excuse the expression) just because of money. let's not talk about Zedd. Avicci, and that Marrin Garrix dude as well as others that I can't name. They're just a plain disappointment to the industry creating as I said Shit POP. I'll admit song like Clarity have been stuck in my head, and I mean what pop song hasn't gotten stuck in someone's head :K
Avicci is trying too hard - making Country meets POP and that breed meeting Dance :eek: - if that's originality then well I have nothing to say :| And when people hear their "songs" that they spent 20 minutes in making on FLatudio people say that it's the best thing ever and that they'll die to hear it once more. Like are you fucking me. When has an "artist" like Zedd actually used a legit synthesizer? I bet there are still many DJ's that do use such devices for a more authentic sound experience, but of course their not popular :lmao:
Calvin Harris has released only 3 songs that are actually worth listening to and those were released in 09.
Anyway I'm happy for these great producers because they finally can show their shine and make a lot of moola, but I bet that some of the older ones in the industry knowdeep inside that what their doing is wrong (making that kind of music to please the heroin babies), but their doing it against their will because they want to be in the spotlight not in the basements of Detroit or go back to Amsterdam where most came from.

Anyway I believe in if you like something you gotta research it. I love architecture and cars - I have researched both. I love Trance - I grew up with it and it can bring back memories that can't be borough back with anything else.

Anyway sorry to make this more of a rant, but it had to be released and the load is off :lmao:

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Most edm is crap nowadays. Bunch of dj's and producers with a bunch of X's and Z's in their names (which don't mean shit anyway... like Spaarky... who gives a fuck), making the same bass lines with the same production techniques with the same snare sounds EQ'ed the same way with a bunch of compression on the master track, all at the same BPM in the same key so it's easy to virtual DJ that shit at clubs.

All using the same DIY software with the same automation. Like they all watched the same youtube tutorial on how to make dance music and just plugged in different values.

I'm glad you take the stuff seriously, Deluxx3. We need more of you.

I hate running into chicks who talk about how they love music so much, and then you find out they just kinda know a couple of shitty vanilla-grade tracks by krewella. It's like this:

That's most people's idea of listening to music.

Last edited:

advnt

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Former Krew Member
I listen to lots of stuff. However, I mainly gravitate more towards the newer post-hardcore/metalcore stuff.
I've always loved the mixture of clean and unclean vocals, and I go to shows whenever the opportunities arise.

I also listen to lots of alternative and EDM.
Just can't stand rap and country.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
@Deluxx3
I think you´re right, mate. Many popular songs, e.g. from Avicii or Guetta sound the same over and over again.
And I think it´s really cool that you listen to ATB :) I have a Spotify Electronic Music Playlist with some tracks from ATB (like "Marrakech") and RMB (you know their track "horizon"?). I like that sort of trance music.
So as I said, i listen to almost everything that sounds good to me. Except german Schlager music XD

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Classic rock and heavy metal. Everything from Journey, Springsteen, and Bob Seger by way of Iron maiden Saxon and Judas Priest through to Metallica, Slayer and Venom.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I hear Metallica's "new" album might be done by 2020. According to the band , they have 3 million new riffs, compared to last years 2 million.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
I hear Metallica's "new" album might be done by 2020. According to the band , they have 3 million new riffs, compared to last years 2 million.

Personally i think their last real good album was Master of Puppets. But that's just me.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Not me.

I love Black album, thought Load was awesome and found Re-load and Magnetic quite good as well. I even enjoy St.Anger from time to time. S&M and Garage INC also kicked ass.

As for the new album, i think the best that can be hoped for is another D.Magnetic. I've lost a ton of respect for Metallica this year though and, quite frankly, don't care anymore about the 'new' album or anything else they do.

I can't even stand them live anymore. Kirk Hammet has become so incredibly sloppy. Almost to the point where It's embarrassing. And his lead tone is probably the worst I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom