Which music are you into?

Dunial

Metal Master
|K3| Member
I dont wanna know what you're listening to right now. I'm just interestet in which music genre you're into.

IMO Metal is the measure of all things :headbang:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Rap & Hip Hop mostly. But I do listen to reggaeton, merengue and cumbias from time to time. Those 3 genres are spanish, by the way.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Mainly metal. I've been listening to it since i was about 13. I listen to all different genres of it. Thrash/speed, power metal, some death metal, melodic death metal, metalcore , progressive etc.

I also like classical music. Recently got the symphonic Pink Floyd, which is awesome. I also listen to a little blues such as Stevie ray Vaughn, a little Clapton etc.

Guitar virtuoso i love as well. Satch, Vai, Petrucci etc.

Recently I've also gotten into a tiny bit of jazz music. If anyone is familiar with the HBO Show Treme, it's stuff like that.

Lastly, classic rock. The Doors, Pink Floyd, Sabbath. The usual suspects.

Here is my last FM page if you're interested. I hate the new last FM though, although the integration with Spotify is awesome. I just use the Spotify web player now, as my last FM player won't even play since the upgrade. It works on Firefox, but i hate it what they've done. Integrating with Youtube is horrible.

http://www.last.fm/user/DamageINC78

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Beethoven is like metal for classical listeners. His shit was intense, went completely against the norm, and was short, sweet, and to the point.

To us, today, it sounds like a cliche. Of course, it is to us, cuz we've heard it so many times. But compared to Mozart, it was immensely different.

Mozart would shit out symphonies daily. Beethoven would walk around with a little notebook and scrutinize every detail of his 15 note melody (if even that)

I'm still trying to get into more classical music.

BTW, Petrucci comes before Vai. Without petrucci, there is no Vai. Vai is an extension of Petrucci. Not to mention, without his time with Zappa, who knows what Vai would have been like. He already is extremely self-absorbed. He's got a fan just for his hair....
^IMHO

PS one of the other guitar players Zappa used was Mike Keneally

And @everyone... No hendrix? C'mon. Being a guitar player without listening to hendrix will leave you entirely lacking.[DOUBLEPOST=1392836443][/DOUBLEPOST]@WaLLy do you like Rumba Club?

Last edited:

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
When I was about 14, I discovered Metal and I got into it deeper and deeper. I loved Black-/Death Metal, Folk and Pagan Metal (and Sonata Arctica XD). The more extreme it was, the better I found it. But i got older and my taste changed, so now I listen to almost everything as long as it sounds good for me. Right now, I listen a lot to Dubstep and Drum and Bass (and still Sonata Arctica). Sometimes to EBM and Industrial, too.
So, i can make a little list of the stuff I listen often these days:

Dubstep
Drum and Bass
Lissie
Ellie Goulding
Behemoth
Sonata Arctica
Front Line Assembly

Dunial

Metal Master
|K3| Member
@DamageINC: Hardcore metal is the only metal genre I dont like :D
@TheDude : Jimmy Hendrix is a god. I am a guitar player and he is more than an idol![DOUBLEPOST=1392836931][/DOUBLEPOST]@Jana : Behemoth is awesome! :D

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
One thing jimi did was never compare himself to the amazing players of his time. He always, in interviews, would deny any accusation that he was the greatest guitar player. Fkin magic.

His albums are fantastic. They completely exemplify him as a person. He doesn't just mimic other people! THANK YOU DUNIAL!

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
@Dunial
Yeah I love "Blow your trumpets Gabriel" :D The video is so: :eek::eek:
They´re playing on a high technical level IMO. Would be cool to see them live sometime...

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
@Dunial

I really don't know genres. When i was growing up there was thrash/speed, death and glam metal. Now a days they've gone crazy. Crab metal. Math metal. It's all pretty stupid to me. The only reason i know the genres of the bands i like is because i read the tags or w/e. My point is, i don't really know what bands are considered 'hardcore.'

@TheDude Vai is seven years older then Petrucci and was in the public eye well before Peterucci was, i believe. I have a G3 concert video with Him, Satch and Vai all playing at once and trading off solos. It's awesome.

Paul Gilbert is also incredible.

Dunial

Metal Master
|K3| Member
@Jana : I'll see them live this year at Wacken Open Air :D

@DamageINC : they've really gone crazy. I prefer the "classic metal" (Death, thrash, speed, and so on)..

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
LUCKY BASTARD!

Megadeth, Iced Earth (two of my fav bands), Amon Amarth, Heaven shall burn, Arch Enemy, Kreator, Carcass, Children of Bodom. Awesome.

Iced Earth and Megadeth are the two must sees, IMO.

Lol @ Skid row playing there. I loved that band when i was like 14.

Dunial

Metal Master
|K3| Member
Well, I'm looking forward to Amon fucking amarth!!!!
I'll go to another festival in austria, called "Nova Rock", with Iron Maiden and Sabbath! :D

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
You´re going to Nova Rock! That´s like...one hour away from vienna :D But I won´t go there...not really interested in the Bands :D

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
You have to come to Donauinselfest :D Europes biggest festival for free!

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
salvation
I listen all the musics of the world well not all but in any case those who are known and especially the mixture of genres but my preference goes to reggae and that turns around

Top Bottom