iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
The reporting on that website of 'truth' is horrendous.

It's amusing sites like that slam mainstream media for having agendas etc. when their reporting is far more biased and slanted towards their own opinions than anything I've ever seen on CNN or any other 'mainstream' site.

I agree with the comment made by Bushclaw in that article. A rare display of actual rational thinking on a site like that.

Why does the author on a website like that use Google plus? Isn't he being tracked by the NSA.....

I didn't see anything in your post that debunks what they said on that website, are there false things on there and if so, what are they?

I'm sure he's also using google plus because google "IS" the internet, in order to get the major traffic you have to use the enemy's tools against them, that's how I see it...

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Back to the iPhone. Thread has been derailed enough as it is.

Wally, feel free to delete my post. Got off topic.

:lmao:

Anyways, yeah I'm not an iphone guy and probably never will be, I've had the Android for quite some time now and like it. Really haven't messed with any of Apple's stuff but what I have I didn't really like it.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The phone is yet to be out and people already confirm people are gonna be tracked by it? Apple says the fingerprint isn't being stored but I guess since it's a huge corporation they're immediately the bad guys and thus helping big brother. I'm sure 'Enemy of the State' type of shit might happen, but it ain't gonna happen to me anytime soon.

I upgrade to the latest and greatest only because my current (2yr old version) iPhone still has value in it and thus helps offset the cost of the new one. When I was on a 2yr. contract, the new iPhone was essentially free to me; I usually sold it for $200 and that covered for the new phone. I'd just have to shell out the 50-60 bucks in taxes.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
If I listened correctly, Apple's employee who unveiled the 5S said that the fingerprints will be encrypted and stored in a small space inside the A7 chip and not on any Apple servers.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
AFAIK, it's not even an actual fingerprint, but a scan of your thumb that uses an algorithm to determine the integrity of your print. Maybe someone hacking into your phone or some presumed database could get something useful from a thumbprint scan, but it seems too far fetched to have any real world implications for any iPhone user. I mean , what data are they really going to get that one hasn't already submitted through the DMV, a bank, your ISP, your cable company, etc. etc. etc.

If the new iPhone only costs you 50-60$, i'd probably go for it. If someone was to pay 500 bux for it, no way in hell. I doubt i'd even spend $100 on it, but I've never used an iPhone. I did have a smartphone for a little while. For me, the only important things would be email, texting and phone calls. And a decent camera if i needed it for a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
If I listened correctly, Apple's employee who unveiled the 5S said that the fingerprints will be encrypted and stored in a small space inside the A7 chip and not on any Apple servers.

Yes, but we can never trust the corporations, now can we? lol

Either way, the Touch ID feature is definitely a nice addition. I've never used a passcode on any of my previous phones because 1. it's annoying to have to enter a code 2. I don't really have anything to hide anyway... With the Touch ID, I might just end up using it cuz my thumb would be on the home button anyway. :D

Also, debating if I should even try to camp out next Friday :thinking: I probably won't, in the end. I'll probably just swing by a T-Mobile store and see what kind of lines the night before holds.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
hAB4EB652

:troll:

but :okay:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
'Enemy of the State'

They know that people know that that term is too commie... they prefer 'Domestic Terrorist' which isn't much different...

OT: I heard that some leaked benchmarks only show ~30% improvement between the 5 and 5s, which is kind of lame for a new phone, IMO. But, I guess that if you have any earlier phone, it would make a good upgrade performance wise :D

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I waited to see what apple would bring out before upgrading, and to be frank I am disappointed. Very minimal upgrades with the 5s in comparison to the other brands, and with google's play store catching up with the app store I am going android. Sure they look shiny, but it is style over substance. As for the 5c, well it is just far too expensive to be a 'budget' iphone. When the iphone 4 came out it was the best phone on the market, destroying the competition hands down in looks, functionality and performance, and at that time android apps were awful as well. Even taking into account the fact that iphones are more efficient than their android counterparts and thus run more smoothly on lower specs, this latest batch is just not worth the wait or money it would require to shell out on them IMHO.

Apple is losing market share on all fronts at the moment. The new nexus 7 II beats the ipad mini hands down, and for an incredible price having just released very recently. The new samsung galaxy note III looks very impressive, and will certainly take the phablet crown until next year. The HTC One and Xperia Z1 look set to pinch more of the iphone's market share, already squeezed by the galaxy s.4. Android offers a plethora of tablets, laptops and in between combination at great prices with solid systems behind them. I haven't seen an ultra-book or ultra thin netbook I like more than the air or macbook pro (the air remains one of my favourite products that apple have created), but I just wonder how long it is before even they are overhauled.

I am neither and apple hater or fanboy (or any other company), but I feel they need to give us some more genuinely inspiring and innovative products.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I've invested too much money into iTunes to switch phones. lol.

Plus, I like jailbreaking my iPhones. I add the functions that apple wont.

As for hardware, the only thing apple seemed to care about this time around was the fingerprint censor.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Yeah, that is the problem that most people face (myself included) who have had an iphone for the past however many years. But I have spoken to quite a few people who have gone from iphone to htc one without any fuss, either directly replacing apps at no cost or finding a better one in the process. Music, well I have a lot of mine on amazon and google clouds respectively (I have google and my brother has the amazon one and I use his password, hence both). Videos and films are no problem, and htc has a quick switch for all the contacts, calendar etc. Can't really see I am going to miss a lot. Will be ordering a htc one over the weekend.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Placed an order for the 64GB black (rather Space Gray) 5s :w00t:

Estimated delivery 1st of Oct.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Scheduled delivery, Thursday! :fuckyea: Can't wait to give the NSA my fingerprint.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Wally is going to be king bad ass at Starbucks. All those trendy people with only an i:poop: 5. Pffft. Losers.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Wally is going to be king bad ass at Starbucks. All those trendy people with only an i:poop: 5. Pffft. Losers.

Just wait 'til you see the douchebags with the gold iPhones :LOL: Now, they will think their :poop: doesn't stink XD

Top Bottom