iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Who's planning on getting the 5s or 5c? Pre-orders start this Friday. I plan on ordering the 5s. Still debating on which color I should get.

Here's the 5c and their available colors:
hero_mba_11.jpg

The 5s in gold/champagne color:
ios_hero.png

Looking forward to the jump from the 4s to the 5s :veryhappy:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'll eventually upgrade to the 5s. Maybe in a year. Maybe longer. I'll probably get it on white or gold.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I'll probably try to exchange my current IPhone 5 for a 5s. Maybe pay a little extra, maybe not.

Also will go with the black one. I don't really like the lighter colors.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
looking at the 5c, what's the big difference? A plastic back like the iPhones up to the 3Gs?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
looking at the 5c, what's the big difference? A plastic back like the iPhones up to the 3Gs?

Externally, the back is plastic which I'm guessing will be like the 3G & 3GS. Internally, it will have the same stuff as the 5 that's out now. No Touch ID on it though.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Externally, the back is plastic which I'm guessing will be like the 3G & 3GS. Internally, it will have the same stuff as the 5 that's out now. No Touch ID on it though.

might get the 5c instead in like a year. idk

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
In like a year, the next iPhone will be out, then both of these new ones will be old. You'll be able to get them cheaper. Then again, that's if you plan on getting them around this time frame.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
i forget when my contract is up. I'll get the $99 model at the time I purchase.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
i'm up for the upgrade now but i'm leery of changing contracts as i still have true unlimited from my old contract..also i kinda needs the jail break :K

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
i'm up for the upgrade now but i'm leery of changing contracts as i still have true unlimited from my old contract..also i kinda needs the jail break :K

Depending on the company, you should be able to keep your unlimited data contract. My brother had unlimited everything and got grandfathered into the unlimited contract with Verizon.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Yep. When I was with AT&T, I was grandfathered in the :quote:unlimited:quote: data anytime I did an upgrade.

I'm with T-Mobile now, so I don't give a ffffuuuuuu XD

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
yeh i haz verizon but my jailbreak gives me reaallly cheap texting so if i get a new one i'll be paying extra for text until the jailbreak ...which is already underway,lol...i text a lot more than use data..i dunno about grandfathering but if i remeber correctly the last time i talked to the verizon guy ,he said the next upgrade would chenge my plan but its worth checking out

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I have "unlimited" data with AT&T(unlimited for AT&T is 3GB, then they cut you off).

My mom is using my upgrade since I used hers to get the 4s when it came out.

I'm gonna recommend the 5c to her... if they haven't been sold out by then. It supposedly has a longer battery life so it'll be awesome for her.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Fudge, just read that we wont be able to pre-order the 5s :|

Gonna have to really think how bad I want it :thinking:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
That made no sense.

From everything I've read, it seems like a lot of money for minimal upgrades. Sure you get a better GPU and 64 bit and all that, but in the end, would one really be doing anything differently than they do with a current iPhone5? At least differently enough to warrant 500 bux or w/e? Seems so many people buy one just because it's the new shiny phone on the block. I guess that makes you look cool at Starbucks or something, but i don't get it.

Top Bottom