Yahoo Fantasy football signup

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Ok, i created a fantasy football league on yahoo which was much more work than i anticipated. Took me 90 minutes to sort out all the settings and learn about them.

The league is free. 16 teams max. Four teams needed to get started.

Two divisions, six teams per division. The league is head to head , meaning you will play head to head matchups with a different team each week and accumulate a won/loss record. Points based leagues tend to be a bit boring and teams with few points seem to drop out and lose interest. H2H keeps things more exciting. The top four teams and the end of week 16/17 will make it into the two week postseason.

The draft is scheduled for Monday, August 26th @ 6pm PST. The time/date can be changed if needed, but i won't change it to anything before the 26th. The season starts Sept 5th (Thursday night kickoff) and then fully on Sunday the 8th.

This date (Aug 26th) is after the conclusion of all week 3 preseason games (considered a "dress rehearsal' in which teams play their starters through the entire first half.) Teams don't typically play many, if any starters in the last week of preseason, so this date minimizes the chances one of your picks will get hurt. It also allows you to get good looks at players during the preseason.

If you want to sign up , PM me or post your e-mail into this thread and i will send an invite. Serious players only please. It's very important to take part in the draft and be an active member of the league. It isn't like the bitch ass NBA fantasy league. :neener:

You can also sign up here > http://y.ahoo.it/Tv6XlO9T

One more note. I'll keep the league private for a couple of days to let people here signup first, after which it will be going public.

Last edited:

Lonsense

#Nonsense
Former Krew Member
Will sign up once i get home from work :) Seems pretty interesting.
I love football and it should be quite nice

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Signed up! This is my first football league and I plan to win this bitch! Although that might be a bit difficult as I don't know much about football players XD

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Might be harder to fill than i thought. We'll see. Still have almost a month before draft day. I just published the league so anyone can now join.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Coolio. The draft day is perfect. Anything before that and I won't be able to join as I'll be on the cruise. I get back late on Sunday and I'll be at work at the draft date/time but I should be free to pick and choose :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
So how does it work? Is it like picking your favorite teams to win for the week or? :unsure:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
No. You attend the draft and pick:

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN (BN is bench player)

Def is one defense , which you will most likely end up swapping out for different Defenses that are available. For example, if your current DEF is facing the best offensive team in the NFL that week, you'd want to drop them for that week and pick another. You will probably be swapping DEF a lot.

Check here > http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/337657/settings for the scoring system.

Basically, based on how your players perform that week in real games, you will score points. During the year you will cut and add players based on performance. That is where the $100 budget you see next to your team comes in. I'm not totally sure how the waivers system works, but, afaik, when a player you want is on waivers, you put in a bid from that $100, wait two days, and see if you won the bid (if anyone else put one in).

I have deviated from the standard scoring system quite a bit and added a lot of custom scoring options. Bonuses for QB's who go over 300, 400 and 500 yards. Same for RB's and WR's. I put in negative points for kickers who miss short FG's, although i may tweak that.

You can also make trades, but the trade can be vetoed if 40% of the league votes it down. Not a perfect system and some fair trades will get rejected, but that was the best option. There is a trade deadline of.... Nov 15th or 25th i think i have it set as.

You can also read up on the best ranked players at each position. All of that is listed in the league overview. Draft your DEF and Kicker in the last two rounds.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Aaaaah, gotcha!

But it's still a team vs other team overall, or is it player by player? The first week it looks like I'm facing Ryan's team, and just by looking at it, it seems like I'm going by say QB vs QB and depending on whichever QB does the best for that week, the person's team gets the points. :thinking:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It's team vs team. Each week you will play a different team and the team that scores the most points get the win. It will be all of your active starters for that week vs all the other teams active starters. You score based on how all of your starters do in the real games that week. Whoever accumulates the most points wins. It's not just by one position. Your QB might do crap, but if your D scores points, your RB and or WR have beast games and get bonuses etc. you can still win. The best overall player in any given position won't solely get points because that position scored more. One QB gets 20 points, the other QB 15, each total will be added to the final sum total. At least that's how i understand it. I'm still very new to it as well.

The four best teams at the end of the year make the playoffs.

The other scoring system is based purely on points , but from what i've read, it's pretty boring and the teams with the lowest amount quickly give up. With H2H, even the weaker teams have chances to knock off the top teams every week and maybe get back into the hunt late in the season if they make some savvy moves.

I'm really hoping the league fills up so each manager can face a new team most, or all of the time.

Another note. You can participate in mock drafts as many times as you want. I would suggest doing that so you get familiar with how the draft works.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I just did a 15 round mock draft. It lasted about 40 mins. Here is a screenshot of the draft window. It launches into it's own window run by flash player, so make sure to do a system test and make sure your PC will run it. Test takes a second. It can be found on the league page. You can select from each available category (wr, qb, rb, all players etc.) and break it down by yahoo player rank, most td's, most yards etc. etc. Just click on the catagory in yellow and it will list from most to least.

You can load players you wish to draft or keep track of into the window on the right. If they get drafted, they disappear. In this draft, for example , i picked 9th (out of 10) in round one, which meant i got to pick second in round 2. The 10th pick as you can see (Luke) get's back to back picks. 10th in one round, 1st in the next. You can also select an autopick option and yahoo will select for you based on rankings, but i don't recommend it. You get your draft results emailed to you if you wish, as well as the entire drafts results. This is handy so you can get an idea of what positions go first etc. and which don't. In round 1 for example, 9 of the 10 picks were RB.

Here is the team i ended up with. I need practice. Not to mention Macklin is already out for the year. :/

1. Alfred Morris (Was - RB)
2. Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
3. Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
4. Peyton Manning (Den - QB)
5. Ahmad Bradshaw (Ind - RB)
6. Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
7. Lance Moore (NO - WR)
8. BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Cin - RB)
9. Mike Williams (TB - WR)
10. Shonn Greene (Ten - RB)
11. Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
12. Miles Austin (Dal - WR)
13. Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)
14. New York (NYG - DEF)
15. Lawrence Tynes (TB - K)

Screen of mock draft window

1.jpg

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
If anyone knows anyone who would be interested, please give them the signup link. Filling the league is going to be a lot tougher than i thought.

Lonsense

#Nonsense
Former Krew Member
Seems like... my account is frozen but i created another one lol

Anyways uh... i'm not very good with these just to let you know but i'll try my best... i guess :/

So I'll have to wait til the actual draft starts, and before that i can do practice (mock) drafts right?

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yes, you can do as many mock drafts as you want. It's all very simple. You can use the many resources and charts to help you pick the best players.

You don't have to be good, but i hope you stay active throughout the season. That's what really makes or breaks a league.

I was advertising my signup link on yahoo answers. I got my account suspended as well :K

Here is a nice resource - http://www.fftoolbox.com/how_to_play.cfm

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'm planning on letting Yahoo pick my players. Or is that not allowed?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It's allowed, but not advisable. You should do the draft and pick your own. The draft window will list players based on rank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom