Things the rest of the world are missing out on...

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
@ Nick. I went to a place in Oceanside called Philly's best. They used those rolls shipped from Philly.

Almost nothing is exclusive to anywhere these days. You can find authentic restaurants here for just about every type of food, country etc. just as it would be made in the originating county.

I still doubt you'll find a place that makes vegemite sandwiches and fairy bread. :troll2:
Also, I've been told that you can't actually bring vegemite into America because of the sodium levels... I don't know if that's true, but its definitely a weird reason.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
If Vegemite is anything like Marmite, i want no part of it. That stuff was the worst tasting shit I've ever had. But you'd be surprised. You can find tons of stuff at world market etc. I can order Roo meat etc from butchers here.

And if that was the case with sodium, that would be so typical of America. LOL. Our food is LOADED with sodium. Just loaded. A huge reason why so many people ( including myself ) have hypertension and heart disease.

Last edited:

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
lol, thats everyones first assumption, and yes marmite is the worst shit ever, Vegemite is vegemite, there is nothing else like it. you should by some roo meat too, marinated kangaroo steaks are great, its a richer meat than beef and its apparently better for you.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
This one day I remember quite well....a bunch of friends decided to come over to my house in Manoa..everyone showed up somehow with only things grown or caught/hunted locally...smoked wild pig,poi from Haleiwa,with pickled onions from Maui,3 kinds of fish from a few minutes away at the beach...that and the fact that i lived at the property of a well known hawaiian musician, made for an awesome and pretty unique "bbq" something thats really hard to explain and I wish all you guys could experience..oh molokai sweet corn and some other stuff even the beer was made locally...

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
You guys are all missing out on this wonderful nordic dish that Minnesotans love!

Lutefisk%20lg.jpg

JK lol
:troll:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
fairy bread

Hispanics have this, but I'm not sure if it has butter. It's real good with coffee. :yes:
8314718667_32a79c6a3f_z.jpg

edit:
I'm not exactly sure what the heck it's called in spanish/English. I just know that it's under "sweet bread" at the store XD

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Pshh bro:

Cadbury+Egg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You don't understand Mike. Amoroso rolls are amazing. On anything else, a cheesesteak doesn't taste right. A guy from Philly opened a cheesesteak place in Florida hoping to get Amorosos shipped to him but it was too expensive, sadly.

Ah, Cadbury, that famous American company .... WAIT A MINUTE. I lived in Bourneville for 3 years, the home of Cadbury chocolate. I am not a fan of Belgian chocolate.

Oh, and I have to agree with y'all above in that nothing is exclusive to anywhere. Though if I had to pick a place to live for the food it would be either France or Italy, both have some damn tasty food.

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
omg, how did i survive that long without vegemit? damn im sure letting life slide right passt me:(

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
We also have Kinder eggs and if you get caught at the American border trying to bring them in they'll arrest you. Kinder eggs are a milk chocolate shell with a little put-together toy inside. I know they're available elsewhere but not allowed in U.S.A.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Last edited:

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Hispanics have this, but I'm not sure if it has butter. It's real good with coffee. :yes:
8314718667_32a79c6a3f_z.jpg

edit:
I'm not exactly sure what the heck it's called in spanish/English. I just know that it's under "sweet bread" at the store XD

that looks amazing, but it looks like a cookie of some kind.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
We have really good crabs from the bay right here.

And maryland crabcakes are a things.

Not sure if they really make them anywhere else. Not that you couldn't get them, I just don't think it's a big deal anywhere else.

Top Bottom