STOP the exploitations of shootings in America and SAVE our 2nd ammendment rights!

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
Why are people that are not living in america so concerned about wether americans have guns or not? Or how violent america is?

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Nikon, you have to learn to realize that there are people out there that are smarter than you and are more up to date even on how your country is going,
and seeing as your argument is as shallow as that of most politicians, I'm going to stop before I lose my temper trying to show how ignorant you sound.

- - - Updated - - -

and Kreubs, stop taking the constitution as the way it should be, it's outdated and I don't care that you know it by heart, I also know what's being said in there and the 2nd amendment is complete whack. Stop being so conservative and check the facts, did they have research back then proving the problems guns cause? Obviously there was no national security back then as there is now so that changes everything as well. Stop living under a rock and wake up, it's the 21st century.

By the way nice come back with the drugs part, you can see that you and Nikon are good at supporting your arguments lmao.

The comeback was meant to be a joke and not part of the actual argument.

I fail see how you telling me that I am living under a stone and not in the 21st century will get you anywhere?

And there is something wrong with being conservative? Insulting me because you don't agree with me get you nowhere, not to mention it's just another fallacy. Talk about not supporting your argument.

I have no more reason to post in this thread because it is just turning into another flame war.

Why are people that are not living in america so concerned about wether americans have guns or not? Or how violent america is?

Beats me.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
That did not answer my question

Okay, well I know America seems to have a rather insular view on international relations, and an exaggerated view of its world importance (as does the UK btw, before anyone accuses me of being hypocritical - I am well aware of this), but there are many reasons people could/should be interested in this:

(1) This was posted on a forum for people of all nationalities, where, as far as I was concerned, there are no limits on who is allowed to post on a particular thread. By all means, tell me if I am wrong, and I will leave this whole forum thing behind quicker than you can say an unspecified word. Also, if this was not intended to get any response then why post it? I feel like this is just as much a pointless thread as Rival's if that is the case.

(2) People like to make comparisons between the laws of their country and others (say, America, for example). Thus the results of having certain laws can be anticipated before implementation.

(3) The laws that America has, and the result of those laws, have an impact beyond America. The world is now a very small place. International relations are a big deal, and so are international crimes etc. etc.

(4) Political discourse and debate is a way of presenting your opinion and having someone else present theirs. Who knows, your opinion may be modified by what they say. I had my whole idea of human rights law turned around by a professor from California last week! That is three years of work just flipped on its head for me.

(5) I personally have an interest in this area/topic, and thought I may contribute to the discussion.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Look guys, you can argue all you want, fact is when it comes to guns America isn't going to change anytime soon, I mean to have something like guns that have been a massive part of their culture since day one, its too late for it to change, and obviously they don't appreciate it when people in other countries worry about the state theyre In and don't like the rate of gun violence, so even though it may be hard to watch you fellow man kill himself, we just have to, cause arguing isn't helping anyone.
Enjoy your next mass shooting America, I just wish they didn't get shown on our news, cause even though they want us to know your problems hey don't want us to suggest ways to fix them.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
Hum still doesn't rlly answer my question. And no i don't give a shit what other countries do. Most of the time its me an american having to worry about what new asshole immigrants are going to do to america to try and turn it into their own country they jst came from. I'm jst so tired of all the BS about america being a violent country that causes all the worlds problems. And for that i should not be proud of where i am from and want to change my country from what it was to what all the other countries are, and what it is turing into. It is BS to me. And trust me if it was up to me America would right now stop giving billions of dollars to every single country and just focus on America. Then everyone might just leave us alone about how much we negatively effect their country.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Steel if you.don't get nicks answer, I'll try.
Call us crazy but other countries care because turning on the radio in the morning and hearing "10 children were shot dead today." isn't a nice thing to hear. Come on man, you went to Haiti last year, what would you say to me if I said "Steel, your American, stay te fuck out of Haiti and leave them be, they aren't your problem."

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
If Haiti didn't want americans there you better believe i would leave them alone. But that is not the case americans have done nothing but help Haiti. Ok so were going back to the Connecticut thing? Ok let me remind you that school shootings are most prominent because they are a gun free place! So yeah lets jst disarm the whole country that way we can wake up to hundreds of people being shot everywhere! You need to go back and read my Problem in the Heart post again to see the cause of that is if you didn't. Guns DID NOT cause that! And if you think that shooting don't happen all over the world you are also stupid. America is just so massively broadcasted that america is the only country that would broadcast something like that all over the world. Gah i gotta stop because this is whole thing is stupid. I will keep my guns and be a red neck in america and y'all that don't like can jst hate us all you want, y'all do a very good job of it already.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Steel I've got nothing against you keeping your guns, your a good guy, but like I said, the rest of the world wants Americas laws to change because we can't help but compare our situation to yours and assume that we have less violence because we have less guns.
I'll admit that these topics are always destined to lead to flame wars, and a heads up to any American wanting to post about Americas problems, For whatever reason the rest of the fir st world has a negative view of America, I know Australia and UK for sure just have a natural inbred need to criticise America, who knows where it started, but it did, so as much as I don't like that, and as much as every American here is generally proof that we shouldn't think that way, its hard not to, forgve me.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
mexico is fucked up because its usa´s backyard. guncontrol doesnt increase crime LMFAO. look at europe, china, japan, saudi arabia.... mexicos gangproblems are far more complex than fucking gunlaws

So does this make the middle east your back yard?

I don't think that is a fair comparison.

The reasons mexico is not comparable to the usa in that regard are plentiful.

Neither is China comparable to the USA in this way. They handle crime much differently than we do in the USA. They're entire political system works differently.

Actually, gun control itself isn't where the comparison should be made. Basically it's right there. Gun control laws themselves have done very little to affect crime and violence, in general. Things like how we police our laws end up having more effect. Basically, what I think should be the focus here is that this issue of gun control reform itself is being twisted in a way that is getting very little done. It's not as if putting some law into effect is magically going to solve the problem. We need drastic, comprehensive gun control reform which includes the way gun manufacturing, sales, and regulation function in the modern world in order to fix these problems.

Another thing is to consider that if one of these laws does manage to eek its way through congress, the opposition will have screwed with it so much that it probably may as well be nonexistent in the first place.

It would just appear we are not acting proactively where we should be....

However, in some ways, we are.
For instance, I approve of Maryland's gun laws for the most part. However, Maryland (baltimore especially, I think) has been putting a lot of work into crime prevention and public safety reform more recently than other states. Maryland also legalized gay marriage this past year (w00t).

I think that past this point, it is pretty imperative that some numbers and sources get cited.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Actually i agree with Blaster. A big part of Mexico's problem is geography. It's in prime position to be the best conduit for drugs into the biggest drug market in the world. This is why the Colombians gave up Distribution despite a big loss in profits. They focus on production. The violence went way down.

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
WAAIIIIIIIIIIT

Kreubs ayfkm?

The entire point of the second amendment was to keep america armed so that we could protect ourslves against an outside threat. Militias. During WW2, for instance, the Japanese thought that every american would be armed. They were terrified.

Talk to any reputable professor of constitutional law.... The second amendment is NOT, for instance, about some bourne identity shit where the USA tries to enforce Martial Law overnight and take the world hostage and it's up to us to take down the evil empire with our previously purchased assault rifles in the basement.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually i agree with Blaster. A big part of Mexico's problem is geography. It's in prime position to be the best conduit for drugs into the biggest drug market in the world. This is why the Colombians gave up Distribution despite a big loss in profits. They focus on production. The violence went way down.

That's true, in that sense. I was saying that Mexico's gun problem related to its gun laws are entirely not comparable to our situation with our gun laws.

- - - Updated - - -

If Haiti didn't want americans there you better believe i would leave them alone. But that is not the case americans have done nothing but help Haiti. Ok so were going back to the Connecticut thing? Ok let me remind you that school shootings are most prominent because they are a gun free place! So yeah lets jst disarm the whole country that way we can wake up to hundreds of people being shot everywhere! You need to go back and read my Problem in the Heart post again to see the cause of that is if you didn't. Guns DID NOT cause that! And if you think that shooting don't happen all over the world you are also stupid. America is just so massively broadcasted that america is the only country that would broadcast something like that all over the world. Gah i gotta stop because this is whole thing is stupid. I will keep my guns and be a red neck in america and y'all that don't like can jst hate us all you want, y'all do a very good job of it already.

Actually there are lots of cops in schools. And they really help.

However, by your same logic that one of the attractions to schools is that all the kids and teachers DON'T have guns, are you aware that this implies that the best way to protect such schools is to fill them up with guns? That's ridiculous. Arming teachers? Arming who? Have you seen what kind of harm armed neighborhood watchmen do?

I would support cops in schools.

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Look guys, you can argue all you want, fact is when it comes to guns America isn't going to change anytime soon, I mean to have something like guns that have been a massive part of their culture since day one, its too late for it to change, and obviously they don't appreciate it when people in other countries worry about the state theyre In and don't like the rate of gun violence, so even though it may be hard to watch you fellow man kill himself, we just have to, cause arguing isn't helping anyone.
Enjoy your next mass shooting America, I just wish they didn't get shown on our news, cause even though they want us to know your problems hey don't want us to suggest ways to fix them.

Actually, your assumption about america is extremely stupid. You can almost bet on a new law mandating background checks for gun sales nationally. You can also bet that record-keeping and reporting will get some serious reform. And in fact, australia's gun laws have been a HOT topic in the discussion about our own gun laws. Maybe if all you do is watch big media news from america, you'd get the idea that everyone is an idiot and there aren't any good ideas on the table.

- - - Updated - - -

@D, most of central america is fucked up because of drug trafficking. Guatemala is in shit shape.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree with you that there should be some more background checks and psych evaluations but everyone who qualifies should be allowed to own a gun. No matter if it be a semi-auto assault rifle, bolt action rifle, shotgun, or hand gun. The 2nd amendment does not state that American citizens will be allowed to own firearms (except the following:....)

And actually there are PLENTY of guns that you aren't legally allowed to own. There is totally an "except the following:...." There is a line drawn, and people ARE arguing about where to draw it, and it IS going to come down to specific firearms/weapons and this IS a real issue.

Guess what though? We can't really track all the data concerning firearms use because the NRA has fucked up record-keeping and reporting so much that the data basically doesn't exist.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
STOP the exploitations of shootings in America and SAVE our 2nd ammendment righ

Non Americans get involved in this because even though it's an American problem, other countries also have to deal with the backlash and annoyance of school shootings caused by idiotic laws and your whole "2nd amendment! Freedom!" bullshit.

'Murica is less likely to repeal gun laws than they are to stop forcing religion on their children, less likely than they are to stop obese 'Muricans from using electronic shopping carts while buying more shit to stuff their faces with.

But don't worry guys, having guns is good, that's why America has such an amazingly low crime rate!!! ...right guys? Yeah?... Nah. Just no. Seriously, how the fuck can you actually believe that shit?

Ah well, that's America for you. Perhaps the next school shooter will beat Cho's high score and you idiots will stop campaigning for garbage like this.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
There is a hell of a lot more to the crime rate than the legality of firearms. I find your views incredibly short sighted, insulting and ignorant, to say the least.

Blaming mass shootings on firearms laws? Yes,because a person ready to commit mass murder ( and most likely suicide ) would be stopped because of a law.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
STOP the exploitations of shootings in America and SAVE our 2nd ammendment righ

The arrogance and flat out bigotry displayed so far in this thread is deeply disturbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Mr.Houston

Top Bottom