STOP the exploitations of shootings in America and SAVE our 2nd ammendment rights!

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
So does this make the middle east your back yard?

I don't think that is a fair comparison.

The reasons mexico is not comparable to the usa in that regard are plentiful.

Neither is China comparable to the USA in this way. They handle crime much differently than we do in the USA. They're entire political system works differently.

Actually, gun control itself isn't where the comparison should be made. Basically it's right there. Gun control laws themselves have done very little to affect crime and violence, in general. Things like how we police our laws end up having more effect. Basically, what I think should be the focus here is that this issue of gun control reform itself is being twisted in a way that is getting very little done. It's not as if putting some law into effect is magically going to solve the problem. We need drastic, comprehensive gun control reform which includes the way gun manufacturing, sales, and regulation function in the modern world in order to fix these problems.

Another thing is to consider that if one of these laws does manage to eek its way through congress, the opposition will have screwed with it so much that it probably may as well be nonexistent in the first place.

It would just appear we are not acting proactively where we should be....

However, in some ways, we are.
For instance, I approve of Maryland's gun laws for the most part. However, Maryland (baltimore especially, I think) has been putting a lot of work into crime prevention and public safety reform more recently than other states. Maryland also legalized gay marriage this past year (w00t).

I think that past this point, it is pretty imperative that some numbers and sources get cited.

what are you talking about???

1. I wasnt comparing anything...it was Nickhouston and his video comparing mexico to the U.S

2. i was the one saying from the beginning that it was a bullshit comparison.... not arguing with u on that 1 :D

3. middle east, europes backyard? WHAAAT? last time i checked it seemed more like the U.S is making it their backyard aswell lol...also, ever heard of israel?

4. how about reading my posts before giving long and "deep" replies? othervice it may happen that what u wrote somewhat doesnt have relavance:)

- - - Updated - - -

The arrogance and flat out bigotry displayed so far in this thread is deeply disturbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Mr.Houston

arrogance? i find this an interesting discussion. people from all over the world share their opinions here without any guidelines, ofcource culture shock leads to such big difference of opinions and comments. if you call that arrogance, maybe you should enter such discussions more open minded...

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
To be completely honest..the behavior displayed here and in some other threads lately have flat out disgusted me..
Offering opinions in a meaningful and thought provoking manner is one thing , continually insulting and deriding someone elses ideas and/or country is just devisive to the clan. At this point ,I'll be straight up honest and say that yesterday I honestly had enough of euro snobbery and wanted to punch some fuckers...Leading me to question my presence here.
If you can't speak to each other respectfully on such weighty matters and offer valid points without insulting an entire country,kindly shut the fuck up! (i keed) But really though,intelligent debate is one thing...picking fights is another.
We don't need further division in the clan right now...

p.s. let me rephrase that to "I was strongly affected by some statements" lol

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
It's not that disturbing to me. I can understand that most people from other countries don't really have the best grasp of what goes on in America. They have too much shit going on in their own countries, and they just hear blips and soundbytes from our end. Hard to get the whole picture that way. Best thing to do is just address the misconceptions when they arise.

However, I will agree that it's hard to find a place to start on Felon's post. It is all basically qualitative flaming of Americans based on stereotypes. Followed by basically: Guns are bad, just look at how many guns you have paired with your crime rate (no numbers or statistics given, btw). Seeing as how America (namely the ATF and CDC) can't even keep track of how much crime is due to what firearms and when (due mostly to legislation promoted and backed by the NRA), I find it hard to believe someone in Australia has a better idea about those numbers.

To get us back on track:

I believe that the statistic is something like 6 deaths due to gun misuse in the house to every 1 murder with a gun. (Again, these statistics are hard to verify, as the NRA has made it next to impossible to keep good records and share them with law-enforcement)

People also try to compare firearms-related deaths to vehicle-related deaths. I don't see the correlation there.

Last edited:

VoX

Twat Hammer
i think most of you are getting riled up about gun control, when the people who are actually funding this shit to spread this propaganda is the fucking NRA getting people to buy guns as fast as they can. Just get over it.. It's in the fucking untouchable constitution. Bunch of idiots bot Assault Rifles after Sandy Hook, cause of NRA funded fear of loss of that chance to get them. Hey, nothing has been done.. Fucking morons.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
what are you talking about???

1. I wasnt comparing anything...it was Nickhouston and his video comparing mexico to the U.S

2. i was the one saying from the beginning that it was a bullshit comparison.... not arguing with u on that 1 :D

3. middle east, europes backyard? WHAAAT? last time i checked it seemed more like the U.S is making it their backyard aswell lol...also, ever heard of israel?

4. how about reading my posts before giving long and "deep" replies? othervice it may happen that what u wrote somewhat doesnt have relavance:)

- - - Updated - - -

arrogance? i find this an interesting discussion. people from all over the world share their opinions here without any guidelines, ofcource culture shock leads to such big difference of opinions and comments. if you call that arrogance, maybe you should enter such discussions more open minded...

Well I think you failed to really understand the entirety of my post. The point of my post was to refute that it is simply gun laws that are to blame for the situations we see in relation to firearms-related crimes in a host of nations.

And I was saying, basically, that the middle east is NOT europe's back yard (not in the way you were talking about mexico). So again, no argument there.

If you want to say that I'm pretentious in the way I reply, you should say so directly, instead of qualifying my posts as "deep" sarcastically.

And, your response to someone calling a crowd arrogant is to say it was just opinions? Doesn't seem logical to me. People can be arrogant in their opinions or the ways they share them. Happens all the time.

Last edited:

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
Well I think you failed to really understand the entirety of my post. The point of my post was to refute that it is simply gun laws that are to blame for the situations we see in relation to firearms-related crimes in a host of nations.

And I was saying, basically, that the middle east is NOT europe's back yard (not in the way you were talking about mexico). So again, no argument there.

If you want to say that I'm pretentious in the way I reply, you should say so directly, instead of qualifying my posts as "deep" sarcastically.

And, your response to someone calling a crowd arrogant is to say it was just opinions? Doesn't seem logical to me. People can be arrogant in their opinions or the ways they share them. Happens all the time.

no, i wrote "deep" because many of your posts are, and if i judge the situation correct you are kinda famous for these typical theDude posts around here...however that one wasnt.

and to the 2nd thing, yes i agree some things that have been said here might not be necessary. but u know, fuck it, we all just people. i would say its pretty normal things heat up a bit in discussions like that. but at the end of the day we´re bigger than that anyway, right?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
no, i wrote "deep" because many of your posts are, and if i judge the situation correct you are kinda famous for these typical theDude posts around here...however that one wasnt.

and to the 2nd thing, yes i agree some things that have been said here might not be necessary. but u know, fuck it, we all just people. i would say its pretty normal things heat up a bit in discussions like that. but at the end of the day we´re bigger than that anyway, right?

Troof dood.

Word. Out of likes.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Some 'Fun Facts' about crime - that you have all been desperately awaiting:

- You're 66 times more likely to be prosecuted in the USA than in France - the French eh, what are they like (they also use the 2nd least soap per capita out of any European country, 2nd to who ...? Latvia!)
- If you're in Montserrat, watch your back! Nearly 1% of the population are police officers.
- Per capita, South Africa has the most assaults, rapes, and murders with firearms. - SA FTW!
- Two-thirds of the world's executions occur in China. - no real surprise there.
- America puts many more of its citizens in prison than any other nation. - something that all nations need to address, rehabilitation has been shown to be more effective in reducing re-offences for those that commit minor crimes
- Two-thirds of the world's kidnappings occur in Colombia.
- Venezuela is one of the happiest and most murderous places in the world. - happy murderers, well there is something at least.
- Russia has almost twice as many judges and magistrates as the United States. Meanwhile, the United States has 8 times as much crime. - hmm, eight times as much crime 'reported', not sure Russia is particularly efficient in that regard - just another example of how statistics can be bent.
- In the Maldives, there are more than 2 jails for every 1000 people.
- Saudi diplomats have 367 unpaid parking fines in Britain. - must be accruing some interest, and I thought they had diplomatic immunity - bloody ticket inspectors.
- In pure number terms, more crimes are committed in America than in any other nation. The same goes for burglaries, car thefts, rapes and assaults.
- The United States puts 0.7 % of its population in Prison - a vastly higher percentage than any other nation.
- India’s criminal courts acquitted over a million defendants in 1999, more than the next 48 surveyed countries combined.
- Women make up more than 10% of the prison population in only six countries: Thailand, Qatar, Paraguay, Costa Rica, and Singapore.
- People trust Swedes! Swedish companies are the world’s least-likely to be perceived as paying bribes. - Sweden FTW! - my Dad works for a swedish country.

and ...
my personal favourite stat.

- One in every three Australians is a victim of crime. - and two in every three Australians are criminals (or thats the way the joke goes ;)) - but then the UK sent all of its criminals there, am I right ............................... JOKES.

Have I lightened this thread at all...?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Some 'Fun Facts' about crime - that you have all been desperately awaiting:

- You're 66 times more likely to be prosecuted in the USA than in France - the French eh, what are they like (they also use the 2nd least soap per capita out of any European country, 2nd to who ...? Latvia!)
- If you're in Montserrat, watch your back! Nearly 1% of the population are police officers.
- Per capita, South Africa has the most assaults, rapes, and murders with firearms. - SA FTW!
- Two-thirds of the world's executions occur in China. - no real surprise there.
- America puts many more of its citizens in prison than any other nation. - something that all nations need to address, rehabilitation has been shown to be more effective in reducing re-offences for those that commit minor crimes
- Two-thirds of the world's kidnappings occur in Colombia.
- Venezuela is one of the happiest and most murderous places in the world. - happy murderers, well there is something at least.
- Russia has almost twice as many judges and magistrates as the United States. Meanwhile, the United States has 8 times as much crime. - hmm, eight times as much crime 'reported', not sure Russia is particularly efficient in that regard - just another example of how statistics can be bent.
- In the Maldives, there are more than 2 jails for every 1000 people.
- Saudi diplomats have 367 unpaid parking fines in Britain. - must be accruing some interest, and I thought they had diplomatic immunity - bloody ticket inspectors.
- In pure number terms, more crimes are committed in America than in any other nation. The same goes for burglaries, car thefts, rapes and assaults.
- The United States puts 0.7 % of its population in Prison - a vastly higher percentage than any other nation.
- India’s criminal courts acquitted over a million defendants in 1999, more than the next 48 surveyed countries combined.
- Women make up more than 10% of the prison population in only six countries: Thailand, Qatar, Paraguay, Costa Rica, and Singapore.
- People trust Swedes! Swedish companies are the world’s least-likely to be perceived as paying bribes. - Sweden FTW! - my Dad works for a swedish country.

and ...
my personal favourite stat.

- One in every three Australians is a victim of crime. - and two in every three Australians are criminals (or thats the way the joke goes ;)) - but then the UK sent all of its criminals there, am I right ............................... JOKES.

Have I lightened this thread at all...?

Thank you.

Top Bottom