New Gaming Laptop?

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
No offense... Everyone who keeps telling me to get a desktop can stop bothering to comment on this thread. It's not happening.
Thanks to the rest<3 That doesn't look so bad MC

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
build a M-ATX pc instead of a ATX one that way its small enough to carry around to LAN parties but still packs a punch.

a rough idea for you is this (the psu is a little on the large side but i could not find the old AX650)
Untitled_zps7833efba.jpg

the things you might want to change are the CPU if you dont plan to overclock, GPU if your an Nvidia fan boy, the case if you want something a little different and the RAM if you can find something faster MHZ wise in Dual Channel specs. also i never add keyboard and mouse because thats going to come down to what you like/want but if it was me id be looking at a mechanical keyboard with some cherry black or blue switches. you might also not need the 256gb SSD and may want to get the 128gb version to save some extra money but id keep with the samsung 840 pro series tho.

the screen shot list would be pretty much the way i would go tho depending on your ssd size needs etc

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Actually having a more intense laptop where you can have a 10 hour gaming session of Skyrim at the airport is pretty nice.

Sorry but your never going to find a gaming laptop with 10 hour battery life even under light-moderate use, you might get 2 or 3 while playing if you are lucky.
And finding an empty outlet at an airport? Good luck with that! So a gaming laptop is very impractical if you plan on taking it with on a trip. They are big, heavy and when away from an outlet don't last long.

Last edited:

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Sorry but your never going to find a gaming laptop with 10 hour battery life even under light-moderate use, you might get 2 or 3 while playing if you are lucky.
And finding an empty outlet at an airport? Good luck with that! So a gaming laptop is very impractical if you plan on taking it with on a trip. They are big, heavy and when away from an outlet don't last long.

Do you even lift? They are not that heavy much lighter than a desktop. I may have been exaggerating on the 10 hour battery life but I can always find an outlet in the airport its not that hard! Its not just airports being able to just sit down anywhere and play your games is pretty sweet.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea, you will be around an outlet at most occasions where you find yourself sitting down for serious gaming.

Having a nice laptop is a really good thing.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Another point for desktop is that it will stay current longer and be easily upgradeable in the future.

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
I would say get a desktop, because you can always customize the specs and build it the way you want.

Can't do that with laptops though :B as far as I know.

Top Bottom