Good job America!

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
I prefer and use the metric system! Its a more accurate system and it makes more sense...yes ik ik stay on topic, srry i had to. lol.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
The metric system would most likely be utilized if it wasn't for the actual cost of converting.

Whether it be something for school like rulers, or something for the general public, such as road markers. Over all, it'd cost quite a bit to replace. Imagine every mile/hr sign having to be replaced by kilometers/hr. Every exit ### 2 Miles away having to be changed. It'd be a very slow and pricey conversion. Otherwise I'm sure it'd be embraced fairly quickly.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
The Metric system make a whole lot more sense if you ask me. I'm glad we use it over here.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
The Imperial system is actually not that odd, in terms of navigation it is better than the metric system. While the Metric system is better for smaller measurements, when it comes to large distances, the mile (Nautical Mile) is more accurate. 1 Nautical mile is one minute latitude/longitudinal of arc and is the equivalent of 1.15 miles (6072 feet) and 1.8 KM (1852 Meters).

I use both systems because of living in Europe, but overall I like the US Imperial better. The thing to know about the Imperial system is that, unlike the metric system which is based on decimals, the Imperial system is fractional. 1/4 a gallon is a quart, 1/8 is a pint, 1/16 is a cup, 1/128 is an ounce etc. (even easier if you know computer memory stuff lol.)

Even the Romans used miles XD (which is like, 0.9 something standard miles)

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
most fine measurements are done with metric.

Or we could just take a hint from the drug industry and use a hybrid of both. Grams, ounces, kG, Lbs.!

But back to on topic!

Top Bottom