Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
Paige and I were supposed to work on a line up for the next KTD for this Saturday. Something that has done well and brought the krew together both in game and on TS3 for a good time. We cannot do that with the server being as is. I cannot speak for scrim as I don't work on that with her but I'd imagine the same reasoning applies. Until something gives with the lag there will be no KTD scheduled as the server is unplayable. This saddens me as I enjoyed helping to bring KTD to the krew.

I don't think Xepher was trying to be a dick at all. MC is important to you and many others. KTD and LA servers in general are important to Paige, Xepher, and myself to name a few. There has to be a middle ground here. I say we hold our horses and wait for Wally's input on this. I believe there's a way for us all to be happy.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I'm pretty sure a scrim could be held on a NY server such as bolts. The CFG or console commands may need a bit of tweaking so everything runs smoothly, but I'm sure it's doable and too difficult. Wally could also shut the MC server down for the hour or so the KTD runs.

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
WaLLy told me that KTD server was going to be used for scrims as well. Seeing as how I have everything I need to not only run the scrims, but make changes as necessary. LA servers get played on quite a bit, and for some it's the only servers they can play on without extreme lag. Now some of our members can't play on any of our servers and have a good time because they lag too much.

Not only does the server lag a lot, but it takes probably a good minute for maps to start loading when it changes.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
As i said, i think we've established the issue. Yes there is lag. Yes it's unplayable. We get the point.

There are easy fixes as far as i can tell.

KTD was allocated for a scrim, fine. If another server needs to be tweaked a bit and used for a month or two, no big thing. If MC needs to be shut down a couple of times for an hour, no big thing. Easy solutions are available. It's not a huge deal.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
It's only temporary folks. I had to move MC away from NY as S1 had more use than LA. Minecraft, in my view, was used more often in the 4-5 or so days that it was moved to LA. Don't believe me? Check gametracker. (stats are only available as of Sat, as that's when I had added it to gametracker)

I noticed the lag spike yesterday as soon as bukkit was installed, other than that, there were no complaints. It might have been because of the lack of usage of the LA servers or the stock MC didn't really cause any issues.

However, it was a test phase and apologies it has taken this long. I've been quite limited the last week or so.

I will shoot to have MC moved tomorrow morning to its final home.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
Sorry everyone this is prolly my fault mainly because i have been in there for several hours over the last couple days, and a lot of that time it was just me in there. If I am in there and you are trying to play in LA servers just ask me to stop playing so y'all can play in LA without experiencing lag. And i know how bad it can get so i understand all the complaining.

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
Sorry everyone this is prolly my fault mainly because i have been in there for several hours over the last couple days, and a lot of that time it was just me in there. If I am in there and you are trying to play in LA servers just ask me to stop playing so y'all can play in LA without experiencing lag. And i know how bad it can get so i understand all the complaining.

Aw Steel, no need to say sorry. These things happen.. it's OK. As I keep saying, I have faith in Batman that he will find a comfortable medium for everyone so that we can all be happy playing what we enjoy. Glad you like MC and are enjoying it. :luv:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Minecraft in LA will be no more. I have backed up the current world and in the process of migrating it to the new host. There's currently a snag as the port isn't set to the default (I'm being picky here), and that's currently under an open support ticket.

*crosses-fingers* it should be resolved soon.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Thank you very much WaLLy. Now everyone can stop raging about having laggy LA servers for only 2 days!

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Thank you very much WaLLy. Now everyone can stop raging about having laggy LA servers for only 2 days!

You really don't understand crap do you?

We had no idea if MC on LA was permanent or temporary.
We didn't know if we'd be able to hold a KTD/Scrim this month.
We weren't informed of when and where the server would be moved.

You replied early saying it "wasn't that bad" when you hadn't even played on the server to know. Please become informed before posting. Please actually try the stuff out before commenting on the experience you didn't have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom