First Amendment

MrDubmoney

Private First Class
I am a very political person, piss off a lot of people in the process at my school but thats life.

Anyway, the U.S. government (in all of their smartness) has passed a bill that makes it a criminal offense to protest in front of, in, or near government buildings and politicians.

I am ashamed to be an American because of this. The first amendment explicitly states there shall be no laws prohibiting free speech or the right to assembly. The even sadder thing is over 300 congressmen voted in favor of this bill.

The reason why this bill was created is what I think for one reason. As V for Vendetta said: "People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.” That is why this bill was passed, they're afraid.

Wendell/Dubmoney

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
That's crazy man. I haven't heard about that. Did they give any reasons why they thought it was a good idea? Do you think that's good that the government is starting to fear us?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It's not just any government building.

The new legislation would make it a federal offense for anyone to protest or assemble without permission on grounds where the Secret Service is protecting a government official or any building or grounds “restricted in conjunction with an event designated as a special event of national significance".

Just to clear things up.

tombraider

K3's social Media Rep.
|K3| Member
I am a very political person, piss off a lot of people in the process at my school but thats life.

Anyway, the U.S. government (in all of their smartness) has passed a bill that makes it a criminal offense to protest in front of, in, or near government buildings and politicians.

I am ashamed to be an American because of this. The first amendment explicitly states there shall be no laws prohibiting free speech or the right to assembly. The even sadder thing is over 300 congressmen voted in favor of this bill.

The reason why this bill was created is what I think for one reason. As V for Vendetta said: "People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.” That is why this bill was passed, they're afraid.

Wendell/Dubmoney

i love you for qouting v!
and i agree its bullshit! i think we should pay congress men minimum wage so its people who actuslly want to help. insted of being there for the greed

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
The U.S. government is corrupt, selfish, and just plain stupid. I'm already mad that they did not pass the plans for a oil pipeline from Canada to be made, but this pushes the limit.

Let's see how many protests outside government buildings this will create!

I sure hope this is a good election year. Congress needs an overhaul.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It's the main part of the law.

Sometimes limiting protests and assembly isnt a bad thing. People i think forget that free speech doesn't mean free speech without consequences. Look up the law that prohibits groups from protesting within 300 feet of soldiers funerals. Very good law , IMO. Obviously this is different and I'm not defending this current law. Just pointing out another example.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Wow fuck this. Another bill that got passed without any media attention. This is absolute bullshit, and Obama is a piece of shit for not vetoing this.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Wow fuck this. Another bill that got passed without any media attention. This is absolute bullshit, and Obama is a piece of shit for not vetoing this.

Yeah man it is complete bull shit and it shouldn't happen in a "free" nation, how free are we really? It doesn't get media attention because the corporations that owns the media also runs our government, so when something they want to get through with laws or regulations WITHOUT attention tell the media not to publish it. Look, our government is not our government, and we (the people) are not in control, we are controlled by corporations and banks that own the white house, that are funneled money for power and it's called Fascism.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea..... That's retarded........

/me goes to DC to protest.

And blu, while we are controlled by those things, we are also controlled by ignorance and apathy. If we the people united, we would be in control.

SoftScope

Staff Sergeant
I am also quite into politics...and well fuck THAT...Seems like there are a lot of laws recently restricting our freedom.

tombraider

K3's social Media Rep.
|K3| Member
were as free as the govt wants to make us... witch is as free as there corrupt selves wish it. theyll do anything to make it so hey can hide behind the law

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yea..... That's retarded........

/me goes to DC to protest.

And blu, while we are controlled by those things, we are also controlled by ignorance and apathy. If we the people united, we would be in control.

I couldn't agree more Dude, ignorance and either ignoring the problems or not being involved in them is the reasons these things are happening...

I am also quite into politics...and well fuck THAT...Seems like there are a lot of laws recently restricting our freedom.

Yea this seemed to really start when 9/11 and the Patriot Act, what's patriotic about it? lol, it allows the gov to eavesdrop on anything they want with no warrant at all, now that's freedom :|

were as free as the govt wants to make us... witch is as free as there corrupt selves wish it. theyll do anything to make it so hey can hide behind the law

I agree with this to a point, the government does control us but I don't see it as "much as THEY want". More like it's how much and how far we the people will go along with it. As long as people keep submitting to things like TSA patdowns in airports they will go farther to take more rights. The thing you need to know about tyranny is when they take your rights, they want it all and they will do the distance to get it all.

One of two things will happen, people will either completely submit to government until every single right is taken away or they will stand up and protest against what the government is doing, which side are you going to be on?

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Sadly we elect officials into office that never even read or don't even believe in our constitution. And our schools don't even teach real history anymore. They are too busy indoctrinating children with global warming, sex ed at 5 yrs old and social justice.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Sadly we elect officials into office that never even read or don't even believe in our constitution. And our schools don't even teach real history anymore. They are too busy indoctrinating children with global warming, sex ed at 5 yrs old and social justice.

Yep more bull shit huh (I'm agreeing). There are people that do think that global warming is real, but for me what they want to do with it is a complete scam, just ask Al Gore he's the one that wants to tax carbon dioxide which they tell us is bad for the earth even though the levels of it are the lowest in the past several hundred years and it's also what plants breath....

Sex ed at 5 years old, what 5 year old needs to learn about sex... really?, yeah it's complete BS man

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Coming to a future near you.

Last edited by a moderator:

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Are you seriously complaining about airport patdowns? If they didn't happen, and a plane full of people got blown up because of it, I'm sure you would say that "omg bad government y u no do patdowns."

Top Bottom