which desk design do you think is better?

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
got my GPU water block today but the reservoir is yet to turn

DSC_0035_zps2fa8ad60.jpg

DSC_0037_zps82fe298b.jpg

all the water block together apart from the CPU block

DSC_0038_zps539c984c.jpg

im hoping the res will turn up before the new year not that it matters to much as i still need to get a CPU block, Rads and Pump

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
small update

marked out the space for the window that will be in the desk surface and the plexiglass has been ordered for that as well but wont be here till the first or second week of Jan
DSC_0042_zps7334fd10.jpg

the space inside the masking tape is the space that will be cut out for the window. the masking tape should just help to see the cut lines and i should i have marked out before i put it in primer

also thinking of braiding my cables in these to keep the black, white and blue theme going
550-paracord-us-contractor-urban-camo-4783-p1_zpsb3c9357a.jpg

550-paracord-us-gov-t-gsa-compliant-contractor-blue-1182-p1_zps6a6df4bb.jpg

also looking for your thoughts on which fittings go better with the waterblocks and white tubing
nickel:-
1640406-a1_zpsc9726411.jpg

or Black: -
1372306-a1_zps8e64ee22.jpg

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
I think the nickel fittings would look better, adds a bit more shine to it ;)

you know i was thinking black but you could be right about shine as most of the nickel on the blocks will be out of sight

also had the reservoir turn up today
DSC_0045_zps2a8902cb.jpg

DSC_0046_zps9c1ef939.jpg

just need to work out where i want it and then find away to mount it

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah Pug, you going to have lights on the inside too right?, I don't wanna go through all the posts again lol.

If so then IMO the nickel would be best, that's what I would do anyways ;)

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Yeah Pug, you going to have lights on the inside too right?, I don't wanna go through all the posts again lol.

If so then IMO the nickel would be best, that's what I would do anyways ;)

yer going to have lights inside as well. other wise its so dark in there you can not see anything lol.

yer i think im going to go for the nickel ones as some kind person has just told me that the plating comes off the black ones easy and then they end up silver anyway

also been messing around with the res looking for some where to put it and came up with these ideas so far of course thats unless some one else has anything else . the photos are not to good as they were taken on my phone as normal (because im to lazy to get the DSLR out) and the plexi reflected the light back from the flash.

option one: - mounted on the back wall of the lower part
[IMGhttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii131/pugsport85/Desk/DSC_0048_zps1a32becf.jpg[/IMG]

option two: - in the centre of the lower part. hoping if i did this i could get it up high enough to mount the pump under it or maybe just in front to help with the tubing runs
DSC_0049_zpsa89feba0.jpg

of course this option left me with a problem of how do you mount the res. i had thought of maybe a bracket from the floor or roof that i could screw the mounts to but then thought that option would not look to good. so the idea is to use some 40mm round Perspex rod with two slots machined in to it so that the mounts can be screwed in there and the res mounted to that. the Perspex rod could also be lite up with LED's to provide some lighting in the lower part.

this is the sort of Perspex rod i was thinking of
T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3KfuB8BP43hsmpUg60_121_zpsaf7b896a.jpg

option three: - i like the look of it here but getting good flow out of it would be hard unless the pump was mounted under this section
DSC_0051_zps2498f1ed.jpg

althought i could mount it the same way up on the roof but this could mean large amounts of tubing on show which im trying to avoid due to it looking a mess

Of course before some one says anything the fan was just there to raise the res up alittle to give a better idea of the veiw you would get throw the window

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
well i spent a little more time this morning marking out for the window that will be in the desk surface area as im hoping it will be here today or monday.

DSC_0056_zps7b26e74d.jpg

the inside line of masking tape to the blue line will be the window size and the outter line of masking tape might have a slot routered into it to allow me to place some leds in there for some light (i did not really want to place leds or lights pointing up as it might limit the veiw) the slot will also give me a place to run the wires so they dont hang down in veiw and from the slot they will then run out the back throw another slot thats in the surface behind the lid and down. if there is a dark area at the back of the window/motherboard then i may put some leds in the rear panel but angle then downwards

- - - Updated - - -

also put my tv back on the wall today as well which has made my desk feel alot wider with out having the tv base there and also looks alot better imo.

DSC_0058_zps9304e151.jpg

DSC_0060_zps124c66bf.jpg

had to use the smallest 10mm drill bit in the world as well as i could not find anything else and the cordless was not having any of it

DSC_0057_zpsa952f762.jpg

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
well finaly had my perspex turn up today so got that fitted but never had time to do the lighting so thats a job for tomorrow

few quick photos

DSC_0071_zps422c3de3.jpg

DSC_0072_zpsf9f8722c.jpg

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
sorted out the lighting in the top part of the case now. Using 6 LED's which dose not seem to be to bright but bright enough for you to be able to see whats inside.

veiw from above

DSC_0076_zps2f49deb6.jpg

veiw from the front. The SSD i now going to be moved as i dont like it there and i think it will end up being hidden out of sight as i can not think of any where else to put it

DSC_0077_zps2e6353c5.jpg

i also got my EK GPU back plate today which is the first EK product thats turned up and im not happy with the finish on. its got a good few chips on that someone has taken a permant marker to

DSC_0079_zps154fe63d.jpg

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Looking good! Apart from the stock intel fan XD

thats stock intel is fine :) will be replaced by watercooling. and now i have time again gotta get cracking on with finishing some projects

change a few things a while ago

first thing i changed was removing the optical drive bays as i dont use them, so can now run 120mm fans in the front of the case and have a better veiw from the front perspex

also looking in from the top there seems more room, also want to make a start on covering the inside of this next week, after i work out cable runs etc

also made this up as

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
due to the change of design i had no where to put my fan controller and power switches so ive been designing something to house this stuff and came up with this

top view of housing

front view of housing

it will house the following stuff

Top face will house -
Power switch: - 16mm DimasTech momentary - white LED ring - will use the LED for power light
Rest switch: - 16mm DimasTech momentary - white LED ring - will use the LED for hard drive activity light
The two above switches are these : -

Upper pc area lighting: - 16mm DimasTech Latching - white LED ring - will use the LED for when the lighting is on
Lower pc area lighting: - 16mm DimasTech Latching - white LED ring - will use the LED for when the lighting is on
The two above switches are these: -
would have all four switches in black with white LEDs but i could not find anything in stock

Two USB 3.0 ports: - stock one that came with my motherboard unless i find something better

Fan controller: - Lamptron CW611 6 channel fan controller - will run all 16 radiator fans and all 3 or 4 system fans
fan controller looks like this: -

The front face will house -

3 x temperature sensor screens - xspc LCD temp v2 - these 3 will be used to measure temps in the upper and lower part of the pc area along with hard drives
the above sensors and screens will look like this: -

2 x temperature sensor screens - xspc 1/4" thread - these will be used to measure water temp as it leaves radiator one and then radiator two
the above sensors will look like this: -

both sensor screen when light up will use the black back ground and white numbers like this: -
fits the black and white theme well

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
quick update to the panel as i forgot to add the fillport, not sure if it looks right there so i may do away with the hard drive temp sensor and move the switches on to the front face, leaving room for the fillport where the switches were

thoughts on the fillport location?

Top Bottom