Where do you guys get your sources from?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Where do you guys get your sources from?

I wont name any names here, but some here have totally different views from others on anything related to politics.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone, I'm just trying to learn and make my own decision without having someone trying to force what they believe (or think) in. I know that'll be hard but whatever.

Have at it. I need sources!

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I find John Stuart to be the most honest ,straight up source of news ,sad to say that but it's true

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this one, but I get most of mine from www.infowars.com and www.drudgereport.com, both are very valuable for me and have direct links to the sources they get their information from. I know some of you think that infowars is very right extreme, and maybe it is but there are many sources out there that are very left extreme also, just depends on what you believe I guess.

I rarely ever watch major media like ABC, CBS, Fox News, etc.... because they only tell you what they want you to hear, not what's really going on out there and I want to know what's going on, hope this helps ;)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I find the best way to make a serious debate or be the most informed on a topic is to read or listen to as many different points of view as possible and then come to your own conclusion. It seems a lot of people just listen to or read what reinforces their own opinions and have already made up their minds that the other side is always wrong. I think thats one of the biggest issues i see in reading peoples comments around the net. Screw the tea party, screw the Dems, screw the Republicans, screw whoever because they don't think like i do and my way is right, yours is wrong.

IMO, people should embrace and try to understand each others point of views and work together to come to a real solution instead of hard lining one way or another.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I find the best way to make a serious debate or be the most informed on a topic is to read or listen to as many different points of view as possible and then come to your own conclusion. It seems a lot of people just listen to or read what reinforces their own opinions and have already made up their minds that the other side is always wrong. I think thats one of the biggest issues i see in reading peoples comments around the net. Screw the tea party, screw the Dems, screw the Republicans, screw whoever because they don't think like i do and my way is right, yours is wrong.

IMO, people should embrace and try to understand each others point of views and work together to come to a real solution instead of hard lining one way or another.

I agree D, I know you think that what I read is mainly one sided and maybe for the most part it is aimed more towards the left (I'm sure it is), but that is also one of the BIG things that I like about Drudge is that he's non-bias, because I read a lot of stuff on his site that is for all sides basically, and this website is very elementary (meaning the layout, no fancy graphics, etc...) but gets millions and millions of hits per day and billions per year, there is something for sure he's doing right! :lmao:

P.S. Damage, I know me and you don't agree on a lot of stuff, but I still :luv: ya ;)

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this one, but I get most of mine from www.infowars.com and www.drudgereport.com, both are very valuable for me and have direct links to the sources they get their information from. I know some of you think that infowars is very right extreme, and maybe it is but there are many sources out there that are very left extreme also, just depends on what you believe I guess.

I rarely ever watch major media like ABC, CBS, Fox News, etc.... because they only tell you what they want you to hear, not what's really going on out there and I want to know what's going on, hope this helps ;)

Mine is basically the same. Drudge is the best out there IMO. One of the main things I love about it is it's such an easily set up site and non-biased that you can't really not trust it. Like Blu said they get millions of hits every day and it's just getting bigger. Also they're droid app is also very easily set up and simple. If you don't like inforwars, I bet $100 that you would like drudge for sure.

Try it out! :hi5:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I look at every viable candidates positions and track records before making any types of decisions on how I vote. I don't care about color, religion, sex or scandals (unless it's a real bad thing like that murdering scumbag Ted Kennedy). This info I find in all kinds of places, and since I became eligible to vote I've only missed 2 elections:adolf:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I think, if you were to do any real research, you would have to stick to journals and magazines that are open to to the body of peer reviewing. I know it would be a lot of work, but really, if you want to get educated, you go to a university library (whether online or not) and just look through their catalog and read up something written by someone who knows what they are talking about. These are the sources that serve as the basis for any real intellectual debate (at least the majority of the basis).

The best thing you can do is find information that is free of editorializing and provides QUICK and EASY access to the information it quotes (as a method for people to check its legitimacy). Any REAL paper will provide this information readily and in great detail.

I find that the problem with most people (not just americans at all) is that there is SO MUCH information out there, that the task of looking at it all and making your OWN decision about it is simply too hard. People settle for some degree of having someone else tell them what to think. The process is simply masked in one way or another. Many news stations will simply pick and choose which information is important for their viewers to see, thereby (whether knowingly or not) shaping their views on the subjects discussed. FOX is a perfect example of this, though they also editorialize like crazy. Even in interviews from the news team itself, most times the questions asked by reporters or the topics discussed will prevent anything that might piss off their viewers from being said. I have even seen anchors cut off the people they are interviewing to prevent them from further explaining a "distasteful" idea.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Infowars is theh right set up, possibly, but it is completely biased and unverifiable. You could never use that site as a source of primary information in a paper about anything in the world except for maybe a paper about news sites.

Really the best way to check the legitimacy of a source is to ask yourself "Could I use this information in a research paper and not have my teacher jumping on me for it's illegitimacy, and if so, how would i even cite it?" I know it MAY seem drastic, but it really isn't, at all.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I strongly dislike Inforwars. Some of the stuff i see posted there baffles me to no end.

I've never heard of Drudge but i will check it out. Ah. Very nice and simple layout indeed.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
5. Mix of websites to get a broad view of news subjects to form my own opinion not based on a single news outlet.

That's exactly what Drudge Report is. They report anything from MSNBC to Fox News so they're not biased one bit on either side. Like Damage said, it's simple and very easily laid out. I read it almost every day. I really don't see what the problem with infowars is. In pretty much every single article that's made on there, there are multiple links to different sources for proof and information. Everyone has their own opinions though and very much entitled to them.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I strongly dislike Inforwars. Some of the stuff i see posted there baffles me to no end.

Can you give an example? I don't see what the big deal is with Infowars that you guys hate so much, Dude said it's completely biased, as I said it is very left sided but they do have sources and he also said that the info they post is unverifiable, care to name some of it?

Like Brian said Drudge is a very simple and easy layout and is very good, hell even a 5 yr old can figure that site out lol, which is the point, make it easy for people to get have their cake and eat it too ;)

Top Bottom