Currently, who is your pick for President?

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I think me and Total are the only serious ones. And I agree with felon somewhat that politics has become a joke which is really sad. Considering they run our country you would think the American people would be more serious about it. I guess the huge deficit, debt and spending problems that our government has doesn't bother anyone else here. All I can say is that if we get that disaster in the white house again called Obama then we deserve what we get.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I think we should all focus on constantly educating ourselves, rather than simply arguing clumsily about things we don't really know enough facts about.

Since I am smart enough to know that I do NOT know enough to make a good decision, I talked about other things. I was quite serious about the Georgia thing. It really pisses me off that many russians still have the arrogance to talk shit on Georgians.

American and global politics are huge and complex things. People spend their entire lives simply studying these things. Any one of us who thinks they know everything that's going on and they have the "real scoop" on anything is simply mislead, ignorant, and full of themselves.

So, instead of these dogmatic arguments about Obama and other evil forces, a productive argument in which ALL parties exercise self-doubt and humility would be nice. Until then, I will crack jokes. It doesn't mean I don't care. It means I care enough to consider the possibility that all my views are completely wrong and I have no right to be throwing them at other people just yet. An uneducated, ignorant, and/or dogmatic voter is a weapon against and a plague on democracy. This makes them indirectly a plague on their fellow men.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I think I might run for President. We all have our opinions, but if you don't care for this topic TD, GETT OUTT!!! Just playing...I see where you are coming from; it's not like a didn't expect anyone to joke.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
An uneducated, ignorant, and/or dogmatic voter is a weapon against and a plague on democracy. This makes them indirectly a plague on their fellow men.

Thank you very much.

I do completely agree with this. It doesn't take a genius to see what is happening to our country, you just gotta look for it. I do agree that half, if not more than that, the American people are uneducated about politics and that's one of our biggest problems.. people simply just don't care anymore until they are directly affected by it. I believe they will not care until/unless something really big happens to the US.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
If we keep going on the path we are headed, something big will happen. Hopefully, I'll have my own private island by that time; you all can come. The Americans that care now will be the people getting shit done though.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I think it's going to move very slowly and nothing hue is going to happen unless it happens initially in the economic sector.

I think more than 90% of americans are insufficiently educated about history, economics, politics, and current events. So much so, that they are sheep controlled by the media in one way or another, whether directly or indirectly.

The important truths and ideas are just so much less appealing to the public than big scandals and big news, so people focus on the wrong things and have very skewed views of the world. The important truths do not end with big, obvious moral messages. They do not involve huge battles between dark and light forces. There is no evil empire. There are just a bunch of people all scrambling around trying to get what they want in this world, and we have to learn how to find our place and sift through the mess. Once you start blaming one group for all your troubles, you simply turn a blind eye to the facts. It's too easy that way.

I assure you, for problems that affect the whole country, there is almost always more than enough blame to go around.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Can someone answer, which of the candidates will rape me less?

Only interested in, more money towards education, spending less on other crap (mainly the damn war and trying to enrich other countries when we're screwed up as it is), and uummmmm faster Interwebs! And I don't care if they raise the income taxes just as long as it goes to something rather good. Gets rid of welfare and food stamps (wishful thinking).

Which candidate fits the bill or is at least closest to it?

PS. I can't vote (I'm only a resident alien in these here parts :K). Wish I could though. Least I get to tell the wife "Go vote for this old man." :D

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
All the candidates are going to rape you somehow. Wait, so you pay taxes, but you cannot vote?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Technically, no I don't pay taxes. I itemize a bunch of stuff (Schedule-A) which results in breaking even or a nice fat refund check. Thank goodness for being a homeowner.

And I can't vote because I'm not a citizen. I was born in El Salvador (never going back, this country is the shiznit, y0!) and currently hold a green card, :w00t:! That's why I would tell the wife who to vote for. :D

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
:p Are you going to get your citizenship anytime soon so you can vote? (and pay taxes).

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I'd like a candidate that will expose some of the bullshit that is happening within our government.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
:haha: Tras. The funny thing is that you live in Spain! I like the Sim City reference of the 9-9-9 plan though!

JohnRyAn

|KKK|JohnRyAn
|K3| Member
Only interested in, more money towards education, spending less on other crap (mainly the damn war and trying to enrich other countries when we're screwed up as it is), and uummmmm faster Interwebs! And I don't care if they raise the income taxes just as long as it goes to something rather good. Gets rid of welfare and food stamps (wishful thinking).

Good ideas Wally. You would make a good candidate. I would vote for you. :D

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
So, Super Tuesday is tommorow, who is your pic? I like Newt, but Romney might win because of the money he has to campaign.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Whats so super about it. Seems like a normal day to me. Then again it hasnt happened so maybe it will be super :|

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I just want whoever Blu is picking cuz I don't think I can take another 4 years of Blu being pissed :troll2:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
This is why I don't make hardly any political posts at all Ethan cuz most people here don't give a shit and kids around like it's a big joke. I guess if you don't give a shit about the way you're country is ran and the direction it's going then those people won't care.

Anyways, my top two would either be Ron Paul or Newt Gingrich so far.. There's still alot of time left too though.

Since politics is just a huge slap fight between grown men:

-He doesn't like gays!
-He voted for SOPA!
-He cut 2400 jobs last year!

It pretty much is a bigger joke than Rebecca Black or Justin Beiber

I personally prefer Mr. Rodgers. He always polietly takes his shoes off and takes his coat off when he enters a house. So polite.

RaZeR

Sergeant
most of the republican party is a bunch of idiots (nothing new) especially the guy who wants to send the troops back to iraq! DUMBASS!

Top Bottom