Fuck you google. Fuck you

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Blu I'm sick and tired of you telling me how informed you are and how uninformed i am. Why am i uninformed? Because i don't watch FOX news , listen to Glenn beck and read infowars and prison planet? Gimmie a break. You're such of a single mind when it comes to these things it's laughable. Try looking at all sides of an equation instead of reading and listening to people who reinforce your opinions. The NWO is a conspiracy THEORY, which is just that, a theory. If you choose to be right wing and believe that crap then fine, but don't tell me i don't know whats "going on" because i don't subscribe to your way of thinking, don't watch the news and don't engage in political rants all the time. Thats' just ignorant. Anyone can see a NWO and give endless examples if that's all they see in things and go in already believing it. Look at fact from all angles with an open mind, then make a decision. You seem quite jaded and of a singular mindset.

Some stranger is going to know everything about me? You're right , i wouldn't care. What difference does it make. How is it any way going to affect me? Probably in no way. Besides if it's some stranger, why would he be gathering all my information anyway? Doesn't make much sense. I mean whats he going to know? My age, the places I've lived etc? Who cares. Anyone can find that information out about most anyone else. I could hire a PI, spend a few hundred bux or a grand and know everything about you. So what? In the end is it really going to make a difference or affect ones life? For the most part, i doubt it.

Last edited:

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah I'm not surprised at all with it, I actually expected it more than not. Like you guys have said they're a tech giant now so what more could you expect from them? They've dominated the search engine market, to say the least, and they want more. Any person or business that's money or power hungry ALWAYS wants more, that's a fact I'm sure we all know.

I guess the only thing we could do is stop using their service. And yes, it's hard since they've got so much control over so many things now and it'll probably just get worse. That's the best thing about staying informed on these things, is that you know. And no, you don't have to go to some "so called" radically right winged site to find these things out. The proof is what blu posted.. CNN is DEFINITELY not right winged by any means! Just do your own research, like blu said the proof is everywhere.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Lol, do you honestly believe Google is trying to "control" your home because they are developing devices that allow you to interact with your appliances? Thats just ludicrous and paranoid. Not to mention the technology is nothing new. I have a remote that controls like 20 devices, is Logitech trying to take me over as well! Creating a single device that lets you turn your lights on from upstairs, what is the world coming to! Build your bunkers now, the apocalypse is near!

AVC

Banned
Also, didn't anyone ever notice how Google came out of no where and before you knew it, it was the major search engine on the web? I was curious about it but never looked in to it, but I'm glad I know the things about Google now that I do, it's helped change my ways for sure ;)

Basically, Google was the first to base searches and ranking on how many other sites were linked to yours, which was ground breaking. Now they are so big, it's impossible to compete against.

But hey, you have credit cards right? Every time you spend money, the card provider knows how much and where, and most likely what. They have been gathering that sort of marketing information for decades.

Besides which, Google doesn't want all this information so they can take over the world and turn us all into zombies to invade the neighbouring planet. It's about marketing. The more information they have on who is searching what and why, the more market share of advertising they have. And it's targeted advertising.

As you know we have a shop. We could put an ad in the paper. We know what the circulation is, but how do I know anyone even reads the ad? I don't. we can put flyers in letterboxes, I know where they are going, but they could be getting binned. If we run a Google adwords campaign, we can target people that are searching for our product. And we only pay Google if they are clicking on the link to our site.

It's about making money for advertising. On a large scale. We are all small scale, they don't really give a shit what we are doing individually.

The government already knows everything about you. Where your accounts are, how much you get paid, driving record, education record, medical record.

The big corporations want to make big money, not control what you do. They want to influence where you spend your cash. The rest of it they couldn't give two shits about.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Nice post AVC. I agree 100%. The goal of any business is to make money and expand, period. If Google happens to be the biggest, baddest dog on the block, so be it. It's only logical they would want to continue to grow, develop, and market new technology. To actually think they are trying to control every aspect of your life is just utterly ridiculous and highly paranoid IMO.

Last edited:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Basically, Google was the first to base searches and ranking on how many other sites were linked to yours, which was ground breaking. Now they are so big, it's impossible to compete against.

But hey, you have credit cards right? Every time you spend money, the card provider knows how much and where, and most likely what. They have been gathering that sort of marketing information for decades.

Besides which, Google doesn't want all this information so they can take over the world and turn us all into zombies to invade the neighbouring planet. It's about marketing. The more information they have on who is searching what and why, the more market share of advertising they have. And it's targeted advertising.

As you know we have a shop. We could put an ad in the paper. We know what the circulation is, but how do I know anyone even reads the ad? I don't. we can put flyers in letterboxes, I know where they are going, but they could be getting binned. If we run a Google adwords campaign, we can target people that are searching for our product. And we only pay Google if they are clicking on the link to our site.

It's about making money for advertising. On a large scale. We are all small scale, they don't really give a shit what we are doing individually.

The government already knows everything about you. Where your accounts are, how much you get paid, driving record, education record, medical record.

The big corporations want to make big money, not control what you do. They want to influence where you spend your cash. The rest of it they couldn't give two shits about.

I agree with this, but if they get into the home environment, they can also study which products you use and how much, more data and more money for them to sell. I doubt they are trying to control us in our own home though.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

nicely said AVC.
you guys are just being silly IMO.

Unless google is writing me annual checks, they will NOT get my personal info any longer.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
What difference does it make if they study and know which products you use? Sounds more helpful then harmful. If they are going to target me for advertising, id like to at least be shown the brands and things i prefer using.

No one is forcing you or anyone else to buy products regardless of how much data a company has. People have free will and can choose how they want to spend their money. I still don't see how they are making money by having your personal information. Explain.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Don't some websites sell your info to companies, so you get junk mail, spam on the email, and other things? That could possibly how Google might be making money off of our info. I don't know though, quote me if I'm wrong.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Doesn't anyone worry about what could happen if this sort of power fell into the hands of other people not quite as innocent and harmless as our friends at Google?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Is Google the only company that can create this massive power to be stolen and used against us? Probably not.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Is Google the only company that can create this massive power to be stolen and used against us? Probably not.

I think it's a perfect candidate. It has the worlds most popular search engine for one. I say skynet is in the works :p

UnTamed

Second Lieutenant
I seriosly agree with AVC,Google is trying to make money.Not TAke over earth and rename it to Google.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
The he'll do you think apple does? How fucking ignorant is it possible to be? This is the whole point of Internet companies, this is where their major profits lie, apple gets personal info and sells it too, get the fuck over it.

Cave and Blu, I know no one more delusional and superstitious on topics like this than you, at least Joe payed attention to both sides of the argument.

Top Bottom