Fuck you google. Fuck you

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Google Chairman Eric Schmidt just admitted the company intends to be an 'identity service"

>Google’s purpose was clearly to “provide identity in a commerce-ready way. And to give them information about what you do on the Internet, without obfuscation of pseudonyms

>Real names are more valuable to advertisers
>Users who are anonymous or pseudonymous are arguably a lot less valuable to advertisers than those who choose to attach their real identitie—including their age, gender, location, and further demographic details—to their accounts.

>Dave Winer thinks the company wants to effectively become a bank—something he suspects Apple and Amazon are interested in as well
>Ross Dawson says Google wants to build a “reputation engine,” using Google+ as a platform

>As the saying goes: If you’re not paying for it, then you’re the product being sold

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/google-confirms-it-aims-to-own-your-online-id-08292011.html?c

I am switching to firefox or Opera tomorrow, and switching to bing for my default search engine. As for my android phone, I don't have my real name associated with my google account which is synced on my phone so I will be ok using it. Seriously fuck google. I hope you guys do the same and get rid of this shit.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

"if you're doing something you don't want people to find out about, you probably shouldn't be doing it on the internet"
-CEO of google Eric Schmit

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Exactly Joe!, I was wondering when anyone here would finally figure this out.

For one, how do you Bing doesn't do the same thing? And two, I knew about this months ago and I'm sure it's been happening for years now. From what I have learned Google is also part of the NSA, it is true? I'm not exactly sure but I would not doubt it one bit!

As for me, the search engine I started using is Startpage, they are "enhanced" with Google results and it completely private, I mean this by masking your IP address when you have a search. The result is, you still get all of your Google results but without Google knowing your IP address. Also, go to your settings for Startpage and you can use more security too, allows you to be able to use https as your page to prevent ISP's from snooping on you as well ;)

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Do you mind explaining how this would affect everyone? Cuz I see none. Serious question by the way, Im just curious. Also, cant you use your pseudonym instead of real names?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
thumbnail.aspx

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Does it really matter if people know what you're searching? It's the websites you actually click onto and download/upload from that can get you into trouble. Most websites read and log your IP anyway. The internet collecting your information is nothing new lol. I highly doubt not using Google is going to protect you from anything.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Does it really matter if people know what you're searching? It's the websites you actually click onto and download/upload from that can get you into trouble. Most websites read and log your IP anyway. The internet collecting your information is nothing new lol. I highly doubt not using Google is going to protect you from anything.

It's more than "what you are searching". It goes all the way down to your name, address and other contact information, as well as your searches.

"If you’re not paying for it, then you’re the product being sold" This is absolutely a form of blackmail. I smell several law suits coming to google

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I could care less if they know my Name, address etc. For one, I'm not that paranoid, and two, that sort of information is easily found regardless. Unless you take great steps to ensure total privacy to stay off the grid, you can be found rather easily. I have nothing to hide and I'm not some paranoid right winger who thinks the NWO is going to take over the world.

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
The search engine I use is IXQuick. It says it doesn't record your IP. I think it's pretty much the same thing Blu was talking about.

I was going to start raving about the Patriot Act and all but I can feel those Black Helicopters hovering over me just waiting to pounce... ;)

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I could care less if they know my Name, address etc. For one, I'm not that paranoid, and two, that sort of information is easily found regardless. Unless you take great steps to ensure total privacy to stay off the grid, you can be found rather easily. I have nothing to hide and I'm not some paranoid right winger who thinks the NWO is going to take over the world.

I can't believe, well actually I can that people out there now days don't give a shit if the "gov" knows everything about you. Let me ask this, how would you feel if you walked up to a stranger and he knows everything about you, and you know nothing about him, what then? Well with Damage he probably still wouldn't give a shit but I certainly would.

Also, the New World Order is true and if you don't believe that your a fool, the evidence is all around you. And taking over the world is exactly what they are doing, but of course you would have to be informed to know what's going on and I'm sure your not, anyways this post is about the giant Google not politics so I'll stop there.

Also, didn't anyone ever notice how Google came out of no where and before you knew it, it was the major search engine on the web? I was curious about it but never looked in to it, but I'm glad I know the things about Google now that I do, it's helped change my ways for sure ;)

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Precisely my friend. I'm still, unfortunately, using Gmail they've really been creeping me out by the ads they set up to the effect of "Stage an intervention and save your friends from outdated email!!"
Some people may have found it funny and sweet, I found it down right creepy. Google is so huge now it's ridiculous. Let's just let Google control the entire internet yes?

I'm not even going to mention GoogleEarth....Okay you convinced me. That thing is maybe the creepiest of all right there. I don't like how that type of technology, especially the street view of your house, is available for absolutely anybody to come along. Maybe what makes me the most uncomfortable is that if they're giving us that much, there must be something a lot more advanced that we don't know about. Just think about that it makes perfect sense. And back we go to the being monitored rant...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I saw my neighbor in his car at an intersection across town. Now that's freaking creepy. Google is becoming a superpower, so I'm officially announcing the debut of the new search engine: Doogles. Just go to Doogles.com, fill in all of your personal info, including your parents info, and then leave your doors unlocked at night to qualify for an account.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Not only control the entire internet Cav but what about your damn home!! Don't believe me...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/11/technology/google_android_at_home/?section=money_latest

This is ridiculous that something like Google wants to control ever aspect of your life, and if it is true what I said that the Google is NSA, then... well you know. And yeah I also thought about Google being as a "predator" being able to snap shot everybody's houses and post that on the internet as well. How much of this crap does it take for people to realize that the huge corporations want to be in your life and control what you do?

Top Bottom