Dubstep Thread

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
Like the way dubstep is compared to other music, as heavy metal was.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

as in, fist pump inducing, loud, very LOUD.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
There are countless other genres, including many from the electronic scene, which share those qualities. The specific qualities which separate dubstep from other genres of electronic music have more to do with rhythm and production techniques. Big woofers for electronic music is by no means a new thing. However, the popularity (fad) that has risen around dubstep (and lots of other electronic music) recently is paired with more people experiencing the rave scene. So obviously, you get a whole slew of people trying to recreate that, and priding themselves on knowing (in a completely ignorant and mislead way) about speakers and that there is anything new in playing music loud.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Oh yea, and it's mainstream. When band dorks (marching band) at otakon (an anime convention) are all playing dubstep from their laptops, it's gone mainstream.

Last edited:

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Okay I know this is going to sound REALLY stupid....

But is dubstep the same as the hardcore and trance that tit and trasgu have gotten me into?

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
This crap was all they played in the bars when I was stationed in Germany.. It got old real fast. I cannot believe it's actually still around

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Well, if you've seen 1 bigass dub show, you've kinda seen them all, I agree.

It's more about reliving that shit over and over again and doing lots of drugs. And for shit tons of guys, it's about trying to pick up chicks at these shows.

Half the people I talk to who are electronic music fans don't even know the names of the people they see at "concerts." How's that for supporting music?

And girls go b/c, no offense, but girls will like anything that is popular.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Or u just use another browser cause the links are working fine here ;) ...cause its magic...u just paste the link in the text box, clic the "post a quick reply" button and the forum do the [ url][ /url] command automatically...no need to clic or write a command

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
The links work fine yes, i was referring to embedding the video so people can watch it in this topic instead of clicking on a link and going to youtube.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Okay edited for you ;)...removed the third one...definitly not PEGI 16 :)

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
OMG Sarg that is just not something you can't do to me! :lol:I think I :luv: dubstep now :lmao:

Top Bottom