I was banned by some idiot from teamdeathmatch broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVC

Banned
Is Jackassery even a word?

Make it $25 Houston and you've got a deal! LOL

Look, at the end of the day one of the very few rules we have is to not harass other players, if someone is trolling or being racist then it's a ban. Naturally the Server Mod should try to calm things down, but in most cases players (and I use the term loosely because they are usually not playing at the time) who are getting out of hand normally don't listen.

If Wally wants to unban him, I'm fine with it, because at least he knows we're not just joking around with the rules, but I wasn't there so I don't know what went on.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Kicks usually get their attention. Going straight to ban for such a subjective ruling as "he was being a complete douchebag" is kinda insane when you consider we can't ban spawncampers on sight. I think both are bad ideas. I think both should be handled with a KICK then a ban.

If he happened to be arguing with a mod about this issue in a professional manner (assuming his profession isn't CoD4 server troll), then I see no warrant or an immediate ban. You can't just ban people for disagreeing with server rules. You can't just ban them for being ignorant sons of bitches. You can't even kick for that. You CAN and SHOULD kick when the friendly or peaceful environment of the server is compromised to the degree that the quality of server and playability for other guests is in check.

Now, if you were arguing on the shoutbox and someone wouldn't shut up, what do you do? Do you cry to big daddy wally and ask for a ban? I mean, okay, yea, I am usually the one who should be banned in these cases, but seriously are we fucking 10 years old? Just stop arguing back. People lose steam quick when there's no one responding. Then it's pretty obvious who the real trouble makers are, because they are the ones who DONT STOP. Then you kick. It's pretty simple. Do we kick the mods who keep the argument going? NO. So does this mean we are then promoting the "Who started it?" method of dealing with things? I don't think we should be.

Kick people who are out of hand. Ban those who keep coming back with the same troublesome composure. Above all, don't give these assholes the excuse they need to get everyone riled up. We happen to be dealing with lots of children and childish adults. Let's be a little more realistic.

We STILL have yet to see who banned the guy and for what reason. Furthermore, this guy hasn't come back and explained exactly what happened. If he's screaming NIGER NIGER NIGER on server 1 and being told to stop repeatedly without doing so, sure go for the ban. If he;s screaming NIGER NIGER NIGER and someone like TheDude take it as his moral responsibility to get all up in there and argue with the sonofabitch, then we can't really ban without taking some action against thedude can we?

We need to know who the guilty parties are and what they are actually guilty of. Then we should just freaking drop it.

Last edited:

Dizaster

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
i saw this nonsense coming. i knew this section is just gonna erupt into flame wars. i personally think the whole idea is bad if this is all it leads too. and like i said as soon as they knew they were allowed to appeal their bans every douchenozzle who gets banned is gonna be here.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
i saw this nonsense coming. i knew this section is just gonna erupt into flame wars. i personally think the whole idea is bad if this is all it leads too. and like i said as soon as they knew they were allowed to appeal their bans every douchenozzle who gets banned is gonna be here.

Look diz, here's the plan. We let people contest their bans. You be the douchenozzle that gets on EVERY SINGLE FREAKING BAN APPEAL and says "youre a hacker youll always be a hacker our mods never make mistakes RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" we on the other hand will try to do something constructive.

Sound like a plan?

Obviously damage doesnt read my posts anymore. Why should he? I'm stupid and all my posts are worthless. However i do remember talking about how we still don't know who banned him or why.

OH WAIT, that would require some respect, or even dignity.

DIZ this wasn't a flame war until you started flaming us. Well, ok..... some people flamed the guy..... Wait, how does this affect you again?

No we don't know who banned him. This is troubling. This is not the first time this has happened. It's the second time this has happened in the past week. I am getting tired of saying "LIKE I SAID"

EDIT:

I got an idea. If i take care of sorting out all the appeals that come to this site we'd be better off. I get what I want, and stupid people get off my ass, and hey, i cant really DO anything right? I'm Useless so no one gets unbanned which leads me to...... Diz gets what he wants, and no one gets unbanned even if they shouldn't have been banned in the first place, but they should have been banned because THEYRE ALL FUCKING HACKERS!

Even if it's not me, put someone in charge of dealing with these appeals so it stops being kids coming in here to flame every person who says they weren't hacking.

Last edited:

AVC

Banned

"this section" as you put it, was only a way to have a place where banned players could make a post. They would do it anyway, but they tend to get posted all over the forums.

Douchenozzle. LOL, is that a word either?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Look diz, here's the plan. We let people contest their bans. You be the douchenozzle that gets on EVERY SINGLE FREAKING BAN APPEAL and says "youre a hacker youll always be a hacker our mods never make mistakes RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" we on the other hand will try to do something constructive.

Sound like a plan?

Obviously damage doesnt read my posts anymore. Why should he? I'm stupid and all my posts are worthless. However i do remember talking about how we still don't know who banned him or why.

DIZ this wasn't a flame war until you started flaming us. Well, ok..... some people flamed the guy..... Wait, how does this affect you again?

No we don't know who banned him. This is troubling. This is not the first time this has happened. It's the second time this has happened in the past week. I am getting tired of saying "LIKE I SAID"

EDIT:

I got an idea. If i take care of sorting out all the appeals that come to this site we'd be better off. I get what I want, and stupid people get off my ass, and hey, i cant really DO anything right? I'm Useless so no one gets unbanned which leads me to...... Diz gets what he wants, and no one gets unbanned even if they shouldn't have been banned in the first place, but they should have been banned because THEYRE ALL FUCKING HACKERS!

Even if it's not me, put someone in charge of dealing with these appeals so it stops being kids coming in here to flame every person who says they weren't hacking.

Man, i don't know what your trip is but tone it down. People are just stating their opinions and you are jumping all over them. I'm glad you can infer so much about me from my like eighteen word post, but chill out. No need to attack other members and call them stupid if they happen to disagree with you.

I see at no point DIZ saying every person banned is a hacker and guilty. You speak of me not having respect in your post, yet all i see is you attacking people for presenting opinions, or in my case asking a simple question.

Unruley1

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
yes it has been accepted into many krew members vocabulary. Both diz and avc have a point with this section many of the banned will go here try to either revoke the ban or curse at the mods but before this was added only a few banned would post every now and then to see if they could revoke the ban.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Diz has, i think explicitly, said that our staff members should not be questioned. Yea I should have deleted about half my post when I edited it, you're right.

My issue is not that Diz has these beliefs, but that he gets in the way of the process of dealing with these posts by stomping his feet about the krew's self respect somehow being compromised by people appealing bans.

Also, come on now.... if EVERY person banned came and posted for an appeal, even I would freak out (wait.....). We have over 1000 bans that were done by our staff, right? We have less than 20 ban appeals. That's less than 5% of the bans we make even getting seriously questioned. How many of those are lifted? It is NOT every one... not even close. The margin of error that gets "proven" for our staff members seems to be around 3% if you just bypass all actual quantifiable investigation XD. So how is that disrespectful? If anything it's realistic.

This is, of course, not even taking into account the over 100,000 PB bans that are on server 1, even though server one doesn't run PB. We have had people come and contest those bans, but i just lumped them in with the entire ban-contesting community on our forums. If you take all this into account, it is just unreasonable not to allow the extremely minuscule amount of people who actually contest bans to do so on our forum in an organized and efficient way. It is insane to say it is in any way ALL the douchenozzles out there. It is stupid to say that it disrespects our krew in any way.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Douchenozzle::

1) The underappreciated apparatus of the Douche that actually does the stinky work. Attached to the Douche Bag.
2) A male who acts and looks like an utter jackass. Someone who transcends common insults to the point that simply calling him a "jackass" or "douchebag" will no longer do. Much more offensive than simply calling someone a douchebag.

Dizaster

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member

Sound like a plan?

EDIT:

Soo let me get this right you call me a kid because i state my opinion are u some ffin nazi. I hold my opinions and they wont change because some ass calls me out on them. You seeem to think its wrong that i dont justify people like this coming into the forum ranting about how were "jackasses" for banning him. And truthfully if u have a problem with me or my opinions. I dont give a flying fuck ok? well thats it for my rant sry everyone else who reads this.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Vote to lock the thread so just mods can comment on it?? (PS oooo look how short my post is!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom