Egypt

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
Trust me, we got enough assylim seakers in aus trying to get in from Christmas island

I say we let them sought things out them selves

Sent from goss' iPod touch using Tapatalk

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
"boys will be boys" is ok unless it means a lot of dead boys. Asylum? Do you think the people that are seeking asylum will decrease if the killing increases? And aside from just killing, you have to consider what kinds of social and political structures get establish in the midst of instability and conflict. The pattern you'll see in history is that out of instability and social breakdown comes tyranny and affronts to human rights. I don't agree with the US or any country invading and forcing the establishment of a government. We need to be getting the bullshit out of our own government as it is. There are organizations that are supposed to enforce and oversee PEACEFUL resolutions to conflicts such as these. Nothing is stopping Americans from rallying for peace.

The fact is these ARE our problems in more ways than one. The first being that humans have a responsibility to look out for general human welfare. A second is that the destabilizing of a nation like that will have negative effects on surrounding nations. These effects could certainly trickle down and effect you. In goss's situation, more violence will mean more people fleeing the country. Do we really want the children of that nation to grow up in such a violent society? The effects of such a thing are apparent in other nations with similar or more violent lifestyles.

Aside from all this, the middle east, and egypt to be specific, are centers of very distinct and important culture. That's also something to protect. To be honest, it's something I would like to include myself as part of, being a human. I find it shallow and ignorant to define yourself more as an American than as a human.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Some countries don't deserve freedom? That's on of the most ignorant comments I've ever read. Right up on Qarts level.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Sign up if you all are so interested in going to help... My point is you can hand freedom to some people on a silver platter and their culture/religion/upbringing or whatever the reason don't allow it to happen.. They dont want our brand of freedom. The USA is always the 1st ones to get involved in these types of situations and it never seems to end good.. Hundreds, if not thousands of our soldiers die, get wounded, etc and it just isn't worth it to me. As the father of 4 kids I don't want to see any of them going to war to fight for an ungrateful nation. We've been Egypt's lapdog for too long. They are having some civil unrest. They have a military (that we trained and equipped). Let them handle it..

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yes i agree 100% Houston.

I misunderstood what you meant. My apologies.

To your last point, i found it amusing they were splashing all over CNN the tear gas canisters they fired were all made in the US. Seems the only things we make anymore are weapons for other countries. Everything else, China.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Like i said, if it would cost more lives to get involved than it would save I am totally against it. Like I said, there is no reason to impose our brand of freedom on these people. Like I said, if it was them, as a nation, refusing the social freedom we promote, then so be it.

I do completely agree that this turmoil has to have causes based in the mixing between religion and politics over there. I support the freedom to hold whatever beliefs you want. I do not support a government that takes any of its roots from religion. Whether you must believe that morality and religion are innately linked or not, it is MORE than obvious at this point that religion + government = BAD THINGS.

So yea, i have no idea what we should do, I just don't like people separating themselves from the rest of the human race just because they're being a pain right now.

Also, I specifically mentioned that I would rather Americans simply rally for peace rather than everyone sign up to join the military. We don't want the decision making all being done by the higher ups in our government and military, and therefore also by big business. That's when individual interests take precedence over human interests. So let me make clear for the IDK how many-ith time, i don't think just invading egypt is what we should do. I have considered enlisting, but it's a shitty idea for me. I have a mentally disabled sister to take care of when my parents cannot, and i do not plan on endangering my ability to do that in any way.

Also, and im not disagreeing with you houston, I am actually agreeing with you. But i think the stat is something like 90% of all casualties in the war in Afghanistan were civilians. So for every 1 US soldier killed, there were 9 Afghan civilians killed, in many cases by the US.

So another reason not to get involved in that manner.^

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Yes i agree 100% Houston.

I misunderstood what you meant. My apologies.

To your last point, i found it amusing they were splashing all over CNN the tear gas canisters they fired were all made in the US. Seems the only things we make anymore are weapons for other countries. Everything else, China.

We make music :/ and tv...

Last edited:

Beefcake

Corporal
"Stupid Americans" is funny, but "stupid germans" is just as true.

i dont say all maricans are stupid but the americ politics and soldiers are much stupid and thats just true! and why stpud germans? bec the past? that was not my time and i dont feel responsable for the past!
i think this video is only 1 of 1m vodeos who attest that american soldiers do lot of shit in other countrys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
stupid germans because there are stupid people all over the world. Stupid americans because america is part of the world. Politics in general are screwed up, america just happened to be the only superpower for a while, so we threw our weight around. I talk to people from other countries daily. These people are almost always here on full scholarship. Some of them are dumb as shit. This includes people from Spain, Germany, Turkey, France, UK, Cuba, Argentina, Russia, and Georgia. So far, the smartest people I have met were the spanish and the Georgians. The dumbest have been (this is just from the people I have met here) the french and british. They come to America to study at the music schools here because, realistically, we have the best contemporary music schools in the world, and we have the best contemporary musicians in the world.

So, America has plenty to offer, our politics are screwed up, but so will yours be. Soldiers have done stupid shit in wars since wars began. It's unacceptable whenever it happens. The "Stupid American" stereotype is a product the media is very willing to sell and the consumers are very willing to buy. It's partially true, but there are still many things in which the entire world struggles that americans have pinned on them.

And like i just said, something like 90% of the casualties in the Afghan war were civilians. IDK i'll get a stat sometime. So, if anything, you were agreeing with me by posting this video?

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Yes beef some American soldiers do stupid shit, but they don't blindly follow a madman like sheep to a slaughter

mohammed

Banned
This are politics and america has spent a lot of dollars into that desert called egypte also the peace of the middle east depence on egypt loyalty to israel that wants mubarak to stay , its the proof of suporting a dictature.
The military of egypte has stayed out of the conflict between the ppl and the goverment.What seems to be very wise.
The normal so many times seen reporters are hiding because the hunting on them(even cnn reporters)
Outside media has been shut down (AJazeera and cnn) , Internet still disconnected ,tweets are the only direct info.
It seems to be in an ïn between fase",

If the goverment shuts down your internet, Shut down your goverment.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
This are politics and america has spent a lot of dollars into that desert called egypte also the peace of the middle east depence on egypt loyalty to israel that wants mubarak to stay , its the proof of suporting a dictature.
The military of egypte has stayed out of the conflict between the ppl and the goverment.What seems to be very wise.
The normal so many times seen reporters are hiding because the hunting on them(even cnn reporters)
Outside media has been shut down (AJazeera and cnn) , Internet still disconnected ,tweets are the only direct info.
It seems to be in an ïn between fase",

If the goverment shuts down your internet, Shut down your goverment.

Last line is important one. It's true. lol.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I agree with Mohammed, it's true that America is involved in it too sad to say, but our Government is so corrupt now it's unreal. I support their revolt against the dictatorship because it is that, a dictatorship. I believe that every country should have the "freedom" that American use to have, but I really don't see that one happening unless something VERY BIG happens in the near future. I do agree that violence is not the solution but in countries like these that have been ruled for decades in dictatorship, there's really no other way they can protest. Not only that but even the Egyptian police started putting down their guns and joining the citizens because they knew it was wrong to do what the Government there is doing.

I hope to God this doesn't happen here in America but it's surely looking that way to me, one of the good things though is that Americans are legally allowed to own firearms, that's one right that as of now they haven't taken away, but it's in the works though to pass a bill on it.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Well see the only problem with violent revolution is that it ends in political instability and economic failure, which opens the door for another dictator to step in.

In the case of the American Revolution, we had a government in place that was supported by the revolutionaries. I think they need some help, but now that i think about it, US involvement will end up doing the WRONG thing, because you are right, too many players have interest in politics over there. Corruption is screwing the world over.

This doesn't mean that as Americans, it isn't our duty to continue to look for ways to help the problem.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
what happened in Egypt?

Bad bad things cent0.. Google it kid, you'll learn something..

After all you might be stationed over there when they draft you in a few years

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

None of these in Egypt

dt.jpg

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
LOL Houston, that's funny man, and you could be right about the draft, who knows what will happen in the next few years.

AVC

Banned
Nuke 'em all.

let God sort 'em out.

Or rather than getting involved in all these skirmishes (Egypt aside) and sending the troops IN, use the military to put the country under edict. Blockade the fookers. Tell the governments that if they want to raise terrorists, go right ahead. But no one enters or leaves.

Top Bottom