Porky Pig - Update - 1-18-11

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Porky's daughter came into the shout earlier this evening to relay some news from Porky.

He wishes to let the krew know he has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure and is currently in the ICU.

He will be undergoing more tests tomorrow i believe, and is scheduled for a valve replacement on Tuesday or sometime in the coming week. I believe it's on Tuesday.

It was important to PP that this information be relayed to the krew, as he considers you all friends.

Updated via his Facebook page. His surgery went well this morning and the valve is working perfectly. He will be in the ICU overnight. Not sure where he goes from there.

His daughter will be updating via facebook, so i will keep you all informed.

Here is his Facebook link.

http://www.facebook.com/becky.garza#!/HOFSNOT

We wish you all the best Ricky, and will see you back here soon!

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'm sorry to hear the news. I hope everything goes smoothly.

You'll be in my prayers.

malasins

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
do you mean he is having a heart transplant
cause that would have been easier to say beside that hope he comes out good

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I know we're all praying for you Ricky. I wish you the best and may God be with you.

My grandfather went through the same thing. So I understand how tough this is.

May the Lord be with you,
Drew

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
I hope you get better soon porky,
Your in all of my prayers, god bless you

Sent from goss' iPod touch using Tapatalk

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
For those of you with questions::

Overview Heart failure, also called congestive heart failure, is a condition in which the heart can no longer pump enough blood to the rest of the body.

Alternative Names
CHF; Congestive heart failure; Left-sided heart failure; Right-sided heart failure

Causes
Heart failure is almost always a chronic, long-term condition, although it can sometimes develop suddenly.
The condition may affect the right side, the left side, or both sides of the heart.

• Right-sided heart failure means the right ventricle of the heart loses its pumping function.
  • Left-sided heart failure means the heart's ability to pump blood forward from the left side of the heart is decreased. The left side of the heart normally receives blood rich in oxygen from the lungs and pumps it to the remainder of the body.
Heart failure is often classified as either systolic or diastolic.

• Systolic heart failure means that your heart muscle cannot pump, or eject, the blood out of the heart very well.
  • Diastolic heart failure means that your heart's pumping chamber does not fill up with blood.
Both of these problems mean the heart is no longer able to pump enough blood out to the rest of your body, especially when you exercise or are active.
As the heart's pumping action is lost, blood may back up in other areas of the body, producing congestion in the lungs, the liver, the gastrointestinal tract, and the arms and legs. As a result, there is a lack of oxygen and nutrition to organs, which damages them and reduces their ability to work properly.
Perhaps the most common cause of heart failure is coronary artery disease, a narrowing of the small blood vessels that supply blood and oxygen to the heart. For information on this condition and its risk factors, see: Coronary artery disease.
Heart failure can also occur when an illness or toxin weakens the heart muscle or changes the heart muscle structure. Such events are called cardiomyopathies. There are many different types of cardiomyopathy. For information, see: Cardiomyopathy
Other heart problems that may cause heart failure are:

• Congenital heart disease
  • Heart valve disease
  • Some types of abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
Diseases such as emphysema, severe anemia, hyperthyroidism, or hypothyroidism, may cause or contribute to heart failure.

KateLove

Sergeant
My 85 year old grandfather had to have one and he is better then he has ever been doctors say he should make it to over or 100 if his health keeps going this way ^_^

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
Fight porky fight! You know the rules! The |kkk| will always be with you and in our hearts! You are family!

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
From his daughter (posted last night)::

I got to see my Dad around 5:45 and he was awake and talking. They took him off the ventilator around 3pm and he has been doing great. His chest is the only thing he complained about, it's just really sore.....as to be expected when it is cracked open! He looks great and we are so thankful that all went well! I think he should be able to update for himself tomorrow. ~ Becky

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Awesome! Thanks for the update, Bob.

Lets hope he recovers soon so he can start kicking butt on S1 once again. :)

Top Bottom