what is your oppinion on snipers?

what is ur oppinion on snipers?

• they are the best

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • they are useless

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • something else ( say it in ur reply also)

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
T

TSells

I just need to work on my sniping skills. Some of you KKK members are amazing snipers, I've taken note.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Aha, either he using two fingers to shoot, or hes really good(both doubtful, no offense intended) Or, scroll is binded as fire. Scroll down=full clip in under a second.

Snipers are awsome, but the ones who hide behind cars and in shadows are annoying. But idc cuz i do it to.
Sometimes you have to wonder if theyre cheating somehow when they quickscope your head 50% of the time... but oh wellz i guess they just have alot of practice.

First of all, CoD4 1.7 has a limit on firing speed for all weapons. No matter how fast you input fire, you can't shoot a baret clip in under a second without hacks. Secondly, I think moment was exagerating. Third, where did you get that stat for headshots on quickscopes, and who are you talking about? If I get a headshot its almost always unintentional, unless the persons head is the only thing shootable for any number of reasons, or I am specifically going for headshots only (which is like never).

Snipers in cod4 unmodded play are, and have always been, a matter of fun for me. In terms of their usefulness..... if someone spent as much time practicing with a g3 or even an ak47 as they did with a sniper, they would be way more effective. I am assuming were talking HC mode. I don't know about softcore.

Snipers outside of promod are next to useless in close quarters when you are playing someone of equal skill. Unless you are spraying a semit auto sniper, in which case, they are somewhat less useless. The pistol is a much more effective option. While running around like a tard scoping people in close quarters can be fun, it is certainly not the wisest strategy in a serious match. Steady aim can make the no scope more likely, and will decrease the time it takes to get ful accuracy out of a scope, but the penetration of a sniper rifle is what i think is the biggest asset. One shot kill through a wall. Sacrificing that to be able to get no scopes and jumping scopes more often is a lil nooby. If i was a team captain, i wouldn't want my sniper running in against ak74's, using steady aim so he could pull off some kills sometimes.

Inside promod, snipers are overpowered and altered so people could get cool looking killcams (which look dumb as hell to the person getting killed by the way). Promod in general is a bigass comparison of CoD4 dicksize's using unnecessary lingo ingame and ridiculous movement habits (switching weapons twice all the time... why do this? its stupid? you know how many people ive seen do this all the time only to be shat all over by me or someone else?)

ALso keep in mind that outside promod there is significant sway on teh scope. If you bring up your scope multiple times without moving your mouse, you will notice a significant amount of variance in where the crosshairs appear each time. The scope does not resolve to teh same place every time until 1 or 2 seconds after you hold your breath, meaning quickscopes outside of promod involve a certain amount of chance on their hitting (depending on whether you take time to adjust your aim after the sights come up).

So all in all, snipers are fun. They are not the most useful. The most useful thing is a really good player with any weapon (except shotties or the scorpion). QS is a lil bit nobby, unless you are actually aiming, in which case its not so quickscopey.

And they all lived happily ever after, the end.

EDIT: Oh yea. There are times to camp. There are times to move. Moving in one way or another is more useful. It is pretty useless to say youre going to "cover somebody" in cod4 with a sniper. Basically, if you are camping with a sniper while your team is rushing, you're probably screwing the rest of the team over with your uselessness. I am only speaking from experience, so I could be full of shit.

Last edited:

AVC

Banned
Good point Socrates.
If you snipe, clays are a must-have.
I remember doing challenges and going into the sniper house, and there was this guy in the doorway, eye buried in scope. So I planted a C4, went outside, and shot it through the wall. Challenge completed! LOL

DxnK

Private First Class
Snipers in my opinion are the best due to they can be used as close counters and long distance range if used properly.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
suree.
not now though, im muted, and pretty soon ima wire my internet cuz wireless just isn't working for me.
next week or so, sound good?

its ok, he doest move anyway. you can click your finger 8 times in a second? one finger? thats freakish, i think maybe your knowledge of what a second is is a little off.

VoX

Twat Hammer
i love sniping.. i haven't done it much on CoD yet, but i am practicing and hopefully i will get good

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
Snipers are fine, it takes skill to get a high score with them. And you can't spray and pray :D

Deac0n

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Sniping is good at backign up the team while the enemy is runnign around mindlessly beign picked off by the sniper whiel beign distracted by everyone elce :)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
You shouldn't be ashamed of how you play a videogame ever, unless you are cheating and making people put up with your bullshit.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Yea don't be pressed to play a certain way just because others tell you to just do what works for you.....but don't spawn camp lol

Top Bottom