Free windows 10 upgrade?

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
i fixded the sleep/restart problem by turning off a program called gigabyte ONOFF ..uninstalling that made it able too sleep and return to desktop .. go to add/remove programs and enter gigabyte and it should be there

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Issue #1 I see is that it will force restart no matter what you do. And it won't even save your current desktop state to do it.

I lost about 15 minutes of code. Not much, but it set me back 15 minutes.
Man, if it rebooted on me while coding, I'd freak out. Pro lets you put off restarting.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Man, if it rebooted on me while coding, I'd freak out. Pro lets you put off restarting.
Apparently there was a recent update that would cause repeat reboots to the point where you had to repair your installation. I know someone who had this happen to their work PC lol I only run a PC at work and I upgraded as well but I haven't had a single issue yet. I also backed up all my files prior just in case.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I had to upgrade because my 8.1 license was just for 2 years. No issues except for a buggy test driver from realtek that I had to replace.

Y()()() M()N

The Old Guy
|K3| Member
just heard a show on the radio here about the upgrade, make sure you don't do default upgrade without changing security settings,your hard drive is basically open to everyone. you will have to do custom install. hope this helps someone

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Issue #1 I see is that it will force restart no matter what you do. And it won't even save your current desktop state to do it.

I lost about 15 minutes of code. Not much, but it set me back 15 minutes.

6e340b110358b7ff6ffd6c0b8a9bc66538b5f68e7ddd05b0f9c1bed143b10e92.jpg

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
hi
like many of you I download and installed 10 windows all went well, well almost, I have a problem with the sound, I lost enormously in quality.
if someone could help me solve this problem very happy I would be
thx

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
hi
like many of you I download and installed 10 windows all went well, well almost, I have a problem with the sound, I lost enormously in quality.
if someone could help me solve this problem very happy I would be
thx
You need to install your motherboard's sound driver. The automatic driver from Microsoft sucks.

Last edited:

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
You need to install your motherboard's sounds driver. The automatic driver from Microsoft sucks.
hello Kreubs
thx to answer
and how do I find the driver for my motherboard?
I'm sorry I have past an idiot as you know I'm doing very badly with computer:bag:

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
I am ashamed, Kreubs sent me a file (winrar) and I do not know what to do with :bag: . I tried all evening, just lost my sound is still as bad.
I'll probably need a hero oregon saved to a small French girl:p

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I'll probably need a hero oregon saved to a small French girl:p

:K don't even know where to start to have a clue what this means

Top Bottom