The Interview canceled/threat

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
So... now Sony is saying they will release it...

Complete marketing ploy.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Marketing ploy? For a movie that cost 40 mill to make and was easily expected to at least triple that from the box office alone? Sony pictures brings in an estimated 7 BILLION a year. They don't need to create huge marketing ploys in order to milk an extra 10 mill or w/e.

If the hack, that was far more damaging and widespread than just the release of a movie, hadn't occurred, the movie would have been released as scheduled.

It's nothing more than damage control from the huge amount of backlash they've received, including the White house. They made a mistake, now they are attempting to correct it. Anyone who thinks it's a "marketing Ploy" is simply ignoring the facts of the entire matter.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
The hack was most likely real. The pulling of the movie was a marketing ploy.

They're going to release it a little bit later and now have half the country wanting to see it.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
:re:

Sony's pulling of the movie did far more damage to them than any monetary reward they may gain. Reputation and public perception mean everything, and in the long run are far more profitable than a short term gain, which is all this would be.

Their profits are far too great for them to simply concoct a "marketing ploy" that damaged them in the eyes of so many, especially for such a tiny increase in overall profit.

Last edited:

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Wouldn't this be like, the 50000000th time that North Korea has threatened to nuke us? Why are we even paying attention to that chubby brat they have as a "glorious leader"? They can't even launch a missile without it blowing up.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I'm with damage.

Damage control. Obv. Can't believe (like really... can't believe) they didn't see this turn of events coming.

It's just a big, sweaty, money-ridden mess, and then you add north korea (yea I was just talking about the movie before) and it gets way too political for the idiots to stay one step ahead.

It's a big pathetic capitalist mess.

There could be a Vonnegut book, except he's dead.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419570366][/DOUBLEPOST]But can we not make this bullshit about free speech?

None of this shit is about free speech.

This is big corporate and nationalist. Don't stand up for this issue. It's sony. It's not you.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
From what I'm reading all over the net and IMDB, the movie pretty much sucks, but those are only opinions. There are a lot of them though. Good thing it only cost Sony 40 mill to make. (Not said sarcastically, this is a small production cost)

Definitely not something I'd ever pay to see.

Last edited:

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
I watched 40 mins... Then got bored. Got a few chuckles.... But thats abt it.

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
I just finished watching it with my brother, it had a few good parts that made me laugh, but i wouldnt say its an amazingly funny movie. And there were some gorey parts that made me cringe every time xC

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Just another Seth Rogan movie, huh?

It is kinda hilarious (also scary) how North Korea reacted to it.

The latest official response from North Korea compares Obama to a crazed monkey in the jungle. How tasteful....

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I read it's made a whopping 1 mill so far. Looks like it's raking in the big bucks. Only 39 more to break even.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'm personally going to wait to see it for free on Netflix (well, free for me lol).

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
From what I've heard so far on here, don't think I'll see it at all even for free lol, plus I'm not in to comedy movies much anyways.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea these comedies are getting old......

On netflix there's this silly chinese movie called Journey to the West. I thought that was funny.

I might be giving it points just because it's in Chinese, though.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
It doesn't really seem like it was NK.

The threats didn't start with the movie so with that it seems more like a disgruntled employee or someone with inside access to the network.

Top Bottom