The Interview canceled/threat

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Sorry, I meant the Seth Rogen movie that was recently canceled due to a hacker terrorist threat, The Interview
The-Interview1.png

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It's sad and pathetic. I could go on and on, but that's what it really boils down to in the end.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Publicity Stunt...other than that it has little to do with any government policy,it has to do with Sony pictures.
It's still lame though. It would really suck if things get more out of hand and the gov feels like it should step in,I'm not super sure about what all is going on..

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Pub stunt? How so? Sony is losing tens of millions on this. I don't think it's a publicity stunt.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Don't think it's a publicity stunt since emails, etc have been hacked. Maybe if only threats were made, then probably a publicity stunt. But shit got real bruh. :eek:

Solution: Someone should really interview Kim and take him out.... To dinner? XD

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I dunno it was just a thought.. it's getting tons of publicity whereas a Seth Rogen film usually is just meh..who knows..it could not even be N.Korea.. It's near impossible to know the specifics. If Sony were to "change position" and release it I'm pretty sure it would be a huge box office hit..I don't trust anything these days,lol ..Something just feels wrong about the whole thing to me.. But if it is really is N.Korea the implications can be fairly far reaching,I just hope it doesn't reach ridiculous proportions over a stupid film..The public is a gullible entity imo,and the hysteria that could possibly ensue due to overreaction is dangerous. What this all could lead to is paranoia>>reactions>>War>>$$$ I guess I just hope it's all :bullshit:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I don't think there would really be all these terrorist attacks on theaters that show it. Not by North Korea at least.

But why are we afraid of this fat North Korean man-child? If he does anything, the entire world would most likely take the entire country out. The poor widdle guy just wants attention.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
At this point, it's just a genius marketing ploy.
The Interview is another average comedy movie that attracts only a certain type of movie-goers. Now, more people will see it since it's surrounded by controversy.

Last edited:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I would definitely want to see it. I love Seth Rogen movies.

But yes, if this is a marketing ploy then it is a very, very good one. Cancel the Christmas day release and then release it in March when people will go crazy over it, and have the money to spend $800 on popcorn and soda.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Marketing ploy.

Do people actually believe that?

Sony has lost a reported 500 MILLION dollars due to this hack. They've gotten universal backlash from the entire industry. They've gotten backlash from the POTUS ffs.

How can you call a movie "crap" that you haven't even seen? Ridiculous comment.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I am suspicious of the whole thing, but I am with damage. I don't think it's a marketing ploy.

If anything devious is going on, it looks like it's just another excuse to keep the military industrial complex in at-war mode. Since vietnam it's been shady excuse after shady excuse to keep us spending more than anyone else in the world on our military.

What is suspicious to me are things that point so obviously to North Korea.... such as bad english in the threats......

But on the other hand, I wouldn't put it past north korea to do something like this. Not surprising. And it really constitutes a national threat. Government is already involved. How it reacts is to be decided, but the USA government is already involved.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
IMO I think it could also be due to introduce the cyber security bill again, they have tried to do this over and over (the Gov) and have failed. Now that this has happened it gives them the reason to so call "protect us" from these hackers, which means taking away the freedom of the web for security. I guess we'll see what happens and I know those of you that don't believe the Gov is involved in it, I hope not but I'm thinking they might have a part of it anyways, thoughts?

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
It sucks that while all this is happening, there are millions of people still suffering over in North Korea

Top Bottom