Votes: 6 22.2%
  • lolwut

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I disagree with the monarchy. I am not royalist in anyway. They are a simple means of bringing tourism to our country. That is all.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Who gets to vote on the matter? Everyone in the UK or just a certain part?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Just out of curiosity, why are people in England @BuckRogers against this?

Your post seemed to imply that you would want them to fail. Why?

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Who gets to vote on the matter? Everyone in the UK or just a certain part?
Why, the Scots of course! Anybody that is deemed to have Scottish heritage.

Perhaps what is most hilarious about this is that the SNP (Scottish National Party) are getting people to vote who haven't lived in Scotland since their birth year. And that English born people who have lived in Scotland all their lives are not allowed to vote. Har har

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Question:
Who can vote in the referendum on Scottish independence?

Answer:
The list of those who are eligible to vote in the referendum is almost the same as for elections to the Scottish Parliament and local authorities, but with the addition of 16 and 17 year olds. Remember that you must register with your local electoral registration office to be able to vote - simple instructions about how to do this can be found on the Electoral Commission website.

The following groups of people can register to vote in the referendum:

• British citizens resident in Scotland.
  • Qualifying Commonwealth citizens resident in Scotland. This means Commonwealth citizens who either have leave to remain in the UK or do not require such leave, and are resident in Scotland.
  • Citizens of the Republic of Ireland and other EU countries resident in Scotland.
  • Members of the House of Lords resident in Scotland.
  • Service/Crown personnel serving in the UK or overseas in the Armed Forces or with Her Majesty’s Government who are registered to vote in Scotland.

Deluxx3

The Stig
|K3| Member
I dunno bruh, I feel like if they do become independent, they will loose MANY benefits.
Besides why again do they want to become independent?! I'm a bit confused about this.

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Who will they loosing their benefits to?
6r5um.jpg

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
be, i forgot the damn be! I think i AM loosing my mind........to an unsuspecting public.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
@DamageINC - couldnt care either way, its a matter for the Scots to decide.......... Except that I fear we (the rest of the United Kingdom, not just England) will potentially carry the fairly massive can, if, having gained their independence, they then fuck it up. To me the signs are not good that this would be anything other than an economic disaster with the rest of the UK left holding the baby as a result of a poorly planned and executed, overly sentimental move, attempting to return to a pre 1652 position. Its being badly handled by both sides in Scotland, with crap information being given to the Scottish voters, who could not, frankly, be blamed for saying: 'WTF - i havent got a clue'

18% of firms in Scotland will either leave or will consider leaving Scotland, post independence - The Scotsman - Conservative estimate of £10 Billion pa and the loss of 50,000 Scottish jobs which will all head south of the border.

The UK will not place Defence contract work with a foreign country - Scotland will lose £350 million contract to build 3 x OPV for the RN and also 800 jobs - just one contract, there are dozens in the offing.

The UK will not station its nuclear Submarine fleet on foreign soil - currently at Faslane, Near Glasgow - they too will move south, again a massive loss in terms of investment, and jobs in the area.

etc etc etc

-------All adds up to: rising unemployment, rising inflation, falling foreign investment, and intense pressure on whatever currency the Scots end up with - all of this adds up to a bloody good reason why it MUSTNT be Sterling!

Not so much that I'm anti Scotland gaining their independence, rather I'm in favour of the United Kingdon remaining united!

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
To anyone who says they wont have a currency: They will either invent one like every other country or use something like Euros.

When 'Murica became independent from the UK, do you think they had their own currency? Nope they made one. It's now known as the American Dollar and looks like this:

252px-USDnotes.png

This wasn't the first attempt, and they still had many other issues to sort out. But they did make it work and Scotland can too.

I only use America because the the only country's history I know.[DOUBLEPOST=1411060556][/DOUBLEPOST]And currency is no more than a promise to pay the recipient whatever it says on the paper... so...

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Well, Ecuador uses the USD, so what's to stop them fron keeping the pound?

Last edited:

Garycheese

The Bringer Of Cheese
|K3| Member
Here is a time table of what to expect over tonight.
2am: The first seven councils, accounting for up to 15 per cent of the registered electorate’s votes, are expected to declare their results. They are East Lothian, Inverclyde, Moray, North Lanarkshire, the Orkney Islands, Perth and Kinross and the Western Isles. Clackmannanshire, with just 39,970 registered voters, is likely to declare a half-hour later.

3am: Eleven council areas, representing nearly a third of the registered electorate, are expected to declare their results. They are Aberdeenshire, Angus, Dumfries and Galloway, Dundee, East Ayrshire, East Renfrewshire, Falkirk, Renfrewshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling and West Dunbartonshire. Just under half the possible votes are likely to have been counted at this stage.

3:30am: Six councils, covering up to 11 per cent of the electorate, will declare. They are: Argyll and Bute, East Dunbartonshire, Midlothian, the Shetland Islands, South Ayrshire, and West Lothian. More than half the votes are likely to have been counted at this stage.

4am: Around 4am, more than 70 per cent of the votes are likely to have been counted. Fife and Highland, which cover a further 11 per cent of the electorate between them, are expected to declare with another large council area, North Ayrshire, following a half-hour later.

5am: More than a fifth of the possible votes could be declared around 5am, as Scotland’s two largest cities, Glasgow and Edinburgh, declare their results, along with the Scottish Borders. More than 95 per cent of the votes are likely to have been counted at this stage.

6am: Aberdeen is expected to be the last council area to declare its results. With just over 4 per cent of the registered electorate, the result of the referendum could be determined by the count in the northern city.

Top Bottom