• no

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • lolwut

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Interesting.I didn't realize this was a thing,Is there any possibility for this to happen?

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
Interesting.I didn't realize this was a thing,Is there any possibility for this to happen?
yes, this year, because there were other consultations the previous year; This year the "yes" can pass and make Scotland an independent country

Garycheese

The Bringer Of Cheese
|K3| Member
I say no souly due to the fact they would ruin there country. They can't use UK currency and Europe say they won't let them in to it so they will end up being a strain on resources that the world can't afford to give away. Scotland is perfect as it is. + I don't want to need a passport when I want to get some haggis.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I say no souly due to the fact they would ruin there country. They can't use UK currency and Europe say they won't let them in to it so they will end up being a strain on resources that the world can't afford to give away. Scotland is perfect as it is. + I don't want to need a passport when I want to get some haggis.
Would you say the same about Crimea? Even though something like 90% of the country said they wanted to be part of Russia, would they not be allowed? If the majority of Scotland votes independence, who are we to say no? We don't own Scotland?

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Why can't they use uk currency? It works for Isle of man, gibraltar, jersey,guernsey and even the falklands. Most of what you hear about scotland not being allowed in the EU, is scaremongering by the better together people.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
I voted "lol wut" because I´ve never heard of that before oO But hey, why not.

freedom-1.jpg

:D

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
I have not heard that he wanted to enter or remain in europe (I never knew if you were part of the EU:K) it is true that you will have a passport to your haggis (soon)XD

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
This has been a very interesting read ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_independence_referendum,_2014
I love how the campaign funding is so limited , the US could use that kind of donation caps . How is the media handling it in the UK?
It's amazingly unheard of here as far as the media..this was the first i heard about it...Also whats the mood of the people? .. I would think it's a pretty heated subject there...

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
@HIBred - all hotting up now. Im an englishman: so I may have a smidgin of bias, but.......... they should leave well alone if they know whats good for them. ! Never mind their 'right to Independance' it makes zero economic sense

They will not have a currency as they wont be part of the Uk. They could use the Euro, but only if they were a member of the EU, which is doubtful. Many Multinationals have already announced that they will be headed south to England if it happens, further economic damage ensuing! Or .... they could invent their own.

The whole thing is romantic cobblers - that has no chance of working, but the potential damage is imeasurable! Hey - their choice - we'll soon see!

@animal66 - Isle of man, Jersey are 'possessions of the Crown' Jersey since 1204 when we nicked it off the French!- totally dissimilar to Scotland's potential status post independance, its more like saying why cant france use ££

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I see where you're coming from, it's interesting to me because Hawaii was a Kingdom illegally annexed by the US but while the idea of independence is like you said "romantic" ,for us there is no way in hell it would work. I'ts just nice to see the cohesion of the effort and the precedent of legal standing, I mean at least the Brits are entertaining the idea.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
@HIBred - all hotting up now. Im an englishman: so I may have a smidgin of bias, but.......... they should leave well alone if they know whats good for them. ! Never mind their 'right to Independance' it makes zero economic sense

They will not have a currency as they wont be part of the Uk. They could use the Euro, but only if they were a member of the EU, which is doubtful. Many Multinationals have already announced that they will be headed south to England if it happens, further economic damage ensuing! Or .... they could invent their own.

The whole thing is romantic cobblers - that has no chance of working, but the potential damage is imeasurable! Hey - their choice - we'll soon see!

@animal66 - Isle of man, Jersey are 'possessions of the Crown' Jersey since 1204 when we nicked it off the French!- totally dissimilar to Scotland's potential status post independance, its more like saying why cant france use ££

I feel that certain countries which are not EU members do use Euros (or used to, before joining it officially), can't think of an example straight away, though. On the other hand, Equador uses US Dollars.

Anyway, that, beyond doubt, would not be prohibited for Schotland to use UK Pounds, subject to UK consent / permission / bilateral agreement.[DOUBLEPOST=1409428747][/DOUBLEPOST]Back to the poll:
I'm familiar with the topic (and those similar: Venice in Italy, Quebec in Canada and a few regions in Spain) since forever => 'lolwut' is not the option;
I don't really care => yes and no are not the options either.

What do I vote? :D[DOUBLEPOST=1409428841][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh well, let it be yes XD

Last edited:

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
I didn't amaze the result the Scottish choose their destiny is already a beautiful thing in our world
thank you for your participation this revealed some personality in particular it was nice Sir Lord Buckrogers :hk:
thank you again

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
As soon as Scotland gets its independence, so will the Cornish, the Welsh and the Irish want theirs.

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
:LOL/[DOUBLEPOST=1409691593][/DOUBLEPOST]and the end of the monarchy, which will no longer reason to exist!(I 'll not make friends with what I just said)

Top Bottom