Votes: 1 2.9%
  • England

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I don't know football too well, but can someone explain why country like England where football was invented, aren't very good at it? What makes a team, like Brazil or Germany, better than teams from other countries like England?
England invented loads of sports. Baseball, tennis Etc.. there are many reasons. We won the world cup in 1966 don't forget that. Not to mention the Rugby world cup a few years back. We do well in cricket too.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I'm not sure if Cricket and Rounders qualifies as Inventing Baseball.

A New Yorker is credited with inventing the modern diamond, rules, bases etc. , AFAIK.

Baseball is an American game, dammit!

And the best game in the world, IMHO.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Who's the dumb ass who voted for Spain? XD

I keed.

It was only one game and it might serve as a huge wake up call for Spain. They lost game one four years ago as well, although in a much different fashion than today.

We shall see.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Yo Stork Switzerland and Columbia are out, build my castle, it's about 100.000 blocks

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Funny how Germany was oust in the semi finals in 2006, and now the same thing has happened to Brazil. Quite ironic.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Who was the other person to vote Argentina with me?

Should be a good final. I know a lot of people are calling the Game today a good one, but i found it pretty boring. Neither team really won (imo) , one just happened to advance.

Germany's game vs. Brazil could be a disadvantage in that they basically played a game of whiffle ball and had no real competition. That can hurt a team when they have to turn around and play at an entirely Different level a few days later.

I know when my favorite teams go into the playoffs i want them doing so having played tough, competitive games at the end of the season instead of going in on cruise control.

However, Argentina had to play 120 grueling minutes, so who knows how much that takes out of them.

Top Bottom