FPS limit rule - 250

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I think we should enforce a 250 maxfps rule on server 1.

The default limit is much lower and has to be changed to gain any benefit. This means anyone who would be breaking this rule knows very well how to obey it. People who are unable to achieve even 125 FPS are already at a disadvantage. People abuse the advantages that certain FPS limits above 250 give a player in both discreet and indiscreet ways. It preys on the people who are the most unable to defend themselves on server 1.

Server 1 because there are people in this krew who want to use certain FPS to mess around in other servers. Server 1 is our only regularly populated server that attracts a large amount of new players, including a lot of newbies. Any server that has those qualities should have this rule, in my opinion.

If it is easy to make this a rule (autokick if com_maxfps is above 250.... include warnings) then we should totally do it! Easy to do, easy to control, nothing but benefits...etc.

Is there a b3 plugin that can achieve this? Or is that only punkbuster? Would it be possible to moderate this rule if there wasn't a plugin in place? If not, why? If so, how?

Anyway, thanks for reading!

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Why?

Many people use FPS limits to gain faster movement speed, further/higher jump distances, silent movement (without perks).

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Only punkbuster. And people with below 60 fps can get almost no recoil, and people with 90 get advantages over people with 60. Anything over 250 isn't much of an advantage in comparison to 125 and 250 so it doesn't really even matter.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
There's always something to discuss.

Are you saying we should close this thread? For what reason? At the very least I was just interested in some stuff.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Well most people who can reach over 250 fps can see that it starts hurting their gameplay instead of benefit it past 250, the only thing 333 grants is a slightly higher jump and fire rate, but recoil also starts going back up and you can hardly strafe. 500 you can hardly jump at all but when you walk it's silent which isn't very useful at all on a1.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
So

500 - Walk silently
333 - higher jump and fire rate, with possible increases in recoil (which could be due to higher fire rate)

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Don't forget 500 and up makes you hardly jump as well. And walking the entire time on a1 isn't exactly the best.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I think probably to play games that look better with more stuff going on graphics wise.

Not really a big graphics advantage in playing upwards of 125 fps, is there?

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
Sure, there might be some advantages from playing with certain FPS.
But do we want to be kicking people for doing it, no. We would lose more kicking for FPS than we currently do.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Why? Because the second we start kicking people out for stupid shit and making a bunch of rules to micro manage the server is the second people don't come back.

I would hate for the server to become like one of those 'tactical' servers with 900 different rules to make it 'fair.' Those servers are annoying as shit.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't see how a poll would help seeing that the only readily available way to do this is via punkbuster.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I just wanted to make a discussion about it, at least. That's why no poll.

I actually am thinking it's probably not a good idea to make this a rule, anyway. I guess damage is right.... too much red tape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom