FPS limit rule - 250

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I disagree too.

If you start telling people what FPS they can and can't have, you might as well tell them if they use a resolution higher than 1900x1200 they can't play. OR if they have surround sound headphones.. they are not allowed because the majority of players don't have them.

And how can we enforce it?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Well while I see your point there, storky, and I too see no way to enforce an FPS limit, the advantages of these certain fps limits aren't just like having better graphics or sound.

If higher resolution interacted with the game engine in a way that made you move silently, affected recoil, allowed you to jump higher/further..... then it would be comparable.

I have a horribly shitty computer, and so do a lot of other people. I see no reason someone with a great pc shouldn't be allowed to max everything out, though.

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Well while I see your point there, storky, and I too see no way to enforce an FPS limit, the advantages of these certain fps limits aren't just like having better graphics or sound.

If higher resolution interacted with the game engine in a way that made you move silently, affected recoil, allowed you to jump higher/further..... then it would be comparable.

I have a horribly shitty computer, and so do a lot of other people. I see no reason someone with a great pc shouldn't be allowed to max everything out, though.

I agree, having a higher FPS will give a different advantage to having good sound/graphics. (I'm not sure I understood your top sentence correctly).

I agree with you that a high FPS player will have an advantage over those that have 60ish (not counting sub 60 here), and that it would be very difficult to enforce it.

The owners of the high spec PC's can't argue that they want more FPS than say 60, because the average human eye is supposed to not be able to see any difference anyway.

But, like Damage said, too much red tape :p.

P.s. I play promod a lot with the clan, and it aggravates me when I see Hultsy or Ez running past me at literally 1.5x my speed. There's nothing I can do about it though until I upgrade my PC.

Garycheese

The Bringer Of Cheese
|K3| Member
I disagree with this. I always have 40-65 fps and have never had problems killing people with higher fps and never feel that im at a disadvantage. Its ping you should be worried about that makes a lot of problems i have 150-330 ping and get killed a lot because of that not fps.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Its Gage and his low ass ping you should be worried about that makes a lot of problems
Corrected it for you
hue_hue_hue_hue-105882.gif

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
@Storky that sounds more like wall running cuz I'm pretty sure thats not possible.. I've never really noticed a difference in run speed personally so it seems like it's extremely minimal

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
@Storky that sounds more like wall running cuz I'm pretty sure thats not possible.. I've never really noticed a difference in run speed personally so it seems like it's extremely minimal
I think he means that they're moving faster because they're strafing. It's not 1.5 times faster, but you can definitely get places faster using good strafing techniques.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
I think he means that they're moving faster because they're strafing. It's not 1.5 times faster, but you can definitely get places faster using good strafing techniques.
Ahh I thought he meant run speed, that makes more sense. Like on strike attack XD skip so much of the hill lol

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
Ahh I thought he meant run speed, that makes more sense. Like on strike attack XD skip so much of the hill lol
I was talking about run speed but I exaggerated quite a bit. It is roughly about 1.2x faster you can notice it if you're both running next to each other.. he slowly edges faster.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
you'rs is probably set to Default (0) which is uncapped, then.

/cg_drawfps 1 -this displays your current FPS in the top righthand corner of your screen. Console will explain the various settings

/com_maxfps [VALUE] -here you can set the max frames per second that will be processed and created. Default is 0 which means UNCAPPED (there is no limit on frames)

Top Bottom