The Word "Nigga"

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
@MikeK The rule states no trash talk. That includes no racist terms. Pretty clear tbh. Refer to the server's rules thread where @WaLLy states that the no trash talk rule is to not be looked over. And to act accordingly. Further proving my previous post. I'm not trying to argue with anyone. If anyone wishes to change the rule then create a thread with a poll. There is no reason to continue to argue over the subject. Leave it to a poll.
NO TRASH TALK - Offensive racial term, harassing people. Result = Ban!

1. Trash Talk Definition: Verbal abuse used during competition to upset the opposition.
The rule is by no means clear and is used in a completely different way. Calling people motherfucking noobs barely results even in a warning.

2. Offensive racial term - every single person has their own understanding of what is offensive and what's not. Some think that 'nigga' is offensive or might offend someone else, and that's why Houston asked not to use the word at all. That's his opinion.

3. Harassing people results in ban? Since when?
'Harassment' can be defined as behaviour intended to disturb or upset other people. In this case, hypothetically, I can ban PrestoN because he upset me by owning me 10-2 in the deagle comp.

Please, don't tell me which rule is clear and which is not. This is what I've been studying for two years, every day.
I can send you hundreds of pages of arguments on what the word 'international' means.
Barely anything is 100% clear, especially when it comes to personal feelings and opinions, and every mod has their own feelings and opinions.
Any discussion of any rule should, IMO, be always more than welcome.

Last edited:

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
images

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@MikeK like I said im not trying to argue. I'm simply stating leave it to a poll because OBVIOUSLY there are multiple ways the rule can be interpreted (This is why it isn't worth agueing over). Also, you don't have to make yourself look all high and mighty by talking down to others. Just makes you look like an asshat.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Hulsty is right, IMO.

There doesn't need to be a big long discussion on it since it's already written in as a server rule.

Personally i'd like to see it changed a little bit, but that's just me. If someone comes in and says, what up nigga, i really have no issue with it and would never instantly ban. I would warn them to please not use it again as some people may find it offensive.

But he's right. If we want to talk about changing it, it should be done in a thread with a poll for change. Otherwise it's just dead air.

mmnz

Sergeant
|K3| Member
As long as a discussion remains civil, I don't see how it's pointless. A gathering of ideas and opinions should be positive, again as long as they're civilized, and not met with hostility. Having a poll is cool but reason behind decision is also important.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
IMO This is the main purpose of having a forum in the 1st place. The opportunity to talk thru things in a nonaggressive manner as opposed to instant chat. Forum postings give you time to think things thru and state your purpose rationally whereas chat is instant and usually results in more butthurt due to spur of the moment, top of the head statements. Thank you all for a calm and rational discussion

chet manley

Corporal
Former Krew Member
Because we are KKK, I think saying the N-word in our servers deserves the harshest punishment. I can see a troll dropping the N-word a couple of times knowing they'll get a warning before they'll get kicked or banned. Please let's just leave it as a perm ban for racism and let's move on.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
I got an auto perm ban some time ago for using the word 'snigger' in a totally innocent manner (laffin at Mr Manley as it happens) If the system auto boots me for that - then it should do the same for 'nigga' - warnings shouldnt come into it - let the thing be sorted out on appeal. (you would in any event get to know more about the 'offender' if he has to put in a written appeal.)Personally I think there is an amount of hairsplitting in the difference between the two forms of the word.

My stance would be that whilst it might be a fine form of address where you come from, it's unacceptable on our servers, if for no other reason than that its use is almost certainly going to be misinterpreted by the other camp. Enter discord - witnessed by all the other pub players on the server who didn't come on for a debate on racism or semantics, and may subsequently not return as a result.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
just perm if you feel like it or warn if you dont and if they appeal unban #profit
Let's not be {8th} about it. First and foremost, we should all be warning. Even if we don't all agree on it. A straight out ban without any sort of warning = ban happy. Now, I will agree if the context does warrant it, then by all means. However, the evidence needs to be there.

Let's move on now.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I think b3 auto bans if you say Nigga with a capital N. I thought it was just nxgger but me and @The Moment saw some guy get instantly banned once he typed out Nigga with capital N.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Let's not be {8th} about it. First and foremost, we should all be warning. Even if we don't all agree on it. A straight out ban without any sort of warning = ban happy. Now, I will agree if the context does warrant it, then by all means. However, the evidence needs to be there.

Let's move on now.

This is now my way of dealing with it.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
Just for clarification sake, if you see someone who says either n*gger or nigga (and they don't get auto banned) warn them, correct?

Top Bottom